If you report a sexual assault but you were intoxicated under age with you be charged?

If I were assaulting at a party and wanted to press charges, yet was intoxicated while underage (please do not lecture me yes I know i'm a fucking idiot thank you), will I be charged for drinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think only the the people hosting the party will be accountable for any alcohol that is involved and consumed by anyone underage. They are suppose to monitor and ensure whomever is providing food and beverage meet legal requirements and do not allow anyone to bring any alcohol to the party if there will be people attending below the minimum legal drinking age. Otherwise they would have to check I. D. and verify that everyone is of legal drinking age beforehand.

Because the authorities and prosecutors are going to focus on whom is responsible in providing means and access to alcoholic beverages to any minors. And if the hosts of the party didn't realize someone had snuck alcohol into their party then they would still face negligence charges and fines. If they realized it and actually stepped in and do something about it, such as if some guest snuck alcohol into the party I think then they would get some immunity as long as they took responsible action, such as removing the guest and the alcohol immediately as they are suppose to monitor any unusual and unacceptable behaviors of their guests. If they intentionally provided alcohol to minors, then they absolutely will be charged and fined and may possibly fail jail or prison time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Knowing how backwards our Justice System is, the person who assaulted you may not even be charged. You should still report it though. Just know it's not your fault, the only thing that causes rape and sexual assault, is always the perpetrators fault. Never the victims fault.

What Guys Said 11

• Not sure of your exact age, jurisdiction, and their particular laws, but it's highly unlikely you would or even could be charged. Still, intoxication is no excuse for sexual assault. It may, however, affect the prosecution of the case. But you really should report it anyway.

• no. There is no law stating a minor cannot drink alcohol. The person who sold it to you or gave it to you will be in trouble but not you.

• Most likely not. If the person was way older than you. Say they furnish the alcohol that you was not aware of and without your consent.

• Usually law enforcement isn't into charging victims so I would say no.

• You don't have to tell them that you drank anything, and you didn't get breathalyzed so I think your good.

• Nope. Probably not. It's possible however very unlikely

• Probably not considering that you were raped. A defense attorney could use that, though.

• No you will not be, as no police officer caught you drinking. That crime needs a PO present. Go ahead and prosecute your assaulter.

• 80% of rape goes unreported and worst you will get for underage drinking is a fine or community service a small price to pay you should go to the hospital asap and get a rape kit and a blood test done to see if you where dosed

• Report it! Just think, if you don't, how many other people will he assault?

• I think you would be. Getting assaulted is not a pass to get out of trouble for something you did before it. That being said, you should still report it.

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes you have to accept that there will be small problems that you have to face so that you can take on a larger goal that affects not only you but others.

• No. report it!

• No. Cops would only care about the big crime. As others have already said, I've you've been assaulted don't be afraid to report it.

• If you only drank the alcohol but didn't purchase it, you won't be charged. They'll probably give you a warning though.

• You'll get charged don't report it don't report it

• Please, report it. I don't believe you will get charged, but I may be wrong.

• Honestly still report it. It would be really fucked up if they charge you with something when you're coming forward with something like this

• Dont know the laws by you but it definitely won't help your case...