When does a prank go too far?

On YT, there are tons of prank videos, and like probably everyone, I've seen my fair share. Most of them are funny and harmless like putting post it notes all over someones car, or one really good one was an office manager who dry walled over the hallway entrance to his employees office, so they were left very very puzzled...

... however, I've seen fake fires, fake wedding proposals, fake pregnancy announcements, fake car accidents, people fake throwing their kids off of railings, etc.

Is there a point at which a prank is not really a prank, but someone really stepping over the line to cruelty or do you feel that because no one supposedly gets hurt or these things aren't real, all is fair? Have you been part of a prank you thought went too far?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's anything that would be an abuse of emergency services or anything like what you listed off, that would be going to far. If it would result in someone getting hurt, arrested, or killed or if it carries that possibility, it should be rethought.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• When one or more people get hurt then a prank has gone too far. When one or the other involved in the prank has been abused, humiliated, and the prank goes beyond the point of mere fun and games, to having serious lifestyle, life-changing, consequences. It is no longer a prank and becomes an assault; not just on the person themselves, but on their reputation and their standing in the community or society as a whole. Pranks can be a lot of fun if done with boundaries. It should be good fun, not used to hurt someone physically, emotionally, or mentally. Again, when the activity breaks one of these common sense rules, then it is no longer a prank and the event has been taken too far. That's my bottom line.

0|0
    0|0
  • Q: "When does a prank go too far?"
    A: When he wins the GOP nomination for President.

1|1
    0|0
  • yeah the job market is rough for young people so every idiot has a youtube production company in his mom's basement now

0|1
    0|0
  • When some asshole decides to put a screamer at the end of a seemingly harmless vid. Some heart attack-prone granny may be watching.

0|0
    0|0
  • When someone cries or gets badly hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have to say "It's just a prank, bro!"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• When the prankee won't laugh about later on.

0|0
    0|0