Would you let spiders live in your home?

So I live in this apartment on the ground floor and bugs (aka mostly millipedes or aka as college-life perks) like to crawl in. Because of that, I let some spiders live as they please if they aren't on my bed and aren't poisonous.

Would you ever do the same? Or do you smush/remove all arachnids on site?

This is Jeff. He's a house spider that lives in the corner of my room. Barn Funnel Weaver I want to say. I can't remember. 😅

This is Pedro. He is a "Spitting Spider" if I am correct. He's maybe like an inch and a half. I saw him today when I went to take a shower. Gave me a bit of a startle because he crawled around the shower curtain when I was opening it.

• I let my spiders live.Would you let spiders live in your home?
  • I smush all my spiders immediately. No mercy.Would you let spiders live in your home?
  • Other / (I scoop all my spiders up and put them back outside.)
  • Did... Did you just assume the spider's gender?Would you let spiders live in your home?

Most Helpful Girl

• I try to put them back outside where possible. I am terrified of spiders though, usually I get my boyfriend to get rid of them.

As soon as its conker season, I'm collecting

what's that

If you really want to enjoy an English tradition - the game conkers. Attach a piece of string to two and then you take turns hitting as hard as possible. Whichever one breaks first is the loser. Next game you have to use the same conker etc until there is a winner

wow that sounds like an interesting game i'll have to try one day (*´꒳`*)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• are they paying rent?

• Yeah I let spiders live but we don't have many spiders whare I live so I have a big ass house centipede to kill me bugs

Which I won't lie the first time I saw her I tried to kill her

A big ass house centipede? Aren't those poisonous lol

No they aren't lol I only tried to kill her because I felt something on my arm I turned to look and she was on my arm and this bitch ain't little she was as long as it is from the tip of your index finger to the tip of your thumb

• Oh my god
    Ew randall
    Just eewww
    I smash all bugs except pretty butterflies

• The daddy long legs don't bother me so I let them make themselves at home and the other cute tiny spiders are also welcome. The bigger ones that seem ominous and crawl around on my bed or on me or just somewhere I'll kill em.

• I'll try to get rid of them.

• Yeah. They eat other nasty insects like centipedes and flies. Just as long as they aren't poisonous.

• I'm too afraid of spiders to let them live in my house, tho if I find one I usually just catch it in something and put it outside. I don't like to kill.

• i know that spiders used to eat houseflies which are good for our skin, but seeing them every time, i am having a creepy feeling.

• i can't sleep if there's on in the house.

• No when I see a spider I find all my strenght together too kill it

• If I know there's a spider in my house, it's not gonna live much longer

• Why the fuck would I do that?

• Everything is getting burned to the ground.

• No spiders need to go back to hell where they came from.

• Yes I would

• Squish on sight.

• I'm triggered fuk u provide me with a safe space

What Guys Said 12

• I eliminate them instantly: media.giphy.com/media/lF5bH6enH9F1m/giphy.gif

• I HATE insects. I usually either squash them or suck them upbwith a handheld vacuum.

Thankfully, I live in the northeast and don't really have to worry too much about them being poisonous, but they still creep me out regardless.

• >Be 17 yo dood
    >Chillin on bed
    >4AM
    >Watching vids
    >Arm gets tickled
    >Looks at arm
    >Big ass spider
    >Nope. jpg
    >Spider took room over and made it his house
    >Decided to man up
    >Went to Walmart and bought foggers
    >Drunk dood told me to stay white at checkout
    >Go home and bomb nope. dat
    >Sleep on couch
    >Mfw kingofnopes. dat was on couch
    >Mfw had no sleep that night

• It depends. Sometimes I kill them, other times I leave them be. If they're in my bed, I kill them.

• I do, for as long as possible in the house. They're good bugs, they're terminators. I usually have to kill Wolf Spiders,'cause the freak people out.
    I also let a few large, crazy Carolina arachnides spin webs on the Deck garden and pergolas. Took some incredible photos with my Canon DLR.

Ooh that sounds pretty neat

It was - is - a very cool photo. Moonlight night a 4 in or so blue a yellow spider glistening, and the angle/perspective was great, like a 3/4 facial full body you could see his eyes. One of my better Macro shots

• I kill them all, as soon as possible :P

cdn.smosh.com/.../killing-a-spider-freak-out.gif

• I spotted few huntman spider at my place , they are harmless even their size is quite large

http://m.imgur.com/yXZBcYT

• lol I just told my girlfriend that there is a small spider in my room and that I don't want to get rid of it but I guess I will

• Only daddy long legs

Dude, they're the best insectivores. . I hope you didn't pull his legs of one at a time, like a serial killer would do.

@Aqualung I have when I was a little kid LOL! It ends up looking like a jelly bean

Right? lol!

• I only kill the big ones.

• Yes. Spiders need love, too. Except when I'm hungry.

• Suicide, dont worry anything anymore.