Is 21 too young to buy a home?

Back ground, my parents are giving me their 5 bedroom home in two years, but I am tired of renting apartments. I'm considering buying a house on the west coast and renting it out once I go back to the south. Am I too young to do this? Also, I don't have to pay a down payment. It seems like this will be a better investment, but I'm unsure and don't really know how to proceed.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only to young if you don't have a kapakani as a roommate for that 5 bedroom.

I make a mean pancake­čśÄ!!!

No but wait it out and just lease apts until your parents house is ready. Don't rush into a desicion that might lead you to two payments down the line if things don't work out.

• I have a family of my own lol yeah... Two mortgages is not appetizing.

• Definitely not tasty to have 2 mortgages! So yeah, wait it out.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not. As long as you're financial capable of buying your own place.

I was 20 when I bought my first home.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• It's not too young. The property ladder is something most people dream of getting on before 30. Just make sure you're financially stable. If you're not you lose everything. Survey the house being buying etc.

• That's also a problem. I could end up paying two mortgages on my own if I can't find a tenant or sell it.

• If you're getting a home in two years anyway (again something most people could only dream of... ) I wouldn't take the risk.

• sounds suspicious to me. noone just gives a house away

• Parents do it all of the time.

• Maybe your parents can't afford it. Some parents pay for college, some give cars, homes or life lessons.

• just sounds suspicious to me, that's all

What Girls Said 5

• If you can handle all of that, then you're not too young.

• nope

• No a mortgage is debt. Keep your parents house.

• If you have the money go ahead

• Uh mate, if you have the chance to buy, do it. It pays off pretty quickly.