Do you like your country, nation?

And where are you from? I want to learn if there are people who don't like their nation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in Britain. Don't like it much, but I appreciate it immensely. Nobody is starving to death, free health care and medication without question if you can't afford it and very hard working doctors nurses porters etc who provide that service. Legally every child MUST have an education, so there aren't tons of kids going without an education. Lots of good things really. Just a pretty shitty gov at the moment, and a small rise in racism over the past couple of years.

It's not free healthcare because the entire welfare state is funded for by taxpayers.

@89765413 I think though, the percentage we pay from each months pay is so minor compared to what we're getting. Others pay similar and still need to pay for health care and don't have old, disabled or kids going free to travel. Even the buses that now talk and have a screen to say where you are are all fantastic for disabled people. What we pay is so minor so I'm very very grateful. And the education and roads I think shouldn't be classed as somebody else picking up the bill, because literally every single person in the UK benefits from it, even if you decide to pay for private education and health care, you're still benefiting from somebody who had that free education to become a doctor to treat you or lawyer to represent you, or teacher to teach in those private schools. We all benefit from each paying a very nominal fee. I appreciate Britain for it really, I wouldn't have what I have if I lived in most other places.

Again, I am not disputing what you say, but this narrative of "the NHS is free" is fabrication. It's not free, it's funded by taxpayers money in the main.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I hate living in the United States. It may be due to the area I live in, being the state of Illinois, however. I am a city person, and everyday I wish I wasn't born in this small country town in the middle of nowhere. I've wasted the first 16 years of my life, and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'm going to study in St. Louis when I graduate HS, being one of only a few big cities the United States has to offer - alongside NYC, LA, Miami, Boston, Chicago, and Washington DC. The rest of the United States is practically corn fields as far as the eye can see.

I plan to move to England as soon as I graduate from university.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm in the US. It has its issues, no doubt, but it could be worse.

• I like many things and I dislike many things but one thing I can say surely : I love it and no matter where I go and what I do in my life, Georgia will always be on my mind.

• Canada totally rocks! I feel fortunate to be a Canadian citizen.

• Hate Iran love America

• I'm from Tunisia, it's not a first world country, it's not perfect, but I like it and would like to live there once I'm done with Uni.

• Yes and no

• yes I love my country as I'm currently listening to a privacy lecture #gchq my country is great. I love it I love it I love it

• Yep, i love somalia and america.

What Guys Said 18

• It has good sides and bad sides.

How old are you?

I respect individual people , not flags , governments and frontiers.

Good answer ! !

• 1|1
  • I love the US so much that I am going to the Army and I am patriotic about it.

• No I don't. But Americans poor are considered rich elsewhere so maybe I'm willing to reconsider >.> but I doubt it..

• I live in the U. S. and I'm pretty satisfied with the neighborhood I reside in. There's a lot of issues here nationally, but compared to some other countries, they're quite trivial.

• i am indian. can't say i like it as best, bcz well it isn't. but considering the amount of problems and still seeing it moving make me wanna say good job!
    also we are great with maths and computers, so who cares :p

• The U. S. is truly incredible in many ways, but it's also deeply flawed.

I like it, yeah, but I'm not a crazed flag-waver.

• I live in the UK. It's kinda boring. But I appreciate the fact that I was lucky enough to be born in a first world country.

• I love the country I'd give my life for it, but the goverment leaves something to desired right now.

• USA. Hate it. People are weak and hedonistic, pc run rampant. If trump doesn't win I hope the place burns down, nothing more than a chapter in the history books.

The cool thing about the US is that you're welcome to leave anytime you want.

Oh, well, if "money isn't a problem", then, in *lots* of foreign countries you'd have no problem finding a woman to marry you sweetie. (: Just watch out for yrself, because ain't no one else gna watch out for you in a country that isn't yours.

Also... *Do* understand how traditional Japanese culture works, in terms of finances. It works like this:
      • The man makes the money.
      • He turns the paychecks over to his wife -- literally, he signs them over to her, like she's a comptroller of a business.
      • She handles ALL the finances.

If you marry a Japanese woman and live in Japan, DO NOT expect to have ANY volition or control over yr finances ahahah.

I don't know about Israel, in that regard.

Also, if you have enough income, you'll have to file forms called FATCA's and FBAR's for as long as yr US citizenship remains valid. These are pains in the ass in terms of recordkeeping *especially* for the foreign BANK involved -- and so, in lots of foreign countries (including Japan), you'll have

INCREDIBLE difficulty even FINDING a bank that will take you on as a customer/client. They just don't want the hassle.
      You might be stuck with a situation where you are running literally all yr transactions overseas -- with all the attendant losses involved in switching currencies every single time -- just because you can't find a bank that'll file yr damn FBAR's. That's... a thing. You should look into that WELL in advance.

None of this stuff is very hard to find out dude. If you're actually *serious* about considering a move overseas, then, if you don't know everything I've told you already (ESPECIALLY the exit tax), I'm... kinda wondering what *else* you don't know.
      That's not a cutting comment... that's more of a "Find all the expat websites you can, and read ALL of them" comment. Before making an irreversible decision that will cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, and giving up the passport that allows you THE MOST TRAVEL FREEDOM IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

• From the U. K like where I live like some of the people not all , have no time for the royal family and the establishment. Like the country as in geographically.

• yes.

• No, no, no, non and... NO!

• i like the country and the people and the culture, the food but not the government.

• love my country
    hate my government

• Im a Patriot i would die for it

• I like the country, but the people In it are dumbasses