Is turkey a safe country?

I like this country and I wanna live there but is it safe?

Most Helpful Girl

• Reconsider. There has been a lot of Problems in Terrorism over there lately.
    I won't even go Back to a Husband out in Egypt as of now.
    However, if you are a Muslim, and Maybe you are Here, dear, you probably Would Fit in Okay.
    Good luck. xx

Yeah I am a Muslim but I can't live in my country since its going like this , and most westerns countries are racist towards us
      So I've been thinking about albania , Turkey and Canada , what do you think I still haven't decided yet
      And I am an accountant if thay helps

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence, and as of last week, ADD India now somehow. xxx

lol!! "Bucket List?" Dump it. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Some trucks drive really fast on small roads.
    I once lost my way in Anatolia and stumbled upon a poppy field guarded by armed men. I went away discreetly.
    One evening in Izmir a teen boy stole my glasses from my nose and asked $20 .
    He got two fingers in his plexus. end of story.

That's long ago, since then there's the PKK , there's Daesh and cops hunting these.

What Girls Said 2

• It is a very beautiful place to visit but I wouldn't live there

• It's on my bucket list either way 😛

What Guys Said 14

• Lmao first of all where are u from? And to be honest, its not that safe right now actually it wasn't totally safe ever cause of PKK terrorism but now its worse. A lot of DAESH terrorists got into my country and they exploded theirselves, caused a lot of people die. PKK also does similar things, some of their militan exploded himself in the bus station and caused 50 people die.

So.. just don't lol, and I am not thinking about going anywhere tho since its my homeland.

Well I am from Yemen

• No, It's not. People are very nationalist and agressive there, they always staring at tourists and if you're traveling from the european countries or USA they'll see you as a threat.

Have you ever been to turkey?

Yes, many times.

@LEIGHX How do u got all of these for godsake bruh? Yeah people in Turkiye are very nationalist, its like if u say anything to the country or especially try to do something to our national flag, they will kill u or the person who tries that with no doubt :D ( It happend before )

But there isn't something aggressive against tourists lol. We are world's 6th most visited country on earth so how people are still visiting Türkiye if our civilians see Europeans/Americans as threat? We couldn't be that much good in tourism if we were racists.

• Nice place for Muslims. Wish we could send Hillary Clinton to live there.

• Ask this person. I do not know enough about the country personally.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...key_supersaturated.jpg

• Strafing your own citizens in the capital city with a 30mm cannon is not what i'd call safe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5CucPwOTHw

Too bad everyone blames whole Turkish Military cause of this coup attempt lol. Turkish Armed Forces have like 391.695 active personels and do you know how many soldiers only rebelled? It was 2000 and they had 2 F16s also 4 tanks. It wasn't whole militarie's betrayal lol.

• No, it's not.

• Not if you are a christian
    It was probably safer a few years ago, that part of thee world is having a lot of pressure
    Turkey is in between Europe, russia and the middle east.
    Very tense situations by its borders

It has nothing to do with being Christian or not 😅

Who told you they get harassed lol? 😅 They have millions of Christian tourists every year. None of my Christian friends who went to Turkey for the HSchool trip told me they were harassed lol..

@ElissaDido I am talking about the christians who live in southern Turkey year round. It is one thing to be a tourist and another to live there.
      Turkey has not been as stable after the failed coup a few months ago. Everyone in Turkey is at risk. But especially christians because they are an ethnic minority.

• Not till it reached 165 °F 😉

• Two of my friends got harassed there so I don't know about this... they were women though

• Not until Christendom launches a Reconquista of Anatolia.

• Yeah it is safe. I do live without burning alive as an atheist noone really gives a kite. I don't provoke them too xD.

• are you a Turk i guess...

• as a jew, i wouldn't go there

• Yes, it is.