Who do you think should cook more in a relationship?

• Man
  • Woman

Most Helpful Guy

• the one who has more time, better cooking skills and more fun doing it

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoever's the better cook. Let's be honest. Food is important and so enjoyable, but it'd wreck my life if I got stuck eating crap food every day because some gender rule decided that one or the other of us should be cooking most of the time (regardless of skill or ability). I really enjoy cooking so I presume I'll be doing a lot of it. I guess you could call that traditional, but if my husband turns out to be a great cook, thn for sure I'm going to want him to cook some of the time too. Ideally, I think it's a shared task, unless someone's food preparation is mostly poisonous, in which case, probably shouldn't.

What Guys Said 53

• She can hold her own, but I'm better and it's one of my passions. So me. But I actually enjoy it most when we work together. She sets a beautiful table. The only part I hate for her to be involved with is grocery shopping. That's my time and she rushes it. There you go!

• The one that has more time and/or the one that likes it the most.
    I like cooking, so I wouldn't mind cooking, I would happily do it, but let's say I don't. If I get home at 5, and my girl gets home at 7, I shouldn't make her cook, since I had more time at home, I should be the one cooking.

• Whoever's best at it, I guess.

• This is a loaded question. There is no right answer. The best scenario is if they can cook together. Many women love that. Some want no one in their kitchen when they are cooking. A good man helps where he can.

• Nowadays men can cook and are better chefs than women. I actually don't know any women that can cook. Not even kidding, out of all the women I've met not a single one knows how to cook. I'm sure there are women that can cook, but it's extremely sad how the tides have shifted.

What is a woman supposed to do?
    Most men can cook, clean their own laundry, make enough money from work to provide for themselves, keep their house clean and in order, take care of themselves, dress themselves, entertain themselves with TV games or buddies, etc.

There really is no practical place for a woman in all of this, you'd really have to try to force one in.

It's not about service or belittling women, it's about earning your keep. If the man is literally doing everything you're just leeching off of him. It's really not much to ask for a woman to cook. It's not hard at all. I'm just trying to figure out why so many women are just so damn lazy these days.

• For me, my wife; she is better and has a gift. That said, I love to cook too and enjoy cooking for her, but she is simply much better and has good culinary instincts.

• Who ever is the better cook.

• It depends on who has the most time, who is better at it, and who enjoys it the most.

• I love to cook, so naturally, I'd want to cook more. Just how I am. :)

• Well I'm old fashioned so you know were I stand but that being said I quite enjoy cooking myself so I don't mind doing it either.

People like you freak me out

Nicely done.
      And thanks for the ice cream :P

@Luci92 Lol thank you.

Your welcome.

• Women should cook more , i lived with several female relatives
    they never wanted to cook , Now it's time for me to have a woman
    to be special in my life to cook for me. Sure i would cook for a woman
    in a heartbeat but there is time in life, a man gotta hang up his Chefs hat
    LOL hhahaha

• Who ever is better at it.
    That way people will actually enjoy eating it

• I think it'd be fun to cook together

• whoever works less hours is fair but if one person prefers cooking or is just better at it then it will often fall on them however many hours they do

• Discuss it, whoever wants to or share it out equally

• Whoever doesn't work as much. Otherwise it should alternate unless one does more of a different chore than the other.

• C - both equally.

• Most of the time my girlfriend is cooking because she is housewife. But sometimes I cook too. She confess that meal I'm cooking is better. But because I'm working 14 hrs a day, 6 days a week, I have no time nor energy to do that.

@Asker, you're from the UK and I noticed kind of hesitation to cook. Hard to blame you. Everybody knows that British people sucks in the kitchen. They likes to watch cooking TV shows, but then they go to Aldi or Iceland, buy frozen food, put it in microwave and dinner is done 😂

• It should be done equally , if either person wants to cook more that's perfectly fine.
    Me I'm not too bad in the kitchen and don't mind cooking sometimes

• It wouldn't matter. I'm used to cooking for myself. So if I was with someone, I would be happy to prepare a meal for my date or partner.

• Man or 2 weeks and women for the next 2 weeks.

• Me cuz I am an excellent cook lol

• Whoever is the better cook. Usually it's women and I can't cook for shit, so I say women

• Whatever one's better at cooking. I personally love to cook but I am not that good at it. Or it could be a 2 person thing, that's pretty cool.

• Whoever's better at cooking.

• Whomever enjoys it more and or is better at it

• Whoever is better skilled at it. The less skilled person does the dishes.

• the better cook , so in that case me

• Whoever makes better food, derr. Who says it has to be delegated to soley one person, cook to your strengths.

• This ; shouldn't be multiple choice question. In fact what's wrong with who ever when ever? No body's entitled over one another. Make it work together.

• More from Guys
    23

What Girls Said 40

• It isn't black or white. A balance or preference works depending on the couple. Honestly I'm sad that your generation is still having to be faced with this question. im older than you and knew many Dads when I was younger that cooked all the time or sometimes.

