Those for and against Black Lives Matter?

Which "side" are you on?
And what do you think of this police officers Facebook post

http://fox59.com/2016/10/11/white-officers-facebook-post-after-pulling-over-black-man-for-texting-goes-viral/

1mo OK, it seems people aren't actually reading the question...

Most Helpful Guy

• That is very sad actually, that story is kind of chilling. I am for the ideology of BLM, I support that. I don't want anyone to be afraid of cops and I think their should be justice against any bad/racist cops. I also dislike all the hate in the world right now, it's completely disgraceful, kind of wish peace would come already.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am for the peaceful movement of Black Lives Matter. But just as any other protest, as soon as it gets violent, it can't be supported as strongly, and the message is lost in all the ugliness. But yes, I have total support for BLM.

That story of the police officer and the driver is an all-too-common thing. MOST police officers are just trying to do their job and protect people, but have this bad reputation that precedes them. Sure, everyone is nervous when getting pulled over, or sometimes just seeing a cop in general, but more so for those who are black, as well as Latinos to be honest. The truth is that hate crimes have been happing for years, but we just see it plastered over the media everyday, so it has become an important issue, and I for one think it's a good thing that it is getting people talking about the racist problems we still have in this world.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't believe in it at all because it has done nothing to address the real problems in the black community, which are black on black violence/gangs, drug use, unemployment, and low quality school systems among other things

• I'm for 'Cops, stop shooting black people' and 'Black people, please be submissive to the cop so they doesn't shoot you' and 'Black people, stop killing other black people' matters.

But overall, I think all black people want is to be treated equally and by 'Black lives matter' doesn't mean they think their lives are more important than yours, but rather that black people are discriminated against and wanted to be treated on par and equally as fair as other ethnicities (especially white people).

Just read the officer's tweet. At least the black person was complying and got to keep his life.

• Generally pollice officers suck as do black racists... When pollice do their job wrong they should be held accountable, and when black racists do crazy shit and someone pulls a pump shotgun on them and burns them I don't give a shit.

• it started off with good intentions but got perverted by those wanting to use it as a excuse to do unjust things and get away with it

• It's not about sides. You can be pro-police but also realize what some cops are doing is wrong.

That's true. Even lots of police are like that and hate the bad cops aswel. I think it can be hard for the good ones to speak out sometimes too. Those sorts of jobs make you really close with your colleagues and they're supposed to stick together.

• BLM is a domestic terrorist concept, that wants public opinion to turn against police, so that criminals will have an easier time to commit crime.

• The start of the civil war. Distrust in the system

• For the concept against racial profiling, but I'm against how they're protesting

OK, and what about the police officer in the question?

I respect him. I'm glad he sees the uniform as a job and not an identity

What Girls Said 1

• Against blm because I'm against the destruction of cities.

OK, but the question about the officers Facebook post?