Am I an atheist if I believe in God just don't believe in relegion?

Let me clear, I have read holy books of diff religion and to summarise all looks like trying to get u in fear that if u won't follow them u will go to this place called hell.
At last I started believing that religion has done nothing except dividing this world and wars.
In deep down I have a feeling of some creater is there and he created this whole cosmos.
While religion is only based upon the fact that we think we r so special and earth is god fav planet and humans are thier fav species.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are a theist.

Sounds like you're getting to the bottom of things... never forget that there is an antagonist in every story, though.

Religion may create division... but why? And how do they do it? Are all religions as valid as others? I would say not. Consider the cults: I am sure Marshal Applewhite was considered pretty legit for a while...

Question their origins, why they came into existence, and by who.

I have tried long.. for getting into bottom I only and purely trust science no second thoughts.

I'm a Christian (maybe not the best one, but I still follow those beliefs). Science supports my beliefs.

If you believe in God, why not pray about it? He is really good at giving answers... He's given me a lot over the years.

If you ever have any Q's, message me. I've been studying this kind of stuff for a few years, and my pastor is awesome.

What Girls Said 6

• I think what you mean is you're Agnostic. You still believe in higher sovereignty but you don't know either that's Christian God or whichever God it is.

Nope.. no religion at all. I think all religion are equal, bcz all of them are stupid 😂

Yeah, but you believe there's still a higher power above humans right? That's called Agnostic.

• I think that's more agnostic

• Nope. Atheist don't believe in God.

• Mmm hard to say really, it's like you're saying you're a meat eating vegetarian. Like myself, I don't like religions but I believe in god

• You are an Agnostic
    Atheist doesn't believe in god.

• No, you are not. Atheists don't believe in god. You are just an undecided theist.

What Guys Said 11

• No, then you're a theist (or deist)

• no you are not an atheist.

• No, you're just a deist I think. To be an atheist, you must not believe in God and sacrifice a goat for Lord Lucifer.

• Ehhh you're summary of religion or belief systems is off but technically atheists don't believe in any heavenly being nor hell

• You might enjoy the Bahá'í Faith. Check it out if you're interested.

• I am the same way. I believe in some sort of superior entity, but i also believe religion is the biggest scam ever invented

• Atheist is greek for without god. So technically you are not an atheist but more like areligious.

• Gray area

• No, that is called spiritual but not religious.

• No, you're not an atheist. It's more in line with what's called 'deism'.

• no. the belief in a creator is exactly the definition of theism. atheism is the exact opposite.