What was your worst mistake while writing a text, email or letter to someone?

1mo Bump
1mo Dump

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• While I don't really know my worst mistake while writing an email, I can recall my very first mistake.

My company had just recently gotten email (yes, I am that old! lol!) and a client sent me an email. His email said he apologized for asking this question but here is his question, blah, blah, blah.

So I responded by starting my email with "You do need to apologize." And then I went on to answer his question.

His response to my response was short and snippy and I thought, well that is odd for him. So I read our email chain and realized I left the word "not" off of my response. My response was supposed to read, "You do NOT need to apologize." Ooopsss, one little word matters.

Hahahaha! I called him right away and we had a good laugh.

I wish I could say twenty years later I do not still make those mistakes but I still do. There is something about me not seeing my mistakes until after I hit submit/send. So in emails, I do not see it even with proofreading before sending and the same for places like here. I proofread and think it is correct, but probably 50% of the time I still have an error. This is why an edit button would be really handy. lol! :)

• Once I had a guy friend, who really just appeared to be my friend although I had a huge crush on him. Well, when we had had a stupid fight I sent him a message saying: tell me when you are back! (Atleast i thought so, but autocorrect had changed it to: tell me when you are my babe! This all was in our language)
    Not that bad but not a very nice situation either

What happened after that? Just curious.

I corrected it when I saw it later and he laughed. But ever since our relationship has been a little weird. We started flirting more and went out on a date actually, but because of the long distance nothing happened. We don't really talk that much anymore. Just once in a while.

Bummer...

• I was trying to type a response to someone about whether they should do something or not, my intention was to say, 'you can't do that', but (and I still have no clue, to this day how it happened) it came out as 'you cunt do that' and I hit send before I realised.

• I don't think I've had anything that bad except maybe forgetting to attach a file to an e-mail. What about you? 😛

• I made a write-up for an internship. I wanted my professor to go through it. So I had to email it to her. I used my cellphone for sending mail and somehow forgot to attach the PDF file of my write-up!

• I was texting an ex and told him I would never want to be with him and to leave me alone because I found someone I really care about.

Sent it to the 'then' boyfriend by mistake. Took a loooooooooooooong time explaining that one, but I showed him the messages and he believed me. I'm not with either of them anymore anyway lol.

That sounds sad :( did you break up because of that or something else unrelated later on? If I may ask.

Nah, unrelated things. He was a dick. No dates, no compliments, never bought me anything, rarely called, only want to see me at night, got mad when I didn't want sex...

We broke up because he sucked and for no other reason lol.

• One time I tried to text a friend to tell her I was making pitas for dinner, and it got corrected to potassium.

• in turkish to live is "yaşamak" and to lick is "yalamak" and i was texting this guy from work and I've written yalamak (lick) instead of live and things got complicated.

• Lol not telling it was that embarrassing

• 1|0
  • I can't recall
    I had done it a few time --made mistakes

Once I sent the blowing a kiss emoji by mistake

• sending mail to wrong person

That moment when you write a long and detailed email, send it and close the browser, and later come back to find out that you've sent it to yourself lol

• I guess when I sent these romantic song lyrics to a friend

• hmm I can't remember, but I'm always carefully, so I read the message twice before I send it.

• When you texting about your crush to your friend, but sending to your crush instead.

What Guys Said 6

• I wrote sex instead of sec.
    The X and the C are right next to each other on the keyboard and typos happen but the person I was talking to kept insisting that it was a freudian slip.

• Once i sent a naked pic to a girl i was seeing (or so i thought). Turned out i sent it to my mom. Things got awkward at home lol

My bad i read the question wrong

• I got dirty with my grandma 😂

• I make very few mistakes in spelling. That hurts me.

• Well i was trying to type just one more sec but i wrognyl typed ust one more sex :D it was funny.

• One time I poured my heart out.

That was foolish of me.