I don't understand the directions to this question, how do I answer it?

I have to answer this for an assignment, but the questions directions are confusing. What am I supposed to do?

Finish this sentence and keep writing for ten minutes. Do Not look ahead. What I most want you to know about me is...
Stop. Now write this and keep going for ten minutes: That was all a lie. Here's what I really want you to know:

Most Helpful Girl

• What's the subject, like creative writing or something?

It is a bit confusingly worded... By "do not look ahead", could they have meant "do not read ahead"? As in you're supposed to write honestly about yourself for 10 minutes, and THEN read the second half of the question... following that with another 10 minutes of revelations?

It is creative writing, but like you I thought the exact thing. However the question contradicts itself saying it's a lie in the second part

Maybe the idea is, that no matter how honest you are about yourself, there's always a deeper level of truth you can reveal. Or else, that perhaps the first things that come into our heads aren't necessarily the most truthful or well-considered!

Most Helpful Guy

• It strikes me as a psychological test - Part (1) Describe yourself, your natural inclination is to give the description you think the reader wants - Part (2) How you really see yourself, the truth.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• What kind of school do you go to? This is some mental gymnastics matrix shit. Are they teaching you to follow orders so your mind can easily be controlled?

You have a strange teacher. Here's what you write.

Finish this sentence and keep writing for ten minutes. Do not look ahead. What I most want you to know about me is...

I've finished this sentence and continued writing for ten minutes. I haven't looked ahead. What I most want to know about you is...

Stop. now write this and keep going for ten minutes: That was all a lie. Here's what I really want to know:

If this was all a lie why did you have me stop and continue for ten minutes. How do I know if this is a lie and you were actually telling the truth? How can I trust you?