How good are you at remembering people?

How well you do remember people, faces and/or names? For the most part, I'm really bad at remembering people. If I've met someone once or twice and meet them again, they often remember me but I won't remember them at all. Like we've just met. I could've seen someone 3 or 4 times even and won't remember them I think lol. And really bad a names sometimes. I might remember their face but have no clue their name (male or female). And sometimes it's kind of embarrassing because maybe I should remember their name, but no clue lol. There's the odd one I'll remember but for the most part, nope. I thought I'd do a poll, just curious how it is for others. I know some people can meet someone once and they remember them, their name, anything about you that you've told them, I'm amazed by that because I never do lol. I have to get to know someone fairly well usually first.

• I can met someone once and I remember them almost always.
    27% (17)24% (12)26% (29)Vote
  • Depends, some I do some I don't.
    35% (22)27% (13)31% (35)Vote
  • If they stand out in some way I'll remember them.
    27% (17)18% (9)23% (26)Vote
  • I never remember anyone either.
    6% (4)16% (8)11% (12)Vote
  • Other (explain in comments).
    5% (3)15% (7)9% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
22|12

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to be pretty good with faces and names. So good that I often remember people who don't remember me. I tell them not to feel bad, I'm just abnormally good at recognizing people. Same happens when I watch movies. I'll be like "whoa is that Miss Honey from Matilda? It totally is." And everyone else is like "what how"

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm great with faces but struggle remembering names unless I've have a very memorable interaction with you or you have a very unique name. I usually need to interact with somebody more than once to remember them. It's why I sometimes struggle on dates; it's horrifying to sit across from somebody and totally space on their name! So frustrating! It's the worst when you call them the wrong name that's why I sometimes resort to "sweetie" or "honey" not to be sexist but because I suck at remembering names!

0|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 21

• Im REALLY good at remembering people's faces and their names, so much so that some people get a bit freaked out by it lol 😂 I just have really good memory in that department.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm terrible... like so bad at remembering names :(

It's started to get me down more recently cause when you work with so many people as I do it gets embarrassing, my colleagues roll their eyes at me when I forget, it can't look good but they just don't stick!

0|1
    0|1
    • 1mo

Me to sometimes. I just had a co-worker who I don't see very often, but apparently have met before come up to me the other day, shake my hand, said it was "good to see me" etc NO CLUE who he was. Didn't even recognize his face lol. I just played alone like I remembered him but I didn't at all !

• I have a great memory. I can even remember covos I've had with people from ages ago... word for word.

Usually a person has to have an impact on me if I'm to remember their name after one meeting tho lol

0|1
    0|1
  • It depends on how I met them and what emotion they made me feel. If they made me feel sad or embarrassed, I'll remember longer because evolution I guess.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suck so hard at names, it's really embarrassing! Once I had a boyfriend and he rang me up, and I totally couldn't remember his name. Then I suddenly didn't have a boyfriend!

0|1
    0|1
  • I have a Good memory just in General, @GingerGuy
    Good luck and Great question. xx

0|1
    0|1
  • It depends on the person. If I feel I'll see them often, I'm good at remembering them. Otherwise, nope.

0|1
    0|1
  • Depends on the person. I can almost always remember faces, but never names and I don't always remember where I know them from - so I just avoid the whole thing if i can...

0|1
    0|1
  • i am good at remembering people

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm really good at remembering people. In general, I remember the little things and the random things that most people would forget. That's just how I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • I picked other.
    It depends on who I want to remember, and who I don't.
    I don't want to remember you, then so be it. I will forget you, but if I want to remember, then I will. Simply, straight, and forward. 😊

0|1
    0|1
  • Very good with remembering faces and names.

0|1
    0|1
  • I can remember faces but have a difficult time with names.

0|1
    0|1
  • I've been gifted with a sharp memory so I can remember people and things quite well :)

0|1
    0|1
  • I am good at recognizing people

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm very gifted in this way. Tanks for passing that along dad.

0|1
    0|1
  • Depend the impact they had on me

0|1
    0|1
  • I suck at remembering names

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't remember people unless they do something stupid then it's hard to forget

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm pretty good at remembering faces but sadly I'm pretty bad at remembering names.

0|1
    0|1
  • Lmfao who tf went down and downvoted every comment on this post? Rofl.

Also I don't remember well.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I think some people just do it just cause. I've noticed that with other questions/comments, there's nothing about it to dislike but someone has anyway lol

What Guys Said 11

• I'm horrible at remembering people or names. Most of the time when I meet people, I don't even make an attempt to remember them if I don't think I'll see them again or bump into them often.

The people I do remember are the ones that stand out in some way or they look unique that sets them apart from other people.

0|1
    0|1
  • I can remember people, but I'm absolutely terrible with names. There were 3 girls I knew really well, but forgot their names almost immediately and didn't know it for 3 years 😂

0|1
    0|1
  • Pretty bloody awful. Thankfully I'm from London so I can get away with calling people mate. The weird thing is that most people seem to remember my name very easily.

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm great with faces but I can assure you i'm worse than you with names (forgot my lab partner for over 3 months name... twice. She got a little pissy which I suppose I can't really blame her for)

0|1
    0|0
  • I also remember usernames automatically. I have an almost photographic memory actually.

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm good with faces, not names.

0|1
    0|1
  • Faces yes, faces and names, it's a crapshoot

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm excellent at remembering people. People also remember me for some reason as well.

0|1
    0|1
  • Depends, i remember faces but i forget names sometimes.

0|1
    0|1
  • I only remember their faces😅

0|1
    0|1
  • Im just terrible at remembering names!

0|1
    0|1