Why is everyone making such a big thing out of something Trump said 11yrs ago?

I don't know what he said exactly but from what I get, it was apparently inappropriate. I also understand he's running for president and needs to watch what he say's and that things from your past can come back to bite in you in the ass later on. However, as common sense person I don't quite get what the big deal is. I mean, John F Kennedy was a womanizer and Bill Clinton was clearly one too and they did all of that while they were president and no seems to care about that. Yet Donald Trump makes a comment off camera to Billy Bush (without knowing he was being taped) 11yrs ago before he even considered running for office and somehow that's a big deal? I don't get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he says the same type of shit now... If it was isolated, sure, but his views towards women in general means it's serial. Also, that's what the media does. They'll dig up shit from 50 years ago if they have to

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank you this is what I'm saying! But tbh I think we need to forget about bill Clinton because he's not running for pres. The issues are more important then these bs scandals.

What Guys Said 44

• Direct Quote from the Transcript:
    " Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I DON'T EVEN WAIT.
    And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything.
    Bush: Whatever you want.
    Trump: Grab them by the p****. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING"

That is the definition of sexual assault, that is why people are annoyed.

thats typical dudr chit chat I've said many times u would fuck a lotta women doesn't mean im physically doing anything... sexual assault ha ha ha

@bedroomdweller Er... Hillary Clinton has a criminal record? Since when?

@Sara413

cdn.someecards.com/.../...lease-stand-by-6ea8c.png

"Violence" against "people" (women included) is a problem. "Crime" committed against "people" (women included) is a problem. "Sex crimes" affect women more frequently than they affect men. How that has anything to do with Trump, not sure.

Nobody is bothering you. You can go and chirp in any time you feel like. But if it's become clear that you can't whip out the victim card and somehow harp back on Trump for something he didn't actually say, that's your issue for falling victim to whatever media source persuaded you that Trump advocated for raping or sexually assaulting women in the first place.

• You have to understand, if Trump wins that means the whole bed of corruption neatly intertwined with the media, politicians, banks and insiders will be undone. Trump will rip away the curtain and put it all on display, hell, he could spend every waking minute of his Presidency going after the system and he wouldn't even scratch the surface come 2020.

They can't allow him that opportunity, Democrats or Republicans, media, banks or anybody else on the inside, they have to destroy him any way they can so they use every tool they have and pull out all the stops. They're fighting like their lives depend on it because in a way, they do.

Just have a look at the latest batch of Clinton emails to be leaked, they're corrupt to the core, this one in particular caught my eye: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599

Are you referring to the part where Bill Ivey wrote, "we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry."?

That sounds bad to me, but depends a bit on who he's referring to as "we".

We, the people?
      We, the democrats?
      We, the government?
      We, the Illuminati?

Or are you thinking of something else?

Well, even if that were the case, 43% of the democratic party voted for someone else, despite obvious rigging of the system by the party leadership. Everyone's sick of business as usual.

@goaded Yet if the polls are accurate, everybody is going to vote for business as usual.

• because 11 years ago he essentially said that he has sexually assaulted or advocates sexually assaulting women

whether he knew he was being taped or not is irrelevant that this is a belief he holds or action he has committed

i don't want a president who commits sexual assault or believes it's ok

• Because he did more than just say something... he said what he DID - sexually molest women - and that's is what is upsetting... and illegal.

• I find it funny that if you bring up things Clinton did, like her email server or attacking women, they down play it.

• grab em by the pussy baby

• Because people are to stupid to look past it and see what's really going on, I mean folks have a right to be upset about it because what he said was wrong but it was over a decade ago and he did sincerely apologize for it.

But people are obsessing over it when it's not as big of a deal as people think, it's like any of us haven't made perverse comments in private. and yet when you bring up Bills rape of woman and how Hillary covered it up or the rapist that raped a 12 year old girl and put her in a coma for 5 days that Hillary kept out of jail and he got away scot free and Hillary laughed and bragged about it you say any of those things and your pasted as a liar who brings up the past.

The liberals won't discuss this at all. It's pathetic.

@Rissyanne You might be right, although General Petraeus was found guilty of much worse and got two years probation and a fine and the Bush administration "lost" up to 22 million emails, and you don't seem to be baying for them to be locked up. That ire seems to be reserved for Democrats.

@goaded You just can't say she is guilty and shouldn't be running for president. SHE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP... NOT RUNNING FOR THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE LAND. Why can't anyone with any common sense see that?

• Why is everyone making such a big deal out of baseless accusations about something Clinton's *husband* SUPPOSEDLY did 20 years ago?

• Adultery is bad, but its consensual. Trump was advocating sexual assault, which is illegal and disrespectful towards women.

true but not nearly as bad as clintons rape..
      or hilarys emails

trump wants to keep the pease with russia.. but nooo hilary wants to go to war like wtf.. have that bbith on the frontline then she can talk

@bigdigthomas Oh, you mean the woman that officially recanted her claim and then strangely reversed her story without a shred of proof? Also, I'm pretty sure Bill isn't running for President.

