Why does one typo online seem to be enough for someone to question your intelligence?

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they obviously lead a very busy life... because they have anger issues and seem to be uptight.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the height of their intellectual achievement, public school English class... They haven't done anything more challenging in their life so it's obviously the pinnacle of human intelligence to them.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• thats actually a logical fallacy. they use the typo to attack you and question your intelligence while they dont attack the argument. its a sort of ad hominem attack because they attack your person and attempt to discredit you the messenger instead of you. dont worry buddy, these people are dumb. your argument is too strong for them so they choose to attack you instead.

0|2
    0|0
  • I won't question your intelligence for a typo, since that is an unintentional slip of the fingers when typing. But if your mistake "you're" for "your" or misspell a word like "does" as "dose" (and you do it consistently every tme you use the word so it wasn't a typo) that is a sign that you are uneducated.

0|1
    0|0
  • I most of the time ignore typos because the smartest people I know make a lot of typos.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause they have nothing better to do than to try to prove their superiority in petty ways.

0|1
    0|0
  • People are so petty that they'll look for any reason to assert their own "intelligence".

0|0
    0|0
  • Based on your username, you seem to make a lot of typos lol

1|1
    0|0