Do you believe in the Ouija Board?

I'm going to hold off my opinion simply because I want to see what everyone else thinks. Do you think it's hokum, or something that you can really use to contact the dead?

Have you used one before? What was your experience like?

What is your proof that it actually works, or doesn't work?

Most Helpful Guy

• Watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9R8l_q6YE

I used it before. And there was just nothing. The planchette didn't even move. I held on tightly just to make sure there are no tricks with the planchette.

It's a waste of money and time. If you are legit about believing that kind of thing then look for the closest medium, psychic or "paranormal" investigators locally near you instead and even then they're probably just a bunch of scam artists trying to capitalize on your belief in the paranormal, etc.

At least you'll be able to actually interact with somebody compared to a board that virtually doesn't really do anything that it is only marketed as what it would supposedly do. And then there's even further marketing hype and misinformation spread about the board in various forms of media and horror movies. They do this to get to people psychologically, thinking that the board may actually work the way they are portrayed in various works of fiction.

But this is only my experience, others may have different experiences.

I completely agree with you on this one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your messing with witchcraft and demons. They curse your home, and your generation of offspring because your making a pact with them. Leave it alone. You want to know why people end up dead, financially cursed where they can't get jobs, get severely sick, etc? Because they messed with things they shouldn't. Or a family member, so-called friends, coworkers etc had placed that curse knowingly and unknowingly. Its not that they don't work. Its when spirits see that you decide to open 'doors' to them. And those spirits are demons. People's souls goes to either two places: Heaven or Hell. There is no middle ground. Judgement happens right after death. It is not a joke. I know of a person who did use it, and it was demons that knew everything about my friends and I at the time. Not good. And no I was not around, in fact I never knew this was going on until a friend told me at school. But if you want to play games, trust me, THEY will play games with you. Remember this term: You play with fire, your going to get burned. No laughing matter. What you see in movies is somewhat real and true. But its not like how you see it. For you to ask this question before doing anything, I take it you have some kind of doubt or fear. Listen to your gut and get rid of it/don't buy it.

Interesting response. No I don't have a board, no I do not have doubt or fear. I don't believe in heaven or hell, spirits or demons. I'm just interested in hearing other people's beliefs and what drives them to believe. The human brain is a powerful thing. That's what I'm interested in.

And that's perfectly okay with me.

@Asker

First of all I am not passive aggressive. The issue that I'm explaining to you, which you act like you don't seem to really care is that people are explaining to you what is either going to happen, or what your curious about doing. It is your choice if you don't want to believe or not. Am I telling you to believe in it? No. But if you don't care, then why should I continue to care anymore if you choose to invite things, wither you mess with the Ouija Board or not, and open doors to more problems in your life? I told you this because I CARE what happens to people, even random strangers. But I refuse to blow a gasket, t because you want to look at it another way or a joke. I can respect ones opinions and not get offended. But where the line is drawn, is where I get deliberately accused of this because somebody doesn't want to listen. You say you want to learn about it, but your closed off. So what is a person supposed to do? I either continue caring or stop caring. Best Regards.

What Guys Said 13

• A student of mine once asked this very question.

I told him to conduct an experiment. I wrote down a question and told him to ask the Ouija board. The questions were three specific digits in certain decimal places of pi in base 12 arithmetic. It is *highly* unlikely that a 10 year old would have those numbers in pi memorized. The odds of him guessing any given digit would be 1 in 12. The odds of him correctly guessing all three by chance would be 1 in 1,728.

He came back the next day very disappointed. The planchet didn't even move.

This is great, lol.

• Don't mess with it, it's extremely evil and no good will come of it I promise you that. Your not going to be communicating with the spirits of dead people you knew the only thing that's going to be on the other end are demons and spirits, bad ones to.

and it doesn't matter if your believe in the spiritual world or not if you use that board bad things are gonna happen.

Just fair warning.

Superstition is a very interesting then to me. Hm. Thank you for your reply.

As I've said previously, I'm not here to dabble in bad things. I have no intention on using a board or upsetting the spirits. I'm here for your answers. It's that simple.

Very well.

• Do you believe in the Ouija Board?

If by "believe in" you mean I think it works, then no.

Do you think it's hokum, or something that you can really use to contact the dead?

