Do you think our loved ones can still be with us even after death?

Way back in June, I broke up with an ex that was been a total jerk for a while and stressing me out. Then afterwards I found out, he was cheating a couple months before we broke up.

Just recently he confessed the real reason he stopped visiting me at some point: he felt my house was somewhat haunted and that he felt as if someone didn't want him in.

I never felt anything he mentioned. Those things only happened to him but no one else. However, when I told my aunt and another relative about it, they believe that was grandfather letting him know he's not welcomed (he died when I was just 4 and I was his only grandchild at the time).

I have very little memories of him but when he was alive, he would say to others how he'll always watch over me even if I can't see him and that anyone that messes with me will deal with him.

• No, your ex boyfriend is imagining things
  • Yes, maybe that was your grandfather
  • Maybe, I mixed feelings about it

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a possibility.

I remember when I was living in my parents house when I was younger. This was early in the morning, when it was near time for me to get ready to wake up but I was lying in bed thinking of different things. This was the morning I had to go to the college I wanted, and apply and get things organized to start a proper career. Well, for some odd reason I looked over at the entrance to my bedroom, which faces a set of stairs and the stairs lead into a living area. I swear, even to this day, I saw a figure of a black woman in a white kind of night-gown with longish curly hair with a white scarf-like headband around her hair. But two things about this shocked me. One, my dad and mom were asleep and my mom doesn't dress and look like this for night-time. And secondly, I didn't really see her feet and it was if she was kind of floating down with traces sort of coming off of her. Like if you wave your hand in front of an old picture tube TV screen and see your hand traces. I don't know where she came from and when she was finished coming down the stairs, she vanished. I sat STRAIGHT up in my bed and just sat there for a bit, trying to take it in and understand what I just saw. Then I asked my Dad that was sleeping in the couch in the room where she apparently went into about if he say her. He said, "No". But he did say that sometimes he get's visitors of past relatives and such. My Mom said that it was probably one of my past aunts trying to make sure I'm ready to get to the college.

I believe there are things in life not easily explained away or reasoned or that have clear cut answers to. But, aside from all that shit your ex said, it still wasn't an excuse (if it was an excuse) for him to fuck around on you. But if your parents think it might be your grandfather, then there are worse spirits out there that could be around you. Be thankful you have a guardian angel.

Thank you. If it were a mean ghost then those things would be happening to me and others and not just my crappy ex boyfriend but they were only happening to him.

No worries.

Most Helpful Girl

• I Strongly Believe in The... After Life. E$specially a Love d One, hun.
    My own grandma Came to her Wake years ago. Her cross began Swaying as 17 of us were Surrounding her coffin, letting us know She was at Peace now, not Sick anymore, and to Thank us for Being there for her.
    She was around for awhile, Gramps too.
    I would Take your Ex's word for What he said. Ghosts, especially a Loved one, have this Uncanny way to let Someone else Know what You may Not... Know.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• Anyone that has passed will still remain as long we remember or celebrate their life..

Yeah right. They dead. They gone. End of story.

I asked you second

Honestly I have never seen nor heard anything ever in my life and feel safe at home. The following year after grandpa died (long ago), my aunt claimed to have seen him smiling.
      I first thought my ex boyfriend was full of BS but come to think about it, if now they say that was grandpa then I guess that would make sense as to why all that was only happening to my ex boyfriend and not me nor anyone. Grandpa would have never want to scare me.

• Sounds like just made the most elaborate bullshit excuse to stop visiting you and avoid you lolz.

• They can be very present... in our memories.

• No..

• I think he is delusional, Sure loved ones remain with us after death, in the sens that we remember them. thats it. What a weird person he is.

• He's lying to you and you're being a gullible tard lol.

What Girls Said 8

• After death comes the judgement, but I do know that sometimes they are around until they are put to rest and an angel takes the soul of the dead person for that. My mom was around for about a week, and told my niece, her granddaughter that she loved her. Never once saw her or my nephews when she was living. So in my opinion, it could be two things: either he felt something was there that shouldn't be like other spirits/demons or it is very possible he is still in that house. Possibly either stuck in-between or God gave warning somehow, and maybe allowed his spirit to warn him to leave. Its a lot of spiritual matters to deal with as not everybody knows what all the time goes on spiritually. So he may not be actually lying.

• I don't believe that they can contact us; I've never experienced a haunting, but more importantly, I've lost loved ones and none of them have ever "haunted" me (as in paranormal activity, they've definitely defined my life)

I mean, it's possible that they don't care about me or miss me, and that's probably true for quite a few of them that I wasn't really close with or were distant relative, but my godmother died when I was 5 and I really hope she cared about me enough to miss me. Her death was something that shaped me, I've never been the same and I mean, this is kinda hard to admit, I still cry looking at pictures of her. My boyfriend always wants to see pictures of her (he knows we were really close and that I really remember her, and wants to know what she looked like) and I'm afraid I'll start crying like I did a few weeks ago. If none of my late relatives care, wouldn't be a shocker, I mean, but I'd still be a bit upset

I've had experiences, hell one of them probably stopped me from killing myself

I always have to copy and paste that from one of my other opinions as its so goddamn long but yeah, thats what happened

• I think your ex probably made it up, but I wouldn't say for sure ghosts don't exist. You can only prove something's existence, but you can never disprove it.

• So yes, i do believe that our loved ones are with us after death. Id like to think that they watch over us and watch us grow, and guide us without us even knowing. However, i do feel your boyfriend was lying. Okay, yes, he might have felt a presence and maybe that was a sign from ur loved ones that he isn't the one. That is no reason for him to cheat though, and is not a good excuse.

• No I don't, I think he's using it as an excuse not to visit.

• Good on your grandfather if he really did scare him off, but the guy is a jerk, a cheater with diversion tactics. Just be glad that doosh is out of your life, rejoice!

Thank you and interesting but just yesterday, I had a dream with my grandfather for the first time. He was the same age he died (68) but didn't seem sick at all, not even in his hospital gown. He was living in a nice house. I was shocked and tried getting away but he saw me. Then he had a smile and said ''come in''. When I tried telling him he has been dead for years and he replied he was fine.
      I woke up afterwards and that was that. Sadly it was a dream but it seemed real, as if he was happy seeing me grown-up.

• They'll always be with you in spirit

• Lol, and you believed him?

Actually I thought he was full of bs. I just told my aunt and relative to see what they thought and they really think that was my grandfather. My aunt claims to have seen him smiling once the following year after his death.
      Honestly, I've never seen nor heard anything weird.