• It shows his character. And he wasn't a kid or a 20-30 year old, he was 50 something. Doesn't really seem to have changed. He wouldn't be capable of being the leader of an island nevermind a country as complex as the US. The only way I could see so. epne like him being a leader is if he were to be a dictator and do absolutely anything and everything he wanted to do

• Because it's 2016, it is a big deal and someone who's that disrespectful to women isn't fit to be the next president of one of the most powerful and influential countries on Earth.

• He's been "considering" running for office since the 90's. It's essentially a publicity stunt gone awry. I don't really give a shit what Donald Trump says. He's not going to win, that's excruciatingly obvious

• It's because the things he said weren't just inappropriate. He was actually bragging about how his fame lets him get away with sexual assault.

• Opponents will always jump at any chance to discredit him. But that is what opponents do.

• Trying to find some scandal about him that tops Hillary's

• I know right all it was was just locker room Talk 11 years ago let it go already

• Because people react to it in expected ways that clearly helps their party. The democrats know people will respond in a predictable knee-jerk reaction way that will help their cause. Republican party does the same with mentioning Bill's infidelity. Welcome to American politics.

• both political parties have an Agenda. Haven't you noticed how only the candidates who are on the extreme side of either of the parties are the only ones who end up being president?

• clinton has all the controversy with her abusive rapist husband plus her controversy with the emails which make her a criminal.. those comments are the only thing they have against him...

• "John F Kennedy was a womanizer"
    People need to stop acting like he was actually cheating,
    John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy HAD AN OPEN MARRIAGE.
    They loved each other, they just agreed that they could fuck other people as well

bill clinton did cheat on his wife tho and even hillary covered for him until there was lots of evidence he had to come out... bill also gropes women and is accused of not only molesting women but also rape so...

@bedroomdweller
      Did I mention bill clinton?

nah but your clearly a liberal who prefers hillary over trump

• He admitted to sexual assaulting women. What part of that is acceptable?

Who did he admit to sexually assaulting and why has he not been arrested for it?

@Paris13 why do you say that?

I saw this big "Debate" here and could not resist, @tyber1 xx

• to a LIBERAL words mean things. and what trump said and not did means he's a sexist womanizer. its a load of hogwash! if you had a microphone in the senate coat room you would hear things that would sound like a KKK meeting and those are your senators! hillary is a criminal and a psychopath! if she wins? it will be like living under saddam hussein!

• I have no idea. Far more disturbing is the cheating and collusion that was proven on part of the DNC. How this cycle has been misdirected from what was done to Sanders is mind boggling. What has been revealed about Hillary through Wikileaks and the DNC hack, as well as her history and self admitting to being an interventionist, cheating, lying, warmonger is far more disturbing than anything Trump has said. And I fucking hate Trump. With a passion. She and her purchased folks have done a masterful job at fucking with things this cycle.

• It's not a big deal. The big deal is all of us keeping the Clinton's out of office, much like the Bush's..

• That's politics. People are trying to bash each other and forget about trying to find solutions for the problems at hand.

• Because they literally have nothing else to attack him on. The only argument the media has against Trump is, "He said mean things!" Meanwhile, Hilary has a bucket list of things she's screwed up during her time as secretary of state.

That and a long string of failures, no relevant skills to do the job, and a ton of racist/sexist/ignorant opinions that span decades.

Years of experience actually working in government. Experience actually talking to foreign dignitaries (and not fucking it up). She knows how economics works. She has an idea of what it's like to actually be President, having been First Lady. Not even coming close to the level of racist and sexist opinions Mr. Trump has.

@AssJacket Years of experience failing in government, and one position was an appointed position, not an elected one, and was given to her as a consolation prize by the man who beat her to the oval office. Her entire political career is based off of her husband's presidency, and he's a scumbag. Being first lady means nothing. And Hilary's racism and sexism can not be measured in words its so far out there. And her great plan to keep Americans safe, ban guns and import more Syrians. Yea, Europe will tell you how great that's working out.

• Because political people are held to a hire standard and they're supposed to know everything they're going to do. Yeah right.

• Because some people would rather vote for a Psycopath then an Asshole?

• Because people love finding dirt on celebrities

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 22

• I'm Canadian, but I'd like to weigh in anyway. It's matters because what we say behind closed doors often shows who we are as human beings. Personally, I don't believe any man who can say such derogatory and offensive things can possibly deserve my respect. It's not okay to talk about other human beings like that and I definitely wouldn't want someone like that to be the leader of a country. I think a leader should represent the values of the people they lead. The things Trump says are sexist and he believes its acceptable to force himself on a woman and touch her inappropriately against her will, he's admitted to doing it, which is actually sexual assault/rape in some cases. That's disgusting. I wouldn't want someone like that to lead my country, I wouldn't even want to be associate myself with anyone like that either. It's gross. He's gross. Ugh. It doesn't even matter that it was filmed 11 years ago, he was 59 at the time, a grown ass man, who should know better than to talk about women like that. He's also old enough to know that it's wrong to sexually assault someone.

