Do you believe honesty is the best policy?

Do you believe honesty is the best policy??

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I have one rule in all my relationships. Tell me the truth. I don't care if you screwed the neighbor or made out with my best friend just tell me the truth. I have never broken up with anyone for telling the truth but lying I will kick your ass out faster than you can blink

I agree on just telling me the truth and lol to the last thing you said

Agreed. Tried to convince my ex of honesty it was litterally impossible for her to be honest. I asked her a question she says no, I told her I read her texts she admits to what I said. If you want honesty get proof first. But to be yes its best policy as it relates to relationships everyting would go smoother and even if it causes arguments ur partner eill trustcls your words cause thet see your not afraid to admit the shit you do.

@Lonerguy1234 I hear you my ex would lie about what she had for breakfast for no reason other than she was a compulsive liar

Most Helpful Girl

• Believe it or not, no. Not all of the time.

I've said this before: there is such thing as courtesy lying - AKA telling small lies to avoid hurt feelings, arguments, etc. I would LOVE to be honest and tell my boss that he's an asshole when he asks me how I think he does as a team leader, but I can't do that, can I?

SO, I lie, and say he's great but there's always room for improvement.

What Guys Said 32

• Yes, honesty is still the best policy (conditionally)
    We should become the 'Honest Man' not 'Too Honest Man'. Difference? White lies! Positive Progress saving lies aren't lies, it's your own Wittiness.
    The 'Honest Man' will be honest about his credentials & won't disclose whatever is not asked. The 'Too Honest' man is seen more as a threat because he might (unintentionally) disclose information that could jeopardize his career. There are MANY secrets our enemies would love to obtain.

Some important points for being 'Modern Honest Person' :-
    -Benevolence trumps honesty
    -Be compassionate. Honesty without compassion is cruelty.
    -Don't overdo it.
    -Be humane & generous
    -Make sure the truth is the truth. Recognize that the "truth" is often subjective. Each of us sees "facts" through a haze of beliefs, attitudes and experiences. No single test can judge the worth or potential of another human being.
    -If you cannot afford to be screwed for being 'Too Honest' why not keep quiet or change the subject of the situation.

"Honest is the best policy" <- We know the truth.

• If people aren't honest with each other, then how are they suppose to trust each other?

People will always keep secrets no matter what, unfortunately. But if secrets are so important and you cannot trust the other person no matter what then it's better to be honest about it and leave or split up. No point of lying to each other and going behind each others backs hoping the other person will never find out about what you had done that is wrong or that you know is wrong.

It's also important in jobs, if you aren't honest and they found out later you lacked certain credentials and that you had intentionally deceived them with falsified documents for diplomas or certifications, then you will become terminated.

• I'm not smart enough to keep multiple story lines afloat, so I mean what I say, say what I mean, and keep my yap shut until I've decided what should come out.

• For long term solutions honsty is always best.
    For short term solutions, a small lie won't hurt.

• Honesty is important, but telling the absolute truth 100% of the time doesn't serve any of us.

It's more important to be honest with the important stuff and... color the truth when necessary.

• Honesty is the best policy if you don't expect to win billions but just esteem.

• Yes I believe so

• No but coming out with whoppers isn't either , I tried going on a dating site years ago i never got any interest but the only replies I did get from women were to tell me I had been TOO honest and that listing all my bad points made it look like I had too much bad baggage (I don't) . The advice was not to reveal everything immediately. More experienced viewers of this post will know whether that's good or bad advice.

• Yeah, even though it's tough sometimes, it's better than trying to keep a lie going.

• yes, no time for caring about feelings. if we need to be objective then we need to be honest. i will be straight to the point but i do understand that we sometimes need to explain things diplomatically. i have learned that the hard way...

• Yes, no matter how bad something is i rather live the truth instead of live a lie.
    So yes honesty is the best policy

• sometimes yes, but also letting someone live in ignorance is sometimes better. Very situational. Ignorance is bliss vs honesty.

• Depends on context.

• It's by no means the best policy, but should be told and shown anyway..

• Yea right. Considering everyone is out to get you. I think not

• Yes i believe honesty is the best policy.

• As far as love, at least.

• Constructive Honesty, yes.
    Lamme, non fundamented, random honesty, not.

• I don't know
    For me
    Everything depends on the situation :P

• No, there are some things some people shoudn't know.

• Yep. Don't lie to me or spare my feelings. Just tell me the truth.

• No, because it makes people hate u. Trust me, I used to speak my mind, people hated it.

• Always.

• Smartness is the best policy!

• Yes because once you start with a lie you have to lie more for coverups.

• No way

• No not around women.

• once you say the first lie, you will continue to lie. honesty is always the best policy

• absolutely not. sometimes its best if your partner doesn't hear about something.
    everyone is different and we all have different things that tick us off. some things are best kept quiet

• Where's maybe, if there's any way something negative will come back to you then no

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, because it can cause future complications if you're not honest. Plus, I'd rather be honest than earn the reputation as a liar

• Yes honesty is the best policy.
    As long as you think about what you say. Like, you don't go around being a dick just because "it's the truth".

• yes it saves us from a lot of trouble

• Yes. But I've met plenty of people who don't.

• Sure is

• Not always, honesty with tact is the best policy.

• Honesty normally is best unless you have to lie to protect someone (feelings )

• Yep.

• Yes it is