Do you get easily attached?

I get extremely attached and find it very difficult to move on when something or someone is no longer apart of my daily routine. I lost my dog a few weeks ago, and it still makes me sad that she's not around. I miss her a lot and now that I'm getting a new dog soon, I almost feel guilty.

• Yes, very easily
  • No, never really
  • Other, explain

Most Helpful Guy

• No for the most part but sometimes it's inevitable depending on the person.

Most recently I was attached to this women who I had a ton in common with and was knockout gorgeous. Not to put her on a pedestal but it was refreshing to meet someone like her. I controlled how I acted towards her but sadly she was on the rebound, used me, and led me on only to ditch me after we had sex.

It made it tough because we bonded over our interests and had some amazing dates and times together only for it to end that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your pet.

Pets become part of the family , so it's natural to feel sad and miss them being around. It's like losing a family member.

When someone has been part of your daily life it's inevitable you'll feel a sense of loss. It can take time to adapt to the change. Plus, you have to face the daunting thought of a future without them. When you've built your future around someone being part of it , you then have to start again, and build a future without them. It's not easy to do , but people have no choice but to be strong and keep moving forward in their lives

What Guys Said 18

• no. so if it happens, shits real.

• No, I don't.

• I know what you are saying but getting a new dog and loving it doesn't make you love old dog less. When parents have more than one child, do they love first child any less

• Well being attached to your dog is normal lol, so don't beat yourself up for that. Being attached to someone you only knew for a week, that's an example of something not too good lol.

• Yes I sure do

• Nope. Slow is for me.

As a side note, I told a gal in college that she "gets too emotionally attached too fast." Apparently that means that I called her a slut (not my intention at all. DAFAQ

• Naw, not really.

• I put other but Ok yes I do when dogs are involved.

• I get attached to video games easily

• Depends on the girl.

• Some time. Things you see everyday was gone all the sudden.

• “The Mediator” (INFP-T)

• Nah with other girls I've never been attached or even remotely cared for them tbh but with the girl I'm with I just got so easily attached it's new to me and strange

• yeah its why I never had a relationship

• No, never really

• Yes it's why I try to avoid relationships

Girls don't like clingy guys

• I get attached to girls so easily. I may have 1 night stands and get attached and feel sad for never meeting the girls again or if they won't ever text me back... I am a very nice person who cares for others

• Yeah I used to, now I'm not as bad since I've been through so much

What Girls Said 13

• yeah, its been a problem at times

• I'm so sorry for your loss😔 I don't know how it feels, but I was really close to feeling like that too when my dog got into a brutal car accident a couple weeks ago. He's like my best friend ever since I was 12. I am extremely lucky to still have him and treasure every moment I have with him now. And yes, I do form attachments easily to the people or animals that are close to me. When its part of my daily life, its hard to let go sometimes:/

• Depends on the situation and the person/animal.

• Yes, I get attached really fast and really strongly.
    But I'm also terrified of commitment.
    Which makes me one of the worst people ever.

• If I am comfortable around the person and have a good time I can get easily attached

• yeah, i do.

• I get attached really easily and far too quickly

• Meh... it really depends on the person for me.

• Attachment isn't healthy, but it's so hard sometimes😬

• I get attached easily then forget them easily too

• I think that it takes a little bit for me to get attached. I think I'm careful with my emotions and open myself up gradually. I've been hurt enough in my life that I'm not going to lay myself emotionally bare as soon as I start seeing someone. But after a few months, I will. As I do, I become more attached. I think this is one of the most beautiful parts of relationships. They see your past/insecurities/all your not-so-great shit, but choose to accept you anyway. But, when I do get attached, I am REALLY attached. It is immensely hard to let someone go when you've fully opened yourself to them (both physically and emotionally).

• im attached all the time
    its so hard i have to hide my attachment to my bf's brother

• Honestly, it takes a very special person to catch my attention and make me fall for him, and it doesn't happen. It's very rare. So when it does happen, I do get very attached very quickly.