What's your favourite quote?

“Life is the art of being well deceived;and in order that the deception may succeed it must be habitual and uninterrupted.” - William HazlittWhat's your favourite quote??

Most Helpful Guy

• "An unexamined life is not worth living."
    Socrates
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
    Socrates
    "I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
    Socrates
    "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
    Confucius
    "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    Confucius

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• "You're a lion in a field of lions. All chasing the same elusive prey."
    from dis video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPLxQD4akQ

Also

"It all work out in the long run"
    -my personal mantra

Watching that video makes me regret about the amount of times I tend to procrastinate dammit._. the last quote is brilliant 👌

Absolutely. So great!

• Goes hand in hand with "War is deception." So, mix the two together and "Life is war."

My favorite quote. I've got several. Gah. I can't find it. Oh well. Here's my second one.

"A charmed life is so rare that for every one such life there are millions of wretched lives. Some know that their baby will be among the unfortunate. Nobody knows, however, that their baby will be one of the allegedly lucky few. Great suffering could await any person that is brought into existence. Even the most privileged people could give birth to a child that will suffer unbearably, be raped, assaulted, or be murdered brutally. The optimist surely bears the burden of justifying this procreational Russian roulette. Given that there are no real advantages over never existing for those who are brought into existence, it is hard to see how the significant risk of serious harm could be justified. If we count not only the unusually severe harms that anybody could endure, but also the quite routine ones of ordinary human life, then we find that matters are still worse for cheery procreators. It shows that they play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun—aimed, of course, not at their own heads, but at those of their future offspring." --David Benetar

Well. Pretty much anything from Zizek. Almost anything. And also literally anything from Oscar Wilde. Both of them have non-conventional ideas.

• I think there is another question with the exactly same title

Really? where? oddly enough I should have checked 😐

Thanks for reading, young lady. I appreciate the effort you took.

It's my pleasure, sir xD

• Friendship is like peeing yourself. Yeah, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings

• Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results-Albert Einstein

• "... some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

• i have lots of fav quote and one of them is

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQIBvcAUcAAEP3L.png

• ' Life is full of Vultures and never rely on them to be kind...'

• 1|0
  • "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!" Reverend John Harper's last words while he was dying quoting Acts 16:31 and he saved a soul with his words.

• I have many quotes and can't really tell which one is the best, but I would write this one here:
    "Veni, Vedi, Vici!" because I never give up I start something and I always do it win

I don't know what those words are suppose to mean, but hey it sounds interesting😅

The word means "I came, I saw, I conquered/won" and are said by the mightiest Empreror of all times, the roman emperor Julius Caesar. Veni, Vedi, Vici is in latin ;)

• "People die if they are killed"

Very emotional and strong quote

• "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• To be honest..."Do or do not there is no try" - Yoda... just kidding (But I love that quote) its "What is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature with great effort"?

• I know so many quotes I can't even remember them

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3