How can liberals be so "open-minded" and "non-bigoted" but call Trump and his supporters every name in the book?

I'm not going to get into politics, my positions, or even be biased. (The best I can.)
I see all the time that liberals are for "equality and rights for everyone." Now how is that so? I go to ANY form of liberal media and read through the comments. Most of them reiterate what Hillary has already said, or come up with any "insult" that's not much of an insult. For example: "drumpf and his supporters are nasty racist bigots. Lack respect for everything and anyone, those deplorables. They can't stand anyone except themselves, horrible bully's they are. I hate people like them so much, I can't wait until Hillary kicks his white trash to the curb once she wins." Like really? How is that not being a bigot or even anything that they're saying? They're literally calling a good portion of Americans horrible words because they don't like the other opinions.

I head over to the comment section of the conservative media and it's usually much less rude. You have people (for the most part) hoping Trump wins and other than that are calling Hillary a horrible person. They don't go into paragraphs trying to insult a large portion of their fellow Americans. They are also the ones called bigots, racists, etc. It's pretty sad to see.

Do you guys feel the same way? What are your opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are hypocrites. They are only open minded with things they approve of.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a couple things:
    - calling ideas horrible is not the same as calling people names.
    - I would agree the left has overused accusations of racism etc. There was an interesting recent article suggesting that after years of democrats squawking that people like Bush or Romney were racist, their accusations are now falling on deaf ears, while trump is... well some days i'm not sure he's actually racist, but he is, without question, pandering directly to xenophobic white nationalists to a much higher degree.
    - finally, i'm vaguely horrified by the extent to which some left leaning sites mock trump's appearance. Yeah, he's an overweight guy with odd hair. There is a -great- deal of hypocrisy in terms of how some people attack him for that.

What Girls Said 4

• Nice DRUMPF-INATOR extension you have there OP.

I'm a big fan of it myself.

• it's freedom of speech :D

• Read about what goes on at Trump rallies and then you'll understand.

What like liberals beating Trump supporters?

• 3d

Gee... how convenient that you picked a site run by black racists.

• 3d

@MajorKrell I asked for citations.

• Everybody is rude and the world is burning.

What Guys Said 13

• i despise trump as a presidential candidate but i haven't said one ugly word as you mentioned above. try to stay above that kind of behavior

• My biggest issue with Trump isn't really his positions on the issues, it's his constant boldfaced lying. In the second debate, he may have lied, but a lot of it was *opinion* so he told fewer lies, but in the first debate he literally lied almost the entire time.

Not only does he lie, but he frequently lies about things where he has been videotaped saying the EXACT opposite. His reaction? He just doubles down on his lies, using the Hitlerian rule that if you lie fast enough and loud enough and often enough, most people will believe you.

• I totally understand where you are coming from - I have being disappointed at the tone of the interaction - I have got to the point where I go agree to disagree but I don't support your candidate if the tone is cordial - I usually respond to loaded questions even ones for Clinton and give a snarky response.

• Because SJW tend to be the opposite of what they themselves preach.

• You're right though. When I saw that story earlier this week about his off-air comments , I realised that a lot of people are jumping on a Trump-hating bandwagon and I had become one of them. I definitely not a supporter, but at the same time I can now see the hypocrisy and bigotry of calling Trump supporters closed-minded etc when I jumped on the bandwagon solely because he said he would build a wall to keep Muslims out (I saw that as a racial attack when it clearly isn't)

• Which comments section, have you seen the comments on IJreview
    Racism, Bigotry, Homophobia,
    People leaving the o out when they type god
    People who hate arabs but don't actually know how to spell it and assume its spelled arribe.

• Because its "progressive" and cool nowadays.

• Hypocrisy of the left. They're zealots with social agenda, Commrade

• Love and tolerance only for people who agree with them.

• Liberals are wankers.

• Bigots being called bigots, is totally consistent with liberalism.
    Racists being called racists is totally consistent with liberalism.

• 4d

And who determines who is a bigot or racist? Some hyper sensitive leftist with a political agenda?

• 4d

@BenignCzar Of course not. But have you ever noticed it's only the people who are actual racist that worry about being labeled with term? "Oh the rules have changed since my day, we used to be able to call a ni--er a ni--er, and that was fine"

Sure thing grand-dad.

• because the republicans do the same to the democrats. it's called mudslinging

• because those people live a double standard.