Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a great question actually. Hmmm... maybe to look at the products they have and see if they can come up with a way to combine some of them so they would turn into a great meal. The more you look at something the more thoughts will pop up in your head. More thoughts lead to ideas and creativity.

What Girls Said 7

• Each time I return to the fridge, my expectations are lowered, so I might accept what the fridge has to offer... kind of like my last relationship 😂

• Not sure... it's like the election. You go back 20 mins later and all there is are tang and prunes...

• we can only hope

• You mean that's not how that works? 😱

• More like hoping some amazing idea on what to make will pop into their head. :D

• they're hoping that the law of attraction will work out

• Dont know but i do do that all the time...

What Guys Said 11

• Good question.

• I guess for me its boredom and sometimes hoping that maybe I will notice something that I might have missed the last time I checked.

• Not sure, people have been doing that since the first refrigerator and I'm sure even cavemen do it, I think it's a genetic thing lol

• Outstanding question. I think it's because they're demonic entities dedicated to taunt, confound and confuse human beings for their entire lives and even in death.

• I'm only human man 😩

• It's called I'm hungry and maybe I missed something before in the fridge when I was staring into it.

• Don't judge me

• its called boredom.

• Because people are hungry, and hope that Santa made an early appearance.

• I reach the fridge only when I am actually hungry.

• bored