Do you believe that there's going to be a dollar effect?

I hear my mom always watches news and people talking about. It means that everything in the USA will be cost more than previous years. People will go crazy for food. And that some Americans are saving food in their storages as rice and beans. Why am I hearing this now is this something I didn't know. Are you aware of this?

Updates:
2mo Thanks everyone

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

• that kind of talk has been going on since before your mom and dad were born , but with how the economy has been doing pooly nad how everyone has gone bacl to growing there food it seems like people are more worried now than that have ever been.

and while its a good idea to always be prepared you should never really take stock in rumors that only create panic.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Don't worry... unless Trump becomes President.

By the way things costing more than they did in previous years is called inflation. Almost always inflation is greater than 0 which means that prices gradually increase. It has been happening for a long long time. In the 1970s, inflation was bad but then the Federal Reserve Board raised took drastic action that caused inflation to come to a grinding halt about 35 years ago. Since then inflation has been held in control as the Federal Reserve Board fears it and is actively protecting against it.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...lation_Ancient.svg.png

1|0
    0|1
  • You are probably think of survivalists - There is a very small chance it could happen but I think at 16, you should not worry about the news and enjoy been a teen.

0|1
    0|0
  • I work for the Department of Defense, and they're talk about a shout down.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

What does the do?

• Show All
    • 2mo

oh ok that makes since now that i think about yeah. thanks for the explanation.

• 2mo

your most welcome

• Obama has run up a MASSIVE debt. It will cause massive problems. We have gold, silver, food, guns, ammo, life straws for fresh water and cash. Trump is the best bet to not go through the hell that is coming. Think of the riots that have happened and then think of that in every city when there is a finacial collapse. Even the government websites tell you to have three days of food and water which can be used in any variety of circumstances such as natural disaster. Your mom and others are smart. The stupid put themselves at extreme risk if something happens. They are why you need guns as well sincethey will come after your things when the government fails them. Trucks will be raided, stores will be looted, houses will be invaded. Think of it as insurance. Buy the stuff, put it away and forget about it but take some comfort in that it is there. Or blindly trust the corrupt ineffective government and fate like the people of New Orleans did.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Food is one of the things America produces in excess. Huge climate change or man-made disaster that effects the land, like during the Dust Bowl, would be the only thing that would lead to a big famine.

0|0
    0|0