Hokum.

Have you used one before?

No.

Dead people are dead. You can't contact them. Their consciousness no longer exists.

• I haven't used one before, but I still think they're bogus. I guess it'd be cool to use one, but I don't believe much in "spirits" or ghost wondering around in the living world.

• no I dont

• If you can contact them you can do it in other ways to. The board just opens the door. Other things could open the door too. The board is real for ones that have a link with the other realm, either one is after them or they are seeking one. For the rest its just a board game.

• Do you believe in rain? If something is real you don't have to ask people if they believe in it, it's obvious to everyone.

Rain is actually a tangible thing on this earth. Comparing spirits to rain is invalid. Unless you're talking about the board itself. In that case yes the board is a real thing. Lol

• Fake, they're interesting for sure and I love the stories and history that goes behind it. But I believe it's fake.

• I think it's completely bogus. People move the piece around the board on their own will.

• i don't miss with that
    dont want any neph spirits coming to bother me

• I wouldn't want to know I'm bitch made homie not my style...

• More believable than Charlie Charlie

What is Charlie Charlie?

Still want to test it just for shits and giggles you know

Go for it xD

• It's BS. If it really worked, you could use it by yourself. Someone always moves it, whether intentionally or not.

What Girls Said 12

• We have a friend who's a psychic and she made us promise *never* to use one. That' proof enough for me to stay away from them.

• I believe they can trigger spirits. I will never touch one, play with one, or have one inside my home. I'll pass.

• I use it to talk to Jesus.

• Yes I used to play a lot and some crazy things happened. Finally I decided never to touch it again.

What kind of crazy things?

When we asked for a sign, a jewellery box started playing music from across the room. The scariest was when the corner of my bed lifted up off the floor while I was sitting on it. My cat jumped off and left the room and stared back at the bed. I stopped after that.

Interesting

• nope i don't believe in it

• I'm not superstitious and I've never actually seen an Ouija board. I'd want to know more about it before forming an opinion

• I am not going to be playing with spirits and demons.

• I stay as far away from it as possible and I have no interest in involving myself with it

• Yeah I do

• You might think it's bullshit, but it's really not. My uncle who at the time was 23 was messing with some pretty messed up things; one of them being a ouija board and I swear for all that is holly two months later my aunt walked into his room at night and he was in the ceiling just looking down laughing. It took about 4-6 visits from professional help to get him back to his way of being.

Was it your uncle or aunt who told you this story? Were they very serious people?

My aunt, who passed away earlier this year. Both of them are extremely serious people.

Oh wow, thank you for sharing. Quite an interesting story!

• My friends dad has one. It did weird things and he couldn't get rid of it. I'm good. It wasn't the board game. It was a dark wood with the symbols burned in the board. Creepy

• It's really not a smart idea to use a Ouija Board. Dark spirits use them to manipulate the emotions of someone and they also use them as a portal to be invited into your home. You're not actually contacting the dead: you're contacting a very old spirit who's been around long enough to simply have witnessed things that happened when the dead was alive. If you want a quick scare, a Ouija Board is the worst way to get one.

What if someone doesn't believe in the spirit world?

You don't think you're being arrogant but dismissing an entire reality that countless amounts of human beings have experienced for themselves is an act of intellectual arrogance by default.

I'm also not fighting your beliefs. You specifically asked me "What if someone doesn't believe in the spirit world?" and I answered. If anything, you started a conversation with a fighting tone by saying, "makes for really great stories. But that's all they are, stories (in my opinion)."

I literally just said I understand both sides of the argument. I am not dismissing that people think that is real. Much like your point, you are dismissing the people who do not think it exists. To use your words "countless amounts of human beings have 'not' experienced 'it' for themselves" applies to the non-believers. How are you not arrogant in dismissing them and what they believe in? This problem comes full circle I suppose.

And sweetie, if i asked a a question in a "fighting tone" it would sound more like this "Why are you being so dumb? They obviously don't exist, so how do you explain that?"

You can't tell tone over text. It was a sincere question to spark your opinion on it because I was genuinely interested in your thoughts. In your answer you started hating on things. You need to take it easy, girl.

P. S.: You calling me arrogant for not believing IS fighting my beliefs and forcing your beliefs on others.