If a religion says homosexuality is bad/a sin/evil then doesn't that mean the religion itself is bad?

Can't hate a group of people for what they are

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only speak from a Christian perspective although I do know there are other religions that say the same thing. To answer your question, no. The religion isn't bad. God teaches to love the sinner not the sin. You can love and accept someone without accepting what they do. God calls on the weak, the sick, the sinful the bad. God loves all of those people and wishes to save them.

Homosexuality is sinful, but that doesn't mean God doesn't love them. He still loves them, but as with all sin there is a consequence. People can change, and while that might not seem feasible to you, anything is possible through God, and yes that includes changing someone from being homosexual to straight.

It's a ridiculous thought to mankind but God's wisdom and power is unfathomable. As a Christian the best thing you can do is love someone and teach them about God. It's up to the person from that point onward. Nobody can force you to come to God, you have to do it on your own accord. So in the end, we're the ones sealing our fates.

Most Helpful Guy

• that same religion also says a woman who does not obey her husband is to be stoned on the streets

and people still swear by this religion and pronounce it their one and only truth. we live in a sick world

What Girls Said 10

• I agree that religion does a lot of bad in the world, but your logic isn't exactly logical.
    It assumes that a) all religion inherently teaches hate towards homosexuals for "who they are" when in reality religious texts, at least the Bible simply say that homosexuality, among thousands of other choices, is sinful, HOWEVER, those who sin should be respected and loved and urged to repent. It isn't the fault of the religion itself that it's followers interpret that incorrectly.
    It also assumes that b) "what you are" isn't a viable reason for disdain. When "what you are" is literally all you are and all you can offer.
    If someone's a murderer, a rapist, whatever, is it wrong to hate them for what they are? Note that I'm not comparing homosexuality to rape and murder, I'm just giving an example that it's perfectly logical and understandable to hate someone for what they are.

The logical argument to all of this is that it isn't logical to hate someone for something they do or are that is harmless to others. Homosexuality harms no one. And those who hate gays tend to be religious and often misinterpret their religious text which actually commands them NOT to hate homosexuals.

I've said before, the idea that homosexuality is wrong is far more dangerous than homosexuality can ever be. The idea that homosexuality is wrong, regardless of how harmless it may present itself in some people, has still led to the mistreatment, disrespect, physical assault, wrongful jailing, persecution, deprivation of rights, and even murder of millions of people throughout history.
    Not only have people been mentally and physically harmed, they've suffered social persecution and have often been driven to suicide.

I'm going off on a tangent here, but I think it's important to ask those who despise gay people if they think that pain, suffering, murder, and suicide is worse than same sex love and sex.

• No. It means a piece of the religion is bad, not the whole thing. Plus, everything is an opinion. I'm not saying one belief is right or wrong, just that everybody believes different things. If a person had one bad quality, that wouldn't make them a bad person. Everything has its faults.

• Yep.

• Very true man

• Yes religion is bad, they seem to hate a lot.

• If it's biased against a group of people who have done nothing to be they way they are except being born, then yeah, the religion is bad.

• Religion is good, homosexuality is a sin

• Don't know, don't care

• Religion caused too many problems and hate

• Says who? You already know EVERYONE is going to back you bc they wouldn't dare claim absolute truth 😏

What Guys Said 12

• About all religions say that.

• Saying something is sinful and hating aren't exactly equivalent things.

I am not even religious, but this argument is pretty flawed.

• do you know why religion says homos lesbians and masturbation is bad. in the days of religion there was no medicine or hospitals or even safe food or water to drink. so people died by the hundreds! hellooo? tap tap tap. people died of disease and starvation and wars. so religion said that being gay or masturbating was bad. you can't get another man pregnant! nor can you get your hand pregnant! you think there were no fags or dykes in the dark ages or in rome?

Hello tap tap tap. Masturbation doesn't cause disease and heterosexual sex causes STDs too. Religion accepts pedophilia and beastality (at least many do) and disease is pretty easy to catch when you're getting it on with a goat. Don't pretend disease prevention is the reason for this

• Not all religions say that homosexuality is bad so you can't just say religion when ur actually talking about major religions

And actually god tells people to love everyone, so yes homosexuality is bad, but people shouldn't be homophobic cuz thats not love.

nope

What do you mean nope lol

• Sure you can you're premise is wrong. Nazis were the way they were and most of the world hates them. I'm not saying people should hate homosexuals Im just saying that your approaching this from a wrong perspective

• The world will be better off without religion

• Not hating

But a child with 2 fathers or 2 mothers is too brutal

Noone can argue about a family is the best environment for a child

Jesus had two dads. Where's the problem?

@Dimmu
      I know at least one lesbian couple. They raised 5 kids. The kids are very normal.
      I know hetero couples who made a complete mess raising children. Homosexuals would have to try hard to do worse.

@jacquesvol yea you are right

• I think this was asked on the assumption that homosexuality is good.

• only to gay people

• Who cares? Let those believe whatever they want to believe, doesn't mean it's absolutely true. I wouldn't bother with religion anyway, it's a waste of time for me.

• Can be. Depends. Saying something is bad isn't wrong but advocating persecution because people are partaking of the thing that is bad is

• well religious people will tell you that it is a choice.. thats how it gets justified