Do religious people understand how illogical this is?

I see religious people saying this all the time

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course they do. Which, funny enough, is the whole point behind why religions exist in the first place. People have always preferred to believe in fairy-tales to explain things science wasn't able to do just yet. Many continue to hold onto these fairy-tales or religious beliefs, despite science being able to actually PROVE things nowadays, because... I mean- who wouldn't like to hold onto the completely idealistic idea that when we die, we'll simply go to another 'world' where we can jump around on clouds and do fuck-all 24/7?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm religious and I don't necessarily think that, there is a lot science can't explain and possibly might never be able to including things relating to science that's to advance for our level of knowledge, but that doesn't necessarily mean that just because we can't understand it or explain it that it's religious in nature or that God did it.

To make that claim you would have to have a understanding of both religion, God and science.

and to make the claim that your meme would in most cases be illogical but dissing religion and excluding it as a possibility because you don't believe in it or understand it or can't explain it yourself is also illogical and idiotic.

What Girls Said 8

• This has nothing to do with religion. Its because we experience life a lot differently than other people. Experiences that Science can't explain because it is far too complex for normal human beings. In fact, according to scripture we were NEVER supposed to have all of this knowledge. Our technology and knowledge have been the secrets that we were supposed to know because it is forbidden. And as you can see in todays world, if used incorrectly it kills and destroys people. Plus most of these scientist knows a lot more than they let on, and many of them are not believers anyway. They want to discredit you as a Christian or a true believer. They never bother to really discredit other religions, yet they target monotheistic ones. In fact the belief in God is not a religion. It is a relationship, like a parent to a child.

I love science as a study overall. But anything that goes against God's design and purpose is where the line is drawn. And its worse when other people who are not believers, regardless if their Atheist or something goes ahead a force their views on you and say: "Here! Science proves its this! Not your stupid god and book of fairy tales! Why can't God show himself if he's so real? I can never believe in a God that promotes violence, killing, etc. Let alone a 'go' I cannot see." And every other reasons they want to believe what they believe.

You say its illogical, but that is your opinion. That doesn't stop other people from having faith and hope. That doesn't stop things from happening in this life that we can't understand or always explained. Or him moving in our lives, no matter what people think or feel. In fact God is the one that allows them to 'discover' things. That's his choice. Even when all of humanity mocks him, he knows who is who. Science can't tell what's in your heart, or your soul. They may have mind reading devices one day or other crazy things people can or will invent. But Science is limited. Always have and always will be. Why? Because we aren't perfect, and never have been since the fall of man. Humans are jealous and envious of each other, including God. But that is of another topic I will not discuss because you won't understand it. Just don't group everybody together just because they believe in something or is anti-science and anti-evolution. For not everybody is religious. Also its very offensive, because science also promotes that belief in God is a mental illness. Hopes this answers your question.

weren't supposed to know*

@bjjk069

And carnal minded person will never understand spiritual things. You'll just keep missing things which is right in front of you, and will keep lusting for knowledge you don't even know about and be blinded about it. Because you approaching it the wrong way. Even people of other faiths such as Buddhism as an example understands other spiritual people. So unless you change your way of thinking. I don't believe in God just because it feels right. I was born for him. I know that. Because I am different. I always have been. I had knowledge of things no normal child could have. Hearing his voice, and him guiding me. Telling me things about people, even when they hide things. To feel their pain, their fears, to intuitively know behind facades. These things science cannot do. You can't just feel, you have to know and have discernment in this life. God isn't about feeling. He's about knowing. Just like your fall in love with somebody. And you go by how you feel.

But yet you don't use critical thinking of seeing if that person is even right for you. Instead you jump into sex so quickly, thinking its right. But at the end of the day, that person was not trustworthy. Or you caught a disease that you can't even get rid of, and it may one day effect your future, or get you killed. That right there is irrational. But people do what they want. The world tells you: Follow your heart. But God has never told anybody to that. He said for us to use wisdom and discernment. Another lie is: Do whatever makes your happy. But we are called to be self servant to others not to ourselves. So once again, don't know where you got that notion from. But not all people are the same as I have said. People do have a brain, you know. And know when and how to use it. You have wise people and you have unwise people of every faith, culture and beliefs. No one is better than the other.

• It's pretty illogical but don't diss religion that's also illogical

• Some do, some don't.

• Religious people don't want to know about logic.

• It is not about science... it is about faith. And why do you care? What is it to you?

im sure all the x factor contestants have faith there born to sing yet most of them are still wrong.

@sedrftvgyhujik That is your opinion. But like I stated in my comment. What is it to someone if I have faith? Why do you care? Is it really anyone else's business? No it isn't

• It's true

• *sigh* not this again

• I do believe there's cat god in this universe. And science can't explain it. So i expect religious people do belive the cat god

What Guys Said 10

• I think most people are uneducated about religion. Myself included, I just try to follow the ten commandments and do what I think is good and right.
    I pray every night, and offer my help to those who need it.

I do believe in a God. A creator. I dont think things are created from randomness or coincidence. everything on this earth and in this universe has a purpose.

• "Think less, believe more".

Core of every religion.

• Well you can't blame people, science can't explain almost anything when it comes to humans and this world and how did we get here etc. The evolution theory is just as illogical as the story of God creating the world in 7 days. And both are false so its just about what people choose to believe

Evolution is proven and has happened in our lifetimes. You either understand evolution or you don't. The people who don't "believe" in evolution don't understand how it works.

@bjjk067 Evolution is bullshit, and the irony is that people who believe in the evolution theory are making fun of people who believe God created them on the 6th day, while they believe something thats even more ridiculous.

Evolution works and is observable
      we can sequence the genome of parents and children and see a few new genes not present in the father or mother.
      Its like disputing electricity or the conservation of energy witch some pepole also try to do and they think they can create perpetual motion and string together a bunch of house hold items.

• Actually science can't explain a thing
    And it's always incomplete

I love how materialistic people mock those who don't question everything but ask me to quit questioning everything

I question religion like I do regular claims that sound like their straight out of a fairy tale, have huge logical holes in them , and completely contradict how the world works as we know it.

Id be making the same arguements if it wasn't religion but a guy claiming equally questionable claims.

What makes them the same?

@bjjk067 what makes them the same?
      "huge logical holes in them "

Actually the more science progress the more it teaches us that what we know nothing and a lot of scientific claims are wrong , that's what science shows us , it's always incomplete that's why it's always need refining ,
      We will never see a scientist say : OK we finished science in this topic

• Hahaha. Religious brainwashing at its finest.

• You need a bible

• hahah yeah its stupid.

• It's the height of hubris to believe humanity and their science could... oh nvm lol I dun care

• alright so whats the issue
    cause GOD created all this
    so please whats the issue tell me

• Well I am religious, but I never try to rub my religion on your face. Faith just keeps me going