Who would win a war between Turkey and England?

TURKEY

Vs

england

• TURKEYWho would win a war between Turkey and England?
  • englandWho would win a war between Turkey and England?
1mo I put England cause I just mean England.
Stop assuming I mean whole UK.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• For one, it's the United Kingdom, not England. England is just a part of the UK.

For two, it's blatantly obvious that you're biased since you put an emphasis on Turkey - so I'm guessing you already have the answer in your head and just want to read other people's opinions and pick the ones that suite your bias.

For three, the UK would win.
    1) Although both are a part of NATO, if, for whatever reason, war were to start between the two, Turkey would be the one that would be ousted while the UK would remain. And that would mean that the rest of NATO would be obligated to help out the UK. Turkey stand no chance whatsoever against the entire alliance.
    2) If we assume that no one else is involved then neither would completely win but the UK would gain a strategic wictory.
    Neither is powerful enough to launch a land invasion against the other. So that means that warfare would be limited to the air, sea and precision insertion of special forces. The SAS is arguably the best specops in the entire world - they'd methodically get rid of the Turkish high command and government.
    You could say that the UK air force could do that job but, admitedly, Turkey's air defencive and offencive abilities are pretty decent in comparrison.
    But an advantage the UK has is that it has an fleet that can actually operate overseas - Turkey's fleet is purely defensive in nature. But for it's region, it is pretty sizeable and will probably be able to defend Turkey from British incursions.

My guess as to the flow of events after everyone loses their minds and ignores all common sense and starts war: Turkey takes over the British base in Cyprus, Turkey rushes for Gibraltar while Brittain rushes to defend it. The reason is because that is the main access point to the Mediterranean.

The rest of the war is dependant on the battle of Gibraltar. If the UK wins then their carriers be harrassing Turkish waters until the SAS and other forces kill the government.
    If Turkey capture Gibraltar, then the war turns to a stalemate until the British retake it. After that, you can only guess what happens. Maybe the Kurds will see an opportunity and start a rebellion which the British are guaranteed to support.
    Britain's population is 65million while Turkey's is bigger at 79 million but Brittain's GDP is 2.8 trillion while Turkey's is only 751 billion. I'm guessing the UK will outproduce Turkey and eventually tire them out.

No I mean England. I'm not including Scotland or Ireland or wales in this.

I want Turkey to win but can see how they probably don't win to England.
      So please look at my other question. I think Turkey can win this one

Dude, you're a troll. Not gonna take these Turkey vs questions seriously at all.

What Girls Said 3

• England without a doubt.

• Is this a joke?

• I don't know man those cookies look dangerous asf

What Guys Said 21

• Well England does have one of the finest special forces units in the entire world besides our Seals. And England does have us as allies and if they go to war well we'll probably help them.

Plus you have to remember that England is part of the UK, United Kingdoms so you wouldn't just be fighting England but also the other countries to.

Also you have to keep further in mind is that England is pretty much an island nation and they have a very powerful navy.

So I think in the end England would probably win.

But I mean hypothetical it's against England only

England by itself? hmmm I'd still say England you have to remember that if you fight England you fight the UK and no matter how you word it that's how it would go down. Even if it was England, England alone they'd probably still win.

• Haha Turkey will lose no doubt to England. But you'llhave to also deal with the rest of the Commonwealth (Scotland, Australia, NZ, Canada, South Africa etc...)

• It happened: WW1 Turkey lost.

• I don't see how Turkey could beat anyone when their main battle tank is designed by "Koc Holdings"... It's like dude hold my dick while I destroy Turkey...

• England would smash just about anybody but china, USA, and Israel.
    Their tech is ours, so far beyond turkey, making numbers meaningless. They have force projection via naval and air assets that could quickly penetrate Turkish defenses. And their ground force is one of the finest and most potent in the world.
    Not to mention that they could use the Kurds to destabilize/ distract, which is about what they did to knock out the Ottoman Empire back in ww1.

Bro u forgot India..

Its a missile... by the way hypersonic missiles are useful for getting past the defense systems... and by the way uk and india are friends so no question of war arises, so we can stop this now.

I didn't bother to google it

• England has nukes.

Also, how is Turkey going to attack England? They would have to get through the whole continent, then cross the water.

Even Napoleon and Hitler couldn't do that.

• we got nukes

• Why , this subject has emerged? There will be no war by Turkey on England. But there could be bombings by a group of allies which will include UK and USA.

• England has nukes, Turkey doesn't

• Turkish soldiers are getting fucked by a small Kurdish militant group PKK, so England will win over turkey easily.

• Turkey would fall. It wouldn't be an easy fight but Turkey would surely loose

• You'd be dealing with the UK, the USA and NATO. Ill advised , comrade

• Lol what kind of question is that. Grow up dude its 2016 we don't think these kind of trash things.

But you are from TURKEY where is your allegiance?

It doesn't mean that I have to live in a dream.

• Just England? Turkey would win. But UK is a bit tougher opponent. Luckily for the Turks, Scotland is most likely going to separate in the future, the same is possible for Wales, maybe even Cornwall and the Island of Mann. North Ireland will unite with the Republic of Ireland, so England will be left all alone.

• 0|0

I am from Turkey

"I wonder where OP is from."

/s

• Turkey has the 8th strong army in the world. Britain has the 5th strong army. Just take a look at Global fire power. by the way Britain is not England. So i think Turkey would win if the war was between Turkey and England, it is nearly impossible a war between England and Turkey. They have good relations in some areas. let me give you an example. Turkey is working on developing its own Fighter jet and an English company Bae systems will give Turkey technical support. Turkey has a larger population and area Turkey's area is 6 times larger than England's area , but England has a stronger economy and defence industry. Both country has a strong army. Turkish army is larger compared to say Turkey has 4000+ tanks , while Britain has 400+ tanks , but England has a more improved military technology. by the way these kind of questions are always dangerous ! So don't keep asking these questions. In a serious war (not a small conflict) milions of people would die that is not good as you can figure out on your own. Turkey is getting stronger , Turkey has the fastest growing economy and population in Europe , so Everything might change in the future.

• Think this has already been done?

• England is a stronger force so... but Turks look tough, still.

• UK's got the SAS/SBS.

Not UK just England

It's still in England.

• England, you spa.

You think a toff at high tea represents the armed forces?

The SAS could take your Capitol in 24 hours. Your navy wouldn't last a week. And your Air Force? Hilarious.

Your country would be cancelled faster than the newest NBC comedy.