What do you think about accepting strangers on FB?

I'm wondering if I should accept friend requests from GIRLS that I don't personally know on FB. I've never accepted strangers before but these girls are from a closed group in which I'm also a member and since I have no friends (outside of family and cousins) in my home country yet I thought why not, it's nice to have some friends from my country, but I'm not sure if it's a bad decision or not.

• No it's not a good idea
  • It depends
  • Why not

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I don't see much use in it actually if I don't spoke to you in anyway or am in involved with you or a group in any way do not add me lol. And since my family is military I am very weary of accepting strangers for very good reason.

That' why I have only 127 friends on FB most of them are either people I know, have known for years or are like the Husbands or wives as people I do know but I do have a few people I don't know at all because I'm gamer and I do clans and stuff.

but if your not me with connections and stuff like that were people could potentially use that friendship to try and gain information, military information or information about your family were they are deployed etc. Then go for it you don't' have much to lose.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't add anyone I don't know. I am too paranoid if they are someone who try to stalk me. It happened a few times. My fb is very private and I doubt people can easily search my id unless they know me from someone else. I don't mind adding if I see they have some mutual friends with me.

What Guys Said 32

• If it is a closed group and you are a member why do you not know them?

It's a closed group with 130 000 girls haha basically a girl had an idea of adding all young Tunisian girls in a group and I got invited to the group and now some girls are adding me ^^

Maybe I can get invited to an exclusive closed group of Americans.

• It depends, some of them might be nice people who just want to make friends all over the world, but... on the other hand, some of them might be fake profiles, or hackers who want to steal your personal information (email, password etc).

• facebook is no different than twitter or instagram. DO NOT use your real name or addresss or give any real details on facebook. seriously you should know that. you can talk to strangers and make online friends on facebook. just be safe an dont give out personal info. i have facebook. and i add strangers all the time i follow over 100 people. my name on facebook is phillip anthony and my user name is WorldTurnBlack look at me on facebook if you want

• I am saying B as in depends - If they are in a closed group they might be okay but be careful

• I did once but I thought they recognised me. basicly I went to a new gym knew id briefly chatted with a few people then got 2 requests from people who looked sporty so i accepted one posted some marketing shit to my wall so i removed the dick head and unfriended them the cunt still got away with free advertising on my profile.

• Members with whom i get along with in my closed groups are all veterans, service members, policemen, firefighters and Paramidgets. All stand up people, i have no problem adding from those groups... others however i tend to stay away from.

• No, it's stupid to add people you don't know.

• really bad
    my rule is at least 1-5 commun friends
    but sometimes u meet a stranger in rl share fb with him

• It sounds like you have at least some sort of association to them, so that's a plus. I'm vehemently against just adding everyone and anyone. I find these people with hundreds or thousands of "friends" to be lame.

• Nah I wouldn't really add anyone I don't actually know especially when you get random requests without asking you first by messGe at least. Sounds funky

• I don't accept complete strangers from the Internet. If I know that they are from my university I might do it though

you can create a new group with limited access... if it's someone you don't know, put them in there

• When I was on FB, I would never do it.

• I only add people whom I know, which is why my friends list has fewer than 100 people.

Don't add strangers.

• I never accept request from strangers on Facebook until i do a background check on their email, username, name etc

• You should have added a "Who cares? I don't use Facebook' option..

• naah, i never accept strangers request on facebook

• Unless it's me don't do it

• "There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met."

• I wouldn't do that.

• I don't think it'll harm you so why not?

• I dont have a facebook, but if i did i would not add any one that i didn't know in person.

• No , it is not a good idea. Some girls on face book are actually boys.

• U dont need anybooty in yo life. All u need is Asian boi and our life is complete 💝

• No most of the time those are guys making fake accounts as girls

• Who cares? If they don't like what I post, they're free to unfriend. I'm not gonna make them stay.

• Add me Muslim babezzzzzz
    I will message you noodz

• I don't usually do it unless it's mutual friends

• very dangerous.

• No it's not a good idea... to use Facebook. Use Twitter instead.

• I could use as many friends as possible, but even barely go on Fb anymore

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 13

• Muslim Husband found me on Facebook.
    It Depends, I think. And also, if it is What God Intends in the End with a Friend.
    Good luck. xx

• There are "girls" who are actually guys pretending to be girls. If you don't know them then you really have no idea who they are or what their intentions are. I don't accent requests from people I don't know. They would have access to your info like where you live, your family, your house of worship, your school, work, etc. Bad idea

• Nup, I don't. I have too much information on my Facebook --like what school I go to etc.
    Just checked my friend count though... ayyy I have 740 friends! Or rather, people I know lol. Guess that's what happens when you move schools.

• It depends. I only accept them if they are in the same class/college as me or we at least have one mutual friend.

• I don't do it. If I don't know you personally or from school, I won't accept your friend request. Facebook is my most personal social media

• I never accept those.

• I will message and ask do I know them. If I don't.. no

• Some people do this to meet guys. They might think you are cute and want to hit on you. What's the harm? It's not like you post personal information on facebook.

• Nope. I only add people I know.

• Meh. Do you want.
    I never added people I didn't know, but plenty of people do all the time.

• I never do because I put a lot of my personal life on there like my kids and such.

• #nope

The closest I get to that is when they have mutual friends and live in my area.

• I do that only if their profiles look safe.