Any tips with contacts?

I'm about to get contacts in a few days. I was just wondering how u put them on and off? Cuz A friend told me it took her like half an hour to put ONE on 😂 I don't know how bad it is but I rather not wear glasses cuz ehhhhhhhhh

Any tips ahead of time? Cuz it seems hard and annoying lol

Most Helpful Girl

• wash your hands and make sure you don't wear mascara before you put them on lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The first few times do take a while. After that, you can pop them both in very quickly. You just have to get used to putting something on your eyes.

I usually put mine on my middle finger and hold the bottom lid with my lid with my pointer finger and hold the top with other hand. When taking them out, do a slight swipe towards your nose.

How does taking it out that way work? Because I was told you have to pinch it in order to take it out

Oh last question lol... is it annoying when ur actually wearing them?

Not usually, but sometimes your eyes get sore and they become bothersome. If the contact develops a split in it, that will be aggravating. And obviously don't sleep with them. They get dry and stick to your eyes.

What Girls Said 7

• I wear them everyday and trust me, once you so it a few times, you'll always be able to.
    I do it differently than most people though. Most people hold their bottom lid and top lid apart so that your eye is wide open, then look away and place the lense on your eye, then let your eye lids go and blink a few times to get used to it.
    I do it pretty much the same however I look straight ahead in the mirror, it doesn't make me flinch but I guess to other people it may. Then I move my eye around while still holding my eye open to get rid of any air bubbles in the lense. And just let go and blink as before.
    by the way, a few tears may leak out when you blink but that's very normal.
    To take them out, just hold your eye opens again and slide the lense towards the inner part of your eye so that it bunches up and you can just pick it out.
    Hope this helped, sorry it's long 😂

• You just need practice that's all

• Hold your eye wide open make sure they are not inside out and line it up best you can😂 why do you need them?

• I wear glasses sometimes, but I don't wear contacts, so I asked my boyfriend; "Don't stab yourself in the eye"

• I just started wearing contacts about a month ago and I can completely relate to your friend. It took me half an hr to get them in the first day. Gradually I got a little faster at it. Now it takes 1-2 min to get them in. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it.

• I've never had contacts and I don't need glasses but I would just say, start poking your eyeball so you can get use to it for when you have to put the contacts in :P XD

But it'll hurt lol

Then touch it lightly. lol
      You need your eye to get use to your finger being really close to it so it won't twitch when you put the contacts in.
      That was my problem when I started wearing makeup XD

• I used to wear them but I hated it so I can't help you

What Guys Said 0