What are your thoughts on online dating or tinder?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I have tried both, online dating and tinder, and had bad experiences. For the online dating it was a catfish story for most of my experiences, and the person ended up being someone totally different from their profile pic and lied about a lot of stuff. My tinder experience which was once, had me with a person that was totally opposite from what she presented herself to be. We kicked it off good from the beginning but it ended up going downhill in a matter of days. In my opinion, I would stick to regular dating, that way both you physically see and interact right there and then, versus building up a relationship then getting your hopes crushed when you finally meet in person. Then again, there are genuine people that are out there online and tinder, but finding them or them finding you is rare. To those that have found genuine people, that's awesome, keep the spark alive in your relationship.

What Girls Said 22

• i once went on a date with a guy i met online... and, 2 years later, am still with him. we've met each others' families, and marriage is definitely in our future.

we were just normal folks in our late 20s, working way too many hours to "go out and meet people". so we talked for a month on the site (we used okcupid) before meeting in-person, and we've been inseparable ever since.

yes, online dating can be dangerous if you aren't careful. but there are things you can do, to ensure your safety:

1) always meet in a public place where people can see you (we went to a coffee shop in a high-traffic area near my apartment);

2) tell someone where you're going to be, who you're with, and around what time they can expect you home (before leaving, i left the above details with my roommate and, when it was clear that things were going well, i sent him an 'i'm fine but i'll be out later than planned' text);

3) don't go to someone's house on a first date- i usually won't even get in a car with someone i don't know well, but my man was the exception).

i'm sure other people will add to this. but, if you play your cards right, you can meet some really awesome people online.

This is wonderful advice! My situation was very similar and it makes me happy that others have had luck 😊

that would be hilarious; but alas, neither profile exists. we deleted them immediately following that date, though i saved our chat log before deleting the account... maybe someone could read that out loud? lol.

😂😂 DO IT DO IT DO ITTTTTTT

I went to a wedding some years ago, for the first woman I ever knew who met a man online (on a site called "LavaLife"... a LONG time ago, she met him around 2002 or so). Second marriage for both of them, they're still super happy together.

They read the profiles *and* first couple messages for both of them... It was so cringe ahaha. Although cute.
      Basically, she was super awkward (and still is)... and the dude had no game (and still doesn't)... but, their awkwardnesses just matched up SO PERFECTLY (and still do). It was actually