Germany, and many other countries (including countries that still have queens), have women in power. why not america?

yeah

Updates:
1mo haven't actually seen a good answer yet. nobody has actually answered them

1|0
2|13

Most Helpful Girl

• Not in a bad way or being offensive to Americans, I have American relatives. But i think Europe, some places not all, just progressed faster. Things like racism in the more progressed countries are very minor compared to USA. Of course Europe has their incidents too, but in majority of places in countries like England, Scotland, Germany etc, especially in the cities, race is no big deal.
    For example, mixing races and having mixed kids is not even a discussion, it just happens and nobody bats an eye lid, but there it's a huge topic of discussion for so many people, there are even websites and forums dedicated to discussing it and overcoming problems related to it. I'm mixed, and the worst comment I got was when I was like 5 and some kid mixed black and white paint to draw me but it turned grey so I was asked by a couple kids why I was brown and not grey haha. But there, a lot of mixed kids go through stuff because they're mixed. It's crazy. Here, being mixed doesn't make any real difference.
    And yes, racism exists everywhere, including amongst people in power, and whilst we have our racist police officers here they'd never really be able to do as much as they do there and get away with it. Some do, because obviously corruption exists, but it's nowhere near as bad as there.

Then things like religions here, every single religious person I know of is friends with all religions and atheists and it's no issue, but seems to be a huge talking point for Americans.

I think lots of things to do with everybody being seen the same is not as good as it could be in America. You've got all these women who hate men with a passion, and all these men who hate women. You've got all these races just not trusting each other as fellow Americans and mixing mostly with their own races only which further perpetuates the problem.

Well, discussion is where it starts. Right now all these equality issues are big topics there it seems, so really soon they'll probably all just be the same and having women in power will happen. In European places, it progressed in a very short space of time too in terms of equality, probably one generation. So won't really be long for everywhere else.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Any woman can come into power if she's a good leader and the people want her in power.

the thing is that women in general just are not interested in getting politics that much here the field itself does not interest them. And we've never had a woman politician good enough or that the people actually wanted to vote into office. When there have been better choices.

Our political system doesn't excluse women from getting ot positions of power.

Also if you look at those countries a lot of them aren't that well off and have a lot of issues.

And if you look closer at those countries that have queens in power you would see that they are little more then figureheads that hold no real or very little power over their people, politicians or country.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Germany does have a woman in power. But other European countries don't.
    Yes they are queens and princesses, but in reality they don't do anything.
    So, they are not really in power. Men are.
    I don't know why this doesn't happen in the US. Maybe it's because there are no kings or queens in the country.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• America does have women in power -_-
    Not the one with the most power, but still. And in Europe, only one country has a woman with the most power (and she's not that great of a role model xD).

America doesn't have a female president cause America has yet to have a woman worthy to be president. We'll probably have the first one (Hillary), who's not worthy, but there's not much to choose, and since her supporters are brainwashed, she will win.

0|0
    0|0
  • American does have women in power.
    Senators, congresswomen, governors, mayors, the list goes on. Just because we haven't had a woman President yet doesn't mean we don't have women in Power positions

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Germany has a parliament where a woman, who excels at social dynamics, could rise to the top. If simply given a choice by the public who they want to lead them, it's usually going to be a man.
    So, to answer your question: different system to install that top leader. Queens don't count bc they just outlast their husbands, India loves that ghandi name, and Brazil is stupid af.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait 3.5 months..,.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know, why do European countries have more political variety? The US has only two popular parties.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

becasue the third parties are usually more liberal conservative, and conservative liberal. they're just less extreme. people here want one extreme or the other

• 1mo

Strange that the US only has a two party system.

• 1mo

Actually that's true there are quite a few established political parties you just only hear about two of them.

• Germany has a woman in power, and she wants to replace the native population with syrians, somalis, and arabs. Why would we want that here?

And we in the USA do have about 100 women in congress.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to the south... ask 10 random guys that question. Their reactions will tell you all you need to know.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have had women in power, just not as president.

0|0
    0|0
  • Patriarchal society.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because were smart... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • that will change in shortly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Queen Elizabeth II is a ceremonial monarch and therefore yields next to no sovereignty over her subjects. If she was to exercise any power she could cause a constitutional crisis as Britain has an uncodified constitution.

The power lies with Westminster (well Brussels until Britain leaves the EU).

2|0
    0|0