I don't feel like doing ANYTHING lately... is something wrong with me?

Im 22; senior in college.. and it's like pulling teeth to do aaaanything. I don't know why? I'm partially always tired or low on energy.. My motivation to do anything is close to none. I don't like not doing anything.. I basically wish I just could not exist for a good few months. Nothing is happening in my life, I just view a lot of things worthless and why bother. I'm not an entire nihilist, but I have great tendencies towards that belief. I get happy from super small things.. and everything else doesn't matter to me anymore, including my friendships (I only had one friend) or trying to date guys (I've turned down about 15-20 guys the past few weeks), and even school.. I don't find excitement or life in any of it. Most of my days I just want to loaf and listen to music, think about life, drive around, read, occasionally shop, I love doing my makeup... I don't know just random things. I haven't smoked weed for a good month and a half. So that isn't it. I feel guilty because I need to try harder for school since this is my future (I'm a psych major), as well as I'm 22 and these are my "fruitful years"... I should be going out and having fun.. my parents get depressed looking at me. They tell me I think about life and death and matters of humans too much for my age and I should go out since I'm gorgeous and young. When I do go out, it does feel good to be asked out a lot.. but I'm just not into sleeping around or being with any guy. I'm so picky, which is why I'm still alone. I just feel so BLEH and I don't know what to do about it because I don't want to be an old woman looking back on these years like damn, shoulda could've woulda. Granted, I'm introverted and a loner by nature, so then I ask myself.. why change if I'm happy? But I don't find happiness in anything anymore except music and when my makeup is done perfectly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every person has a phase just like you wondering! The thing is we all have our safe zones and comfort food. It's noraml and you don't need to panic, it's good you stopped smoking, but you might try to find somethings to motivate you. Friends are not easy to get and the dudes just want to get laid because it's college. Have deep thought about your self and see the facilities and opportunities you can get after you finish your college. It's not easy (damn i wish some things were easy) you need to work and don't ever compare your self with anyone because that will do bad more than good but at the same time whar ever you reach, try to reach for more. I would recommend you to read some books from Leslie C. Brown he is great and hope you will enjoy his words (or clips/videos) he is all over youtube too.

Don't panic, trust your self and live your live.

Most Helpful Girl

• it sounds like you're depressed. are there any other symptoms, because they say that depression and fatigue are associated with many illnesses.

Could it be an underlying infection?

Oh. Well, you'll be out soon. Chin up ;-)

I will be (:

What Guys Said 6

• You're just so close to graduating.. I feel you're just tired of the same song and dance you've been doing for the last 4+ years. I think you just need to find someone to talk to and help get your mind off of your schooling until you graduate and I think you'll feel less trapped and like a new person!

I think so too

That's what I was thinking too! Or another language

Yeah other languages helps too. As long as you can primarily focus on what you are doing. How has it gone by the way? It's been 5 days, have you tried anything/seen any results?

• I feel very similar. Everyday I appear normal, but inside I don't give a f•••. F••• doing math because it's not gonna save me from getting killed, it doesn't do nobody any good. It makes me wanna blast both middle fingers up and run out knocking over everything in the room, but this system can't be stopped. Anyway the reason I was talking about math is that school makes me not care, and it actually last year made me think of death, and that was terrible. I'm now in a better mindset. I wanna just lay down and not have to hear see or think because I'm lonely. Things don't excite me like they used to, and stuff I do (school) seems pointless and I'm going upwards into nothing. I rather be alone, though I'm lonely. Ironically I don't wanna do much, and I used to want to post helpful comments on here, now I don't wanna bother because all the problems remind me about myself.

• Is it depression?

• You sound like my girlfriend. Literally. She has issues with depression, which you may or may not. I'm not qualified to make that call. But it sounds like it.

• Get your thyroid levels checked.

• depresso

What Girls Said 0