• This comment was well beyond inappropriate- it condoned sexual assault, which is pretty serious coming from a presidential candidate. And he said it in his 50s, not his 20s. He wasn't exactly a youth. It's hard to argue that this comment doesn't represent the person he is today, especially since he continues to make similar comments. It's a miracle he has the nerve to show his face in public, let alone run for president. Completely baffling.

• I'm surprised that/if anyone is shocked by this. The guy is a think skinned silver spoon bully baby... that has been and always will be a colossal DOUCHE BAG. That's probably not the last Trump "bomb shell" that gets dropped between now and election day.

How "we" managed to to nominate him over more than a dozen MORE qualified candidates blows my mind. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HILLARY.

But the people that voted for Trump in the primary can think themselves for irreparably damaging the GOP, and quite likely handing the POTUS to Klinton.

Say goodbye to any hope you had for personal liberty and states rights.

The Klintons always have, and always will get away with murder (literally). Our fucking dumbed down society cares more for salacious "scandal" than they do for her willful arrogance that she is above the law.

media.giphy.com/media/26hit7cqYdsH2hcFG/giphy.gif

• So you know everyone is talking about it and there are links to the recording in literally every article but you don't know what's said... okay op...
    https://youtu.be/zl7JWrwkpSM

Every time I go on MSN or Yahoo it's on there and I hear people talking about it on news programs my dad watches, but I've never clicked on one of the articles or watched one of those news programs. I'm not into politics, so don't really pay attention to this stuff. However, after awhile my curiousity gets the best of me and now I'm wondering what the big deal is.

I came here because it's a question and answer and lots of people on here know about politics. So, instead of looking through a bunch of different articles on the subject. I figured it would just be better to ask actually people, what's wrong with that?

First of you don't have to look at a bunch of different posts. You only have to listen to ONE recording which you've already said is readily available to you.

Second what is the difference between having to sort through a lot of articles and a lot of responses?

• If he post a tweet 11 years ago that saying, for example, we should kill all Mexicans and not leave one alive don't you think that matters if he says that? you can say all the fuck up shit you want but just remember there will be people will not tolerate that behaviour. Not everyone is forgiving about things.

• people are making this a big deal because it is a big deal.. can someone imagine Obama or other presidents making such comments about women? maybe some guys do talk like this but they aren't running for a president.. by the way talking about sex is different than bragging about having committed a crime like sexual assault.. it's cleat how much stupid Trump supporters are.. it's kinda sickening ,...

• Because it is indicative of his general character and his attitude towards women.

Women who've worked with Trump have been saying for years that he's pervy and disrespectful. Of course, many people choose to ignore what women say about him, so leaked audio of him admitting to that type of behaviour proves that what they say about him is true.

He does not respect women. He thinks we are either fat pigs with no value or hit pieces of ass that he's entitled to ogle, touch and harass.

• Women make up more than half of the world's population, and we can't have a president who views us so lowly. It's the 21st Century and yet, Trump is stripping us of our basic human rights and objectifying us. Though the tape is old, he has still been saying things like that. If he can't change his views after 11 years, what is he going to do while he's president? "Beat the hell out of ISIS," apparently. But what else? Is he going to enforce a national dress code that will allow him to ogle women and fuel his nasty and sexual desires? He's a disgusting human being, and this tape is another piece of proof of that.

• Because people are still holding what Hillary said 20 years ago against her. Double standards.

• I don't get it either. The democrats are reaching. It's ridiculous.

• Its not about him being a womanizer, It's about bolding saying because he's a celebrity, he can get away with sexually assaulting women. Very different than being a cheater or womanizer. In my mind anyway.

• It shows how he views women. He even says crazy and hurtful things about women now. If any woman is okay with that she has no respect for herself. Respectable men don't have conversations like that.

• Two words: Hit piece.

• A reason to boot him out of the election, which is really unimportant at this point. Why dig up the past?

• yeah i don't know

• Yup. It's fucking ridiculous.

• It's always been a big deal, it's just that nowadays we have waaay more media.

• It was a long time ago, not that I think he's changed.

• It was actually pretty funny, people (especially women) take everything so seriously lol.

• You poor child, your mom must have dropped you on your head

More insults, how nice. This is a question and answer site, correct? So what's the problem?

• His words we're concerning because he abused his power as a celebrity so what's stopping him from doing it as a president. Also the fact that he just played it off as locker room banter. Everyone Is more aware of there things now, people spend a lot of time and effort teaching girls and boys not to give in to manipulation. It kind of goes out the window when you elect a manipulative president who hasn't sincerely apologized for his comments.

• U are a guru, you mus tknow wehy, no lie.
    Media and everyone want to wreck his campagne because they are scared crapless he will get to be president.
    Wake up, people. We can't have another 4 years of OBAMA.