How must death row inmates be feeling when they're about to get executed?

Sure, they are scumbags but I'm going to place myself on their shoes for a brief seconds. An example would be the infamous notorious killer Ted Bundy. The only person that loved him till the end was off course his mother.

How do they actually feel that many people (esp the victim's family) would be happy seeing them dead... that even the state finds them useless to be kept alive. Basically how do they feel about NOT being wanted, knowing everyone hates him/her?

1mo and on top of that... their execution date is approaching and they're only days or hours away

Most Helpful Guy

• Each person is different.

Why don't you read what they have to say...

http://www.goodbyewarden.com/

537 Death Row inmates have been executed in Texas since 1982.
    These are their last words...

ABOUT:
    1,390 death row inmates have been executed in the United States since capital punishment was re-authorized in 1976. 537 were put to death in the state of Texas alone.

This page is not intended to glorify or denounce the accused. It is not intended to promote or criticize any religion. Rather, it is simply intended to explore the mindsets of 537 human beings who faced certain, unavoidable death.

for a couple seconds, I was able to see him as a human being upon reading their final words.

them

What Guys Said 11

• Not sure how a convicted person about to be executed feels. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer in the fall of 1998. On the day I had surgery I was told I may not survive the procedure of removing the tumor. If I did survive it I would not live much longer.

I had time to prepare to die and was ready for it. When I found out I was going to live I actually was pissed as I had a peaceful feeling inside me that was ready to move on to whatever is next. On top of that I had to prepare my family and friends for my death. My friends even had a "going away" party for me lol

To have a room full of victims watch a convicted criminal die, I believe, does not really much matter to the convict. What he is most likely thinking about are those who love him and those he loves.

• Incredibly sad. Just imagine how people who are innocent feel.

True and I can't imagine that. If I were wrongly convicted and sentenced to death, I would be beyond pissed off. In that case, my last words would probably be "I want to my family to know I love you and as for the justice system, screw all of you (giving them two birds)".

• They aren't all scumbags, some aren't even guilty. And many victim's family members are opposed to capital punishment.

I don't even hate the guilty ones. I wonder what horrors they endured growing up, what unlucky combination of genes and circumstance put them there.

• How do people feel when their doctor tells them it's time to say farewell to their family? (knowing that these are just waiting to inherit.)

• Why don't you write to some and ask them?

• I don't know. But I do know that not everyone on death row is actually guilty.

I'm referring to the real guilty inmates that really commited their crimes and their execution date is approaching.

• dont know about them, but if i was one of them, i'd be happy as hell. i'll start to cry because i couldn't handle all the happiness and excitement at once.

• These kinds of people dont think like you or I, they are not human and dont have love or compassion in their hearts, they will say anything or do anything if it means getting out.

• It could be worse in Japan your not told the date of your execution so you have to wake up ever day thinking it's your last

• The preacher talked to me and he smiled.

Saying come and walk with me, and we'll walk one more mile...

• It sucks to be them. The worst are those that are wrongfully imprisoned in death row or those that are accused and wrongfully executed when they really are innocent.

What Girls Said 2

• Being they have been on Death Row, as you Know, for many years here, Dear... They have already Faced it, Accepted it, made Peace Hopefully with God and May Sweat it out at other Times while Existing in this Long Line.
    However, when it Comes Closer to "D" Day, and even Some, hun, have Asked for their Governor to Commute their Sentence with a Stroke of a Pen, when it Comes time to Go to their Maker, If it is Denied, which many Times it is, they are asked What they want for their last Meal and Well... I couldn't Eat a Bite if I know I was going to Die.
    I don't Think it then Phases them.
    Good luck and Great question, Which I have too Wondered myself. xx

• I'm sure regret for what they've done.