Am I being stubborn :/?

Ok, so some people on here think I am being stubborn, because I don't want to get married. It is not I don't want to, it is just that is not an official decision, and I have my reasons.
And besides, I am only turning 15 this year. It is not like I am 21, and marriage should be a priority or something. I am just enjoy my teen years, and I am not think about "marriage". I am to young anyway.
So then how is that being stubborn? And why do they keep says I will change my mind? What if I never change my mind? :/

2mo Even my parents think I will change my mind. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• At 14, you may think that you never want to have children and you never want to be married. When you were 7-8 years old, you probably said that you would never kiss a boy. At one time, you had never eaten pizza. Life brings things that you don't anticipate and that is what keeps it interesting.

So, as you grow older, your interests will change, but. . . you are right. There is absolutely no need for you to make such decisions now. Enjoy your life, have fun, and if anyone keeps pestering you, tell them to go talk to @OlderAndWiser!

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not stubborn, girl. I am in the same boat, actually. I don't want to get married because of personal reasons yet people around me convince me to change for my "future happiness."

Conviction and certainty should not be mistaken for stubborn behavior and mindset. You are very much certain about your preferences in life (which I find really excellent in terms of making decisions for one's self in accordance to interest and capabilities.)

Those people better not meddle with your choices for you are the master of your own domain. 😊

What Guys Said 11

• You aren't stubborn, you are simply part of a generation which will grow up and realize that marriage is an outdated institution. It's not necessary anymore. People need to spend that $20k on setting up their future, not on a fucking wedding. These days you can't afford to waste money like that. And divorces cost money that we can't afford, it's just silly all around but it's so programmed in us that we have to get married to show our true love which is bullshit.

• We have ALL made declarations about ourselves at age 14, and ended up changing our minds later.

If your mind changes, so be it. If your mindset stays the same, then it is what it is.

The strange thing, is if you get all angry and defensive about people giving u wisdom, about how ppl's mentalities change and evolve over time.

• Damn 😕 you'll probably change your mind as you get older quite a few times but your only a kid. Why is everyone harping on you about this?

• Don't worry about marriage. But know that the person you are at 21 will have little resemblance to the you of today.
    When I was your age I was a fanatic who believed the only way to honor was to die for the USA... that's long gone

• No, you're not being stubborn at all. Marriage honesty shouldn't be a priority no matter what age.

• Just let them think that. You get married if you want to :). Nobody can take that away from you.

• That's not stubborn.

• Okay , tell me at what age you may want to get married?

• marraige is good joygirl :p :p :p
    srsl never say never

• would you like to know what real marriage is?

I am pretty sure I know what it is, but you can tell me anyway.

its you
      your partner
      and a 3rd witness

no ring
      no dress
      no suit
      no ceremony
      no marriage license

GOD made everything so easy people over complicate it

True, true.

• not really its ur life ur decisions f am

What Girls Said 8

• It's not stubborn at all. That's your choice and people should respect it.

You're parents assume you'll change your mind, because as people get older their feelings change and outlook changes. So when you're in your 20's you may feel differently , but... you may not. Only time will tell, but for now you can't see yourself ever getting married. So that's your preference. It's not wrong or stubborn. We all have our own preferences for reasons know only to ourselves

• Sometimes that changes when you feel like you meet the one. You still have some years ahead of you to decide on that; I don't know why you're stressing on it.

• Girl, don't let anyone tell you whats right for you, I'm the same, marriage at the moment isn't on my agenda and thats the way I want it to stay. Anyone who tells you that you have to do something isn't someone you should surround yourself with. I'm not saying marriage is a bad thing either, I just think it's a good mind set to concentrate on yourself and to learn who you are. And when the time comes you'll be able to make a decision.

• *Eye... roll* Just ignore those rude people. What is this? 1800's? if u don't get married soon the cow and candle sticks will go to waste? Psh, GTFO. You're Fifteen Enjoy Yourself!

• Marrying someone is probably the most important decision someone males it determines, kids, how your going to live, money so it changes your life and you also want to be sure... Its ok to not want to get married as long as you and the peraon you are in love with want to be together forever thats all u need, its just a ring and some paper use a haribo 😂

• The most annoying thing people say to me is 'you'll change your mind'
    Like if someone said yea I wanna get married no one would say you'll change your mind so why is ok to say it to me

• I don't think u shud b worrying about it... u still have lots of time to think about it--have u tried praying about if it really is bugging you?

Yes, I did pray actually. 😊

I know society seems to put huge pressure on not being single and having kids etc... some Christian girls I know have fallen -being their love for marriage out-weighed their love for God... they had to get married at any cost (and married a non-Christian)... don't let anyone get in between u and God,, the whole point of marriage anyways is to be stronger for God together.

Yes, true true. b

• don;t get married until you're very sure you want to