Why do so many more women hit on me now that I have a wedding ring?

Most Helpful Girl

• You reek of commitment.

Women want a man to commit to them. You are married. You have committed. You are a type of man who commits. The hypocrisy of hitting on a man who has already committed is lost on these women.

Like... they want a man to commit to them and not be unfaithful. But they have no issue making him unfaithful so he can commit to them instead.

Even though by making him cheat on his current woman... that kind of renders him unacceptable really. They want him to be loyal to them but apparently see no issue in him being disloyal to someone else. Even though once a cheater... always a cheater.

It's very strange.

I wonder if us single guys should start wearing a rings in public to get more interest.
      seams sort of ironic to pretend your taken to generate more interest.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called pre-selection. It's in a woman's brain to like what other women want. So you being married means a woman wants you and now other women are gonna want you. They can't help it its just natural to them.

What Girls Said 10

• They think it's safer... maybe > so it can just be fun, there isn't going to be anything actually physical happening...

OR

They're one of those women who have terrible sense of self worth and measure it by seducing the harder to seduce men...

• People want what they can't have.

• You're safe.

• Some women are low if they hit on you despite knwing you are taken

• Forbidden fruit <3 LOL
    But hoes gonna hoe

• It's something they can't have so they have to try

• Women want what they can't have

• It's weird. Guys do it too. Don't know why people do that. Who would even want somebody who just showed you they're a cheat anyway, so why chase. Some guys will even try bad mouth the actual partner.

• Women like being better than other women, so if they can get a married man they'll believe they are better than their wives.

Including yourself?

Well, some are lying, I assume. Most people don't want to admit to something wrong that they've done.

Makes sense to me

• because its nice and easy

What Guys Said 15

• Preselection. Same reason if you really want to have success with women at the bar/club, you hire a smoking hot escort to go with you, flirt, sit on your lap, maybe kiss your neck, and then fuck off once every bitch in there has seen this.

They see one woman giving you attention and that suddenly means you're 'worthy' of their attention. And women want what other women have.

• not sure. i've definitely experienced the same. and even more so after i had my daughter.

the only thing i can sort of ascertain is that perhaps the fact that a guy displays that he is willing to make a commitment to one person perhaps that other women find that highly attractive. this of course has a major flaw that if a committed guy were to act on be hit on then clearly he is not all that great at commitment

• they probably wanna corrupt you x)

• They figure you have some quality or qualities that are so desirable some other woman was willing to commit to you, and that makes you worth having.

They also use it to boost their own ego, hoping that they are so hot and alluring as to be able to tempt a man away from his wife.

• I have never understood that either

• You have money, the ability to commit, and are probably disease free. Another woman has pre-screened you for her, and now she gets to fight that woman with your stuff as the prize.

• Is that true? Im gonna wear one too then.

• I have the same problem like where was thesi legions of hot twenty somethings when I was single lol

• Women have ego issues.

• Bitches. Enough said.

• Some people are attracted to what they can't have.

• You better resist the temptation 💯

• Hmm really? I should get one.

• Stolen Apple is more delicious

• Experienced the same thing, most guys I know did.

I think the biggest reason is social proofing. The ring means you're not some basement dwelling loner, or a sad virgin. You're not a commitment phobe. it makes you look like a grown up. You probably have a job, willing to commit, know how to fuck to some extent, not totally crazy. That's the main thing

For some, it's a 'safe flirting' perhaps.

For others, they want something NSA and have found married guys best for that.