Why am I crying blood tears?

Sometimes if I yawn and my eyes get watery, one or two of the tears are blood.
Seriously what the fuck?
Anyone know what this is?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nooooo

Most Helpful Guy

• because i punched u

What Girls Said 7

• Here are some POSSIBLE explanations.

1)
    A WOUND/INJURY
    (hopefully this doesn't need extra explanation)

... Have you accidentally rubbed yr eyes with sharp stuff on yr fingers (like, from working metal, or from stuff on the ground)? Or have you been hit in the face recently?
    That could do it.

__

2)
    INFECTION
    If you have a condition like pink eye (conjunctivitis) and it's bad enough, sometimes this can actually get to the point where bleeding happens through various membranes. Including the ones in yr eyes. SEXY HUH.

__

3)
    YOU'RE SECRETLY A FERTILE WOMAN... AND YOU'RE HAVING YOUR PERIOD

Yep, 18 percent of fertile women (post puberty, pre menopause) actually have traces of blood in their tears during menstruation.
    Yep.
    That's a thing.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1750328

__

4)
    YOU HAVE A BLOODY NOSE

... Because yr tear ducts run back into the area behind the nose, and so a nosebleed can occasionally also cause an eyebleed.

__

You don't happen to live in central Tennessee, do you?
    ... because two of the more recent cases of *completely* unexplained bloody tears -- in guys -- were both in central Tennessee. (Their names are Calvino Inman and Michael Spann.)

• I've never heard of that before. It sounds terrifying to experience! I hope your doctor can help you.

• omg that's horrible go see a doc!

• Haemolacria

• Lol why are you asking gag? Go the doctor!

Just chanced that someone might know so I don't get a rude shock when I go to the doctor.
      Booked an appointment for Wednesday morning

Okay well hope everything is okay

• Does it hurt? Could be a cut there.

• Go to see a doctor

What Guys Said 12

• Haemolacria (dont try to pronounce it) but its the rare genetic occurance where people can literally cry blood (rather its more a mixture of blood and actual tears, NOT a legit stream of blood.). There isn't really much info but its not something to worry to much and its mostly benign or has little to no danger unless you feel actual pain from the tears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haemolacria

Ok. But what worries me is it has only happened recently like last week.
      And I had shingles in that eye so it could be a complication.

@mermaidrocketship OK. Thanks

Well man panicking won't make it any better and DEFINITELY will make yourself feel worse while recovering. Just keep a level head and keep going...

• Is it like this video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e33gJfLT90

Possibly a medical condition according to this:

• 0|0
  • I don't but I bet it's related to your sinuses. Get to the doc ASAP

• GO. TO. A. GODDAMN. HOSPITAL. RIGHT. NOW.

I've booked a doctors appointment for Wednesday morning. It's the only time of the week I'm not at work

• Eye herpes.

Okay but seriously? Could be an infected tear duct or something. Get to the doctor.

I had eye herpes before actually. They're called shingles.
      I hope it's not related to that because that eye doctor was expensive as fuck

Singles isn't just eye herpes. And it actually comes from chickenpox... which I don't believe is a variant of herpes.

• you're probably over using the Sharingan, JK maybe something burst inside of your eyes and now it's leaking blood see a doctor or something

I think that's possible

• go see a doctor its not normal at all

I hate the doctor but I think I'll have to go.
      It's just really strange. I don't have eye pain or anything, it just happens randomly but I do get a little bit of stinging afterwards

I hate doctors too
      Try going on web MD before anything lol!

• See a doctor, maybe you have a cut. Or an infection. Possibly a poped blood vessel in your eye

• I KEEP TELLING YOU DO NOT FAKE THIS SO YOU CAN GO ON A FUCKING TV SHOW AND GET MONEY FROM IT

FUCK YOU

• Damn your that pissed

• You should get checked out