The way I was raised in my later teens and live still today is that meals are a family affair and most open plan houses are built this way. And it is amazing family time. The great room and kitchen are usually an open space so no matter who is cooking everyone is bonding. But in my family growing up and now someone is cooking while the other person is cleaning off the used pans and what not while they are easy to clean and surfaces. This is all done in quality bonding time.

If I'm cooking my SO is either cleaning or prepping the next dish. It is one of our favorite activities on a week night. It doesn't matter who is 'lead chef' or whatever. We love eating each other's meals but even more we love the conversation and quality bonding making that meal together.

In the past even guys that don't want to cook are in the kitchen with me when I prepare the meal. I guess if he really wasn't a fan of cooking or helping with dishes I would hope he helps out otherwise.

Taking out the trash or paying more often when we eat out. I did date a man one time who expected me to pay half the time when went out for meals even though I was making him expensive meals a few times a week.

That eventually bothered me even though I'm not prone to arguing over money. It just upset me because it felt like all those months of preparing meals meant nothing and weren't appreciated.

• I hate cooking, and I'm not good at it, so obviously, my boyfriend who loves cooking, should do it. But... my sister loves cooking, and is good at it, but not her husband so maybe the woman should do it? Does that mean that my boyfriend should eat horrible burned food, or should my sister eat horrible burned food? I don't know, this is so confusing.

• I'm not gonna answer the poll option because I don't think it comes down to gender, I think it comes down to 1) who has the time to cook 2) who can actually cook well 3) who does more around the house 4) relationship agreement (ex. food for a week by man then another week is other person)

• Whoever wants to. I don't think the sex or gender of the person matters. It just depends on the dynamics of each individual relationship.

• The person who can cook better or the person who works less. Usually that is the woman but not always.

• whoever the better cook. not necessarily a women to cook. both genders need to help each other in stay together

• I didn't pick in the poll. I find joy cooking for someone I care about on an intimate level, so it wouldn't bother me cooking

• Whoever is better at it.

In that case, usually the woman. There are just some things that women are inherently better at.

@JRICHARDS1996 Not always true. I know some women that couldn't reheat leftovers without help. Known plenty of guys who do most of the cooking. Most women are just traditionally brought up to cook more, and therefore often are better. But ironically, in the chef/cook industry, it's male dominated.

I agree with @RJGraveyTrain. Women may be brought up to be better cooks, but I know from experience that men are usually the better cooks.

• I voted for the woman because in my personal relationship I would prefer I do the bulk of the cooking.

That's you personally though

Yes but why does that apply to everyone.

@Touchmehxx Obviously you're not understanding the context of what I wrote, so I'll explain it once and if you insist on arguing with me then I'll just separate myself from this conversation.

1. Question asks who do "I" think should cook more. Meaning this response was me providing MY opinion, of which I have the right to. Opinions are neither right nor wrong, and while I'm certain you love to see the sexism in small statements like these, this is not that. Also your opinion isn't the "right" opinion, it's just a reflection of your personal thoughts.

2. I answered in reference to myself. I specifically said "I voted for the woman because in MY PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP I would prefer..." Meaning that is what I find most desired for myself. My opinion is mine to have and subjective to me. I don't care about other women, and other women's relationships. I care about myself, and my relationship and that is what I want for ME.

• Whichever is best at it. For us, my boyfriend does most of the cooking.

• who ever makes the best food.

• Whoever's better at cooking and has the time.
    In my case, I'd prefer to do the cooking, but I'm just a little traditional like that.

• Whoever enjoys doing it or wants to at the time unless there's some reason the would prevent one or the other from being able to do it.

• the woman... but the guy can cook together with her

• Whoever wants to, is good at it, has the time to, etc...

• why should anyone cook MORE?

• The one who cook the best / have more time to cook. So the women generally since they get at home before.

• I don't know how to cook, but I plan on learning before getting married. I wouldn't mind doing most of the cooking, I would like if he helped though.

• I'm in agreement with @WhiteSteve on this one.

• For me; woman. But watching a man while he's cooking is very hot and men should make us happy sometimes =)

Why woman

Yes for you personally you like to cook.
      But that stuff about the woman's touch, nah.

@Touchmehxx When I come into a home I understand if a woman lives in that home or a man live there alone. That is a "woman's touch". A woman's touch changes that home's aura. I can feel it. But I don't talk about an ordinary woman here. Sometimes a boy's house can be better =) So personally yes though not always but I prefer a woman in the kitchen.

• The person who enjoys doing the cooking the most.

• For my relationship I'd be the one in the kitchen since my boyfriend is prone to burning things and only knows how to make eggs and toast 😂😂😂😂

• whoever enjoys it and/or has time

• Whoever is better at it.

• Whichever is the better cook

• Whoever wants to cook lol

• Who ever can cook or likes cooking.

• whoever can cook better, in this case probably my boyfriend cause i dont know how to cook!^_^

• Whoever is better at cooking and likes it.

• It doesn't matter who cooks. 😊

• More from Girls
    10