They say that if he doesn't make an effort to contact you he isn't interested but does this apply to shyer guys?

I will admit that there have been guys that I have been really interested in but was too shy to text/call first. I've been told that if a guy doesn't contact you that he obviously interested but could he just be nervous like me? I know we live in a society where guys are expected to always initiate contact so does this mean even the shyer guys always just initiate first no matter what or can their shyness stop them also?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there are times where a guy doesn't want to contact because he believes the girl isn't interested and wants to save face. It's to think that a girl is interested, but it can be misinterpreted. I know girls go through the same thing though. I think in your case, you should reach out.

You're probably right even though I'm nervous to initiate just because I'm afraid of the worst. It's been a month and the last time we were together I was getting a vibe that he was interested but Im afraid it could all just be in my head.

But here's the thing.. if you feel he's worth it then try. Worst case scenario is he says no. Hey, it might give you a perspective on what guys go through lol. I believe you should give it a try and no matter the outcome you will become smarter and stronger.

Most Helpful Girl

• The shyness is a barrier for people , which means that when they develop a crush. You have to read their body language and sadly, you might also have to take him by the hand and do all of the initiating for them until he feels more comfortable in your presence. They don't get very far with me because I refuse to take them by the hand. Take it from someone who used to be shy, none of my crushes e er helped me out. Its how I learned, to talk to people that I was interested in.

I feel like an reading about me when I read this comment..😂

I know😔

• 28d

Thanks for mho

What Guys Said 4

• There have been countless questions in here about guys who refrain from contacting a girl, and then live miserably thinking of what could have been, or what should they do to repair it..

From the questions in here, that happens a lot.

• No it's not true. Women often choose to believe that but it's not true at all. If you like a guy, don't be afraid to make the first move. More women need to do this I feel. There would be a lot more happy and successful relationships in my opinion.

• Absolutely a guy can be just a shy as a girl

• their shyness can stop them. also when a girl does never initiate contact with me i think she doesn't want to talk to me so i dont initiate contact either.

What Girls Said 1

• honestly shy or not- the guys that are slow will lose
    they will also finish last