What is up with this clown thingy in the news and in the usa? Are you scared of clowns?

I live in Canada and 1 week ago there was this clown story, about how they lure children into the woods by offering money. I think it's totally messed up. In the US, there has been clown "spottings" in north & south Carolina and Florida. I seen some youtube vids and now its all over the US and it's kinda creepy. What do you guys think about this? I think it's people just trying to scare people. There has been vids were people hide in car washs or in fields and chase after people. I think 95% is to scare people but the other 5% is to cause harm.

Are you scared of clowns?


0|0
10|15

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

  • Clowns are terrifying. Some people have suggested it's a publicity stunt because they're remaking Stephen King's IT, due out next year.

    0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

      yeah i read about that, but i think it's dumb what they're doing

    • 2mo

      I completely agree, creepiness of clowns aside... even if its just a practical joke scenario, how long before someone decides to go all John Wayne Gacy on people?

    • 2mo

      yeah that's true, i think tis dumb all together

  • Not a big fan of clowns... actually stuffed / doll / toy clowns are a bit more of a thing for me than an actual live clown

    0|0
    0|0
  • 1. I'm not scared of clowns.
    2. If kids can be lured using money, then their parents need a hard wakeup slap

    0|0
    0|0
  • The only reason clowns are such a big deal is because of Stephen King's book, It. Am I right?
    America... run by the fucking media

    0|0
    0|0
  • Can't wait for Halloween lmao
    This clown shit is gonna go crazier

    0|0
    0|0
  • Oh no... Clowns don't kill me in my house in central minnesota (here are the directions...)

    0|1
    0|1
  • I'm not scared of clowns and it's just people copying other people what they see on the internet

    0|1
    0|0
  • Just people that have no life

    0|0
    0|0
  • IM GONNA BE IN MY HOUSE FOR THE TWO WEEKS AFTER Halloween

    0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

      If i was you age i would not go out lol. It would be hard to tell who is a good and bad clown

    • 1mo

      Well i have to go to school but I'm not doing anything for Halloween :D

What Guys Said 14

  • not scared of clowns

    i think it's more than people being scared of clowns. at least in philadelphia they are threatening violence in public schools. threatening to shoot students and teachers

    6abc.com/.../

    these are probably just trolls but they are making violent (some may say terroristic) threats.

    it's one thing just to make a joke out of the scary clown it's another really fucked up thing when you start threatening children

    0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

      yeah i agree. 90% i think are trolls but the other 10% are fucked.

  • Personally, I feel uncomfortable around clowns (after one hurt me trying to take a photo). So, I would never hire one.

    As to what I think is going in (there were two of this "sighting" in my town recently that made the local news). What I think is some group of people were sitting around drinking one night and said something like, "Hay, you know what would be really funny. If we dressed up as a clown and scare the crap out of people". Then they posted it to YouTube, or it made the news, or something else, etc. So then latter some other people, also sitting around drinking and said, "Hay, why don't we try it" (i. e. copycats)

    Personally, I don't think that most of these people have any more ill intent that to scare people (but I'm sure there is that one nut).

    0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

      yeah like 9/10 are prob ok. But that 10% do want to do harm sadly.

    • 2mo

      I would say it's more like 99/100 (99%) are ok, but there is going to be that one guy in a hundred...

  • I ain't scared of em. I shot a clown once and he died just like everybody else.

    0|0
    0|0
  • All im saying is that if i see a clown with any type of weapon he gonna fuck around and catch this fade media.giphy.com/media/4cz3D8Yhyzcg8/giphy.gif

    0|0
    0|0
  • Umm I would say that some are at night, and just walk up to people and scare them.

    I'm scared since most of these clowns look like they aren't friendly it's like the serial killing juggalos

    0|0
    0|0
  • -Some prankster dresses up as a clown to prank people, media collectively loses their shit because people are afraid of clowns.
    -More pranksters dress up as clowns in order to get their 15 minutes of fame.
    -Americans have guns.
    -Hilarity will ensue.

    0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

      yeah. I think 90% of it is just for fun and to scare people. Agreed with the pranksters and yeah these clown will get shot lol.

  • The same thing happened last year, and the year before that. It's all BS and internet pranks. People are just gullible.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It could actually very well be real, remember John Wayne Gacy

    0|1
    0|0
  • I think it is a prank of some kind. but yes some people are scared of clowns

    0|0
    0|0
  • I'm afraid of running into one. I wouldn't want to hurt one that is just playing around because then I'd look like a jerk.

    0|0
    0|0
  • It's a stupid trend about random people dressing as clowns to scare people. It's happened in my town too. I'm pretty sure it's inspired by prank videos

    0|0
    0|0
  • cross my path I'll Swiss chess you clown mother fuckers

    0|0
    0|0
  • Not scared of clowns but it is messed

    0|0
    0|0
  • im only scared of "it". nothing scarier than an evil clown. i hate oxymorons

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...