Is there a name if you fear a race?

I feel good dating guys from different places (ex: French guys) but there are two groups I'm leery and fear the most:
- Middle East men
- Black men

I don't mind being an acquaintance or occasional friend but would never try a relationship with them no matter how much attraction I might feel for him.

This is different than racism. My issue is I have fear towards them. I feel safer with white, latino, Asian or European men. Anything but those 2 groups.

2mo I imagine that if I were in a relationship with one of those 2, maybe a misunderstanding can happen and he can hurt me badly. They tend to have a reputation of being violent towards women and kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your fear is completely rational. It's called xenophobia, which doesn't necessarily mean they are not from the same country as you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao I don't know but I guess just racist? My grandma is scared I would marry a White, black or Asian man. And yeah I admit it's racist of her but I still love her❤️

What Guys Said 8

• xenophobic is the term for fear of others.

• So why do you fear black guys? Or have you been watching too much Boyz N the HOod?

Also, you're telling me you never hear of other races hitting their women? Please. The media is doing it's job of fanning the flames of "racial" segregation. I put quotations around "racial" because, for one, there is no different races. But media and human fear/control creates this generalization of a certain culture/colour of person and then puts a stereotype to this culture which in turn, creates an imagined "difference" between cultures and thus creating "race". Then this propaganda groups them all into a negative light so as to propagate fear of "them" or hatred of "them". It happens all the time in history if one group wants to own or control or destroy another group. They find something they can show as a similarity and a negative and then hype it up and attach it only to that group. Really? Because I was born with darker skin, I'm a woman beater and very violent. Here let me educate you on why a man is an abuser.

... but it should, at least, show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover or colour or cultural background.
      www.ranker.com/.../celebrity-lists

Get your head out of your ass, put down the Enquirer, change the channel off of CNN or Fox and start either talking to guys of different colour in your neighbourhood and really understanding who and what they are about. Or even get out of this country (or even out of your city/state) and start traveling. Living in fear shelters you and constricts you on how the real world works.

• You seem to be suffering of Arabophobia and Blackophobia.

• Intelligent.

• Anybody from any race can be abusive and violent towards women though.

• It's called a preference

• yeah it's called racial discrimination / prejudice.

My issue isn't about which race is superior nor hatred towards them. Nope. Just that I don't want to end up being in an abusive relationship and hurt badly.
      I added an update.

you're still prejudiced. You automatically assume they are more dangerous because of their race.

• I think that's called Xenophobia or something.

Yeah, I think that's the more accurate term.

What Girls Said 7

• The word you're looking for is "racist" OP.

• You are racist.

I updated my major reason why. I don't want to end up getting hurt badly. I've never been in an abusive relationship ever and they tend to get violent the most.

• It's called Xenophobia T_T

• Racist.

• Sigh. Not all arabs and black are heartless savages. Ignorance is what I fear the most.

• Blackmanphobia
    Middleeastmanphobia

• 3 races I feel comfortable around are Arabs, black (I'm black), and Latinos. I'm cool with Asians because I grew up around 3/4.

White dudes scare me... Like American whites. European guys are cool.