Why do I love being miserable?

I meanI don't really love it I'm depressed anyway and I'm tired of being depressed but I feel like it's my comfort zone now and I can't get out of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I go through bouts of this, I like to refer to "Do or Do Not. There is No try." - Yoda (obvious SW fan here.) That said, it's easy for others to say what you should do/how you should act. Finding inner happiness is a start, small steps. I find by cultivating a positive self-image and positive outlook helps start my day. I believe in a good morning mantra to get the day started, "Today is going to be a good day." Focusing your energy on a hobby or work and of course, speaking to loved ones/close friends. It is no good to go through this on your own, you should let others know that you're feeling low or having an 'off day' and would appreciate a 'pick me up' or someone to talk to. You will be surprised that happiness can be found wherever you are. Parks or scenic areas are always great places to visit, sit down and reflect on your thoughts. You will get out of this funk, it takes time to change your outlook on life but it will be worth it. Maybe try a journal? or mindfulness blog? Seek a community online to chat to? Have faith.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because feeling miserable is easy, trust me I've felt a lot of confusing feelings during my lifetime, sometimes I still do, I still get happy but at the end of the day I know life is hard so it makes me feel as if I should worry dude, I don't know exactly how you feel, but people act as if life is a happy thing, but truthfully speaking life is very unpredictable my friend. You can easily feel worthless especially if you feel comfortable feeling that way, but also talked a look at what year it is its 2016 we have so many opportunities even tho the world sucks. Happiness sometimes takes work even tho it shouldn't. Dude you have to try to work on yourself as much as possible.

What Girls Said 9

• I've questioned the same thing for a long time about myself...

I love spending time with my friends and laughing and being happy... but I don't push myself out there to keep an optimistic attitude... it feels unnatural...

I finally realized why talking to a coworker last week. It also ended up being the reason why my boyfriend and I did not work out.

While I was growing up, my dad had debilitating health. He died when I was 18. I always felt like I had to feel sorry for him, and constantly felt guilty/ashamed, which was related to my adoption, and lack of taking to my parents... I was basically raised in this mood/mentality. It also fostered my codependency...

My boyfriend grew up in an abusive home, where they would try and smooth everything over. Unhappy emotions were not addressed—they were avoided. My mom is the same way. Unhappy emotions were not dealt with. Only keeping the peace. So now my boyfriend and I broke up, and I struggle with my mom.

At some point in life, we decide if we want to maintain this programming or not... I am reaching the point where I'm considering changing mine...

• There are medications for depression that are mild and helpful. I believe all humans have bouts with depression in some form or another. Life is short, and not bad, if you can't fight your way out of it, please get help, it is as simple as talking to a regular doctor for some medication. Best of Luck

• well, i think you kind of answered your own question. you're comfortable with feeling this way. it requires no work to be miserable. it requires a shit ton of work to try to STOP feeling miserable.

i feel pretty miserable today. instead of doing what i need to do to snap out of it, i'm just wallowing in it.

• I know how you feel. when I wasn't being bullied id bully myself bc being depressed for so long ends up making you feel comfortable. take meds nothing wrong with taking it. Just like diabetics who can't help that they have diabetes you should take meds bc depression you can't really control it besides having meds and faith.

• I think of it like you are acclimated to it to the point where you are too emotionally paralysed to break out of your rut. We favor familiarity over anything else because it's the devil we know.

• That's not right but I got you, when you feel bad for such a long time you can get used to it, you should try to get away from it gradually. Also if you want to you can go to a christian church and they can pray for you (I'm a christian) I don't know what you believe in but I can tell you God loves you and Jesus died for you on the cross

• Because no one wants to get out of their comfort zone and feel judgment

• Maybe you think you deserve it.

• Same.

What Guys Said 4

• If you're depressed, you figure being miserable is all that you deserve.

• who did what to you
    was it a girl
    a guy
    your family
    a random person
    school

give me something to go off if not i can't give advice

No one. I don't give a shit about anybody anyway. Of course I have my problems but I'm just depressed.

go to your thoughts
      and admit to yourself whats wrong
      now go handle it
      i don't care if you have to hurt someone that hurt you first

if not then don't complain
      cause i have a ton to complain about in life
      no one cares about the issues of my life or yours

so go handle it and don't kill yourself cause there's a place called hell that's worse then here

• I kind of have the same deal, just not entirely loving it, I'm just used to it, but still hate these feelings u know

• Do something new. You might be in to that.