Is homosexuality normal?

Is it normal?

• It is normal
  • It is not normal

Most Helpful Guy

• If homosexuality was normal couples of the sex same could reproduce.

What Guys Said 19

• It's not normal. Being gay is a mental defect much like ADD or schizophrenia or autism. I use a broad set of examples because I can't say if a persons sexuality is a hormonal imbalance ow a physical difference in the brain or what but it is an anomaly.

This doesn't mean that people who are gay are lesser people and it surely doesn't mean they should be treated differently. But its silly to think that homosexuality is normal.

Think of it sort of like that kid you may have grown up with who had a lisp or acne or something. Do you really treat them differently or think about it at all. (especially when you get older)

Homosexuality isn't something that should even be the kind of topic it is. It doesn't matter, it's just there so just judge people by how they treat themselves and others because to be honest, I'm really sick of people giving a shit.

Absolutely agreed. It's perverse of people to care so much about what sex others prefer. Why the heck does it matter so much to people.

• It's not "normal" in that the biological default is hetero (same sex can't breed, defies the biological imperative). However, it's "normal" in that a significant statistical percentage of the population are sexually attracted to the same gender instead of their biological opposites.

• Normal as in decently common? Yes. Normal as in the way things are supposed to be? Sorry, no. I don't have a problem with gays, they didn't choose to be that way, but you can't deny something went wrong when your 1000 ancestors successfully reproduce, but your brain, specifically designed to continue that chain, decides to stop all of that progress.

• Depends how you define "normal". It is certainly natural because has been observed in nature thousands of times.

• Depends on your definition of "normal".

"Normal" in the sense that it occurs naturally

"Abnormal" in the sense that it is not biologically beneficial for reproduction.

If we were not tribal animals, that would be obvious.

But it's clear that our evolutionary success as a species is a little more complicated than every single member reproducing, and being a waste of space otherwise. Why don't women drop dead at menopause since they no longer reproduce?

The fact they don't, and the fact homosexuality is as common as it is, suggests there were likely evolutionary benefits. If older women help with grandkids and improve their odds of success, than that gene will be passed on. If spitting out say 10% homosexual men produced a small surplus of fighting males who helped protect the tribe without squabbling over mates, that might have been an advantage. I mean I don't know, but if it was purely disadvantage, you'd think it would happen less?

• This is a question for homosexuals and bisexuals. To judge as a heterosexual is a bit weird. Please reiterate what you define as "normal".
    My personal opinion: You are not normal to ask this question.
    In general: Most of us I assume live in tolerant societies where we honour human rights and law. If you take that as your "norm" then it is perfectly normal.
    *puts palm onto face and shakes head*

• Totally normal

• normal to me...

• Homosexuality is a biological difference. That being said it is not normal like how it's not normal to be an sociopath. Is it a bad different? Definitely not!

• yeah sure. whether it is or not doesn't matter, i dont care what other men do with their dick.

• Homosexuality occurs in quite a number of animal species that are far older than humans so I dare say that there must be some evolutionary advantage to it. Yes, I do think it's normal.

• animals have shown that behavior and it is seen all throughout human history. The majority are not gay but it has always been around.

• Nope it isn't.

• Absolutely not.

• The majority is normal, this minority isn't

• of course it is

• It seems normal for a small minority of humans to be homosexual. This has been so persistent, and by the post puberty phase seems so common it's hard to imagine it hasn't had some tribal advantage.

• Depends what you mean by normal. It's normal as in it's not strange, but it's not normal as in the most common

• It's not the norm but its not abnormal, it's been found in the animal kingdom as well

What Girls Said 4

• Who sets standards of what is normal and what is not normal? Something that doesn't seem to be normal for you, may be normal for other people.
    The word "normal" is totally subjective.
    And yeah It is normal to me.

• It isn't super common but it is still normal.

• NOPE.

• is homosexuality normal? is the sky blue? are you are you a troll? hell YES!