What would you do if you found out an ex had depression while you guys were dating but they never told you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't blame yourself! Depression often comes from within and there is nothing you could have done at the time any differently to stop it. Depression is cruel and makes people think and believe irrational things that aren't true. You were probably one of the better things in their life and the very fact that you asked this question shows you give a shit about others and their feelings. Don't beat yourself up, you probably were the reason why a good day for them was a good day.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel bummed, but seeing as we aren't together there's little I can do about it. I wouldn't beat myself up over it either.

What Guys Said 6

• They should have told me. I repeatedly asked my ex if they were depressed or needed support and they insisted they were fine. A lot of their behaviour suggested otherwise but you can't force someone.

• Should've told me, could have sorted it out

• Impossible, i would be her boyfriend so i would know if something was up.

• i dont think you know what depression actually is. your SO cannot possible be oblivious to it unless you literally never see each other

• Couldn't care less, they're out of my life.

• depression is not exactly something you can hide tbh

What Girls Said 0