So whats moving out like?

Im looking to move out of my parental home, things are not looking good.

So whats moving out like?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's absolutely amazing. Yeah it's tough finding as house/somewhere to rent to begin with, yeah it's expensive, yeah bills might seem daunting, you have to cook yourself, do your own laundry etc etc..

But you get into a routine of things. Bills need to get paid and once you're used to it then it's second nature. Going food shopping can be a pain but again, you need to delegate time to it. Budgeting is also important.

But the freedom is fantastic!!! You can go out and not have to tell anyone where you're going, you can cook your mealtimes for yourself at anytime, clean the house at a time which suits you etc etc.

I've been moved out since I was 18 and it's fab. I still love my parents and go to visit them often, but there isn't a strain on our relationship anymore. We don't get under each other's feet :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Scary, stress, broke for a while, gotta budget now holy shit, suddenly I'm tired all of the time, yeah boss I'll work those extra hours, man I gotta clean all by myself? Shit I'm sick, welp, can't call in, need the money and gotta be responsible!

... Kinda like dat.

• Took me a few years to get good at it.

At the beginning I struggled to balance all the chores, social life and budgeting.

I messed up a couple times and the loneliness made me go out all the time even though I had laundry/tidying up to do. I was so unorganized and my health actually declined because I was spending money in the wrong places - leaving little for food (noodles and mayo was a staple dish).

So make sure you take care of yourself as a priority and don't go crazy with all the freedom.
    A warm safe home and healthy diet is so important and more rewarding.

• I moved out at 18, in another city. Things are... difficult at first. Every single responsibility comes crashing down on you and you are all by yourself. The stress, the loneliness. Having a budget, paying a rent.
    But I wouldn't change my decision if I could. Living alone is great and I gained some maturity I wouldn't have if I wasn't alone.

• pretty much the best decision you could ever make besides higher education but be responsible, pay your bills and keep the place nice. It'll reward you greatly

• Much better

• It's fun and exciting in some ways. It can be stressful in others. Overall, it's not too bad. :)

• Depressing and lonely. Especially if you have a job and go to college.

just like living at my parents place then. but at least i will have some more freedom.

• What is it like? Stress and financial wows. Its a lot of work but worth it for the freedoms.

• It's different and tbh at times I miss my parents

• Do whatever would make you the happiest

• you have to do your own thing

you sound just like my mom lol.

lol this is scary because i call my mom mama. but i guess you are not my mom because she is 45.

haha too funny

What Guys Said 8

• Think of everything they do for you and the house. Now you need to do it all. (Clean toilets, wash dishes, cook, vacuum, sweep, laundry etc etc etc)

the reason why i want to move out is because how they do it.

lol you got me at "will probably be just like them" if i smoke and drink myself to death il be sure to come and tell you that you are right, i became like them.

I mean sanitation wise not health wise. And good for you for identifying a non health atmosphere and taking steps to get out. Don't even know you and Im proud of you for that

• I moved out when I was 17. It was a kick! All those problems... confined to max 1 day per week! And new friends. Of course, you'll learn how much money you'll need...

• Awesome though I've had some stressful times where I've lost jobs and worried about eventually having to move back with the parents. Which I learned a valuable lesson, save a lot of money and get on unemployment if you can in events like these.

• My mother didn't want me to move out, so I had to do it secretly.

wow seriously? my mom is kind of the same. she hates on me for living there and as soon as i undertake steps to move out she gets scared and tried to stop me. once i asked information about a government program to get a house of the govt and my mom went insane just because i asked for the information.

when I tried to the first time, she stole my keys for the new apartment

wow man thats over the top.

• It's quite freeing.

• I'm living on campus, it's amazing, I love not having to answer to my parents

• It's fine as long as you have a decent paying job. But it's stressful if you lose the job.

• Expensive and doing things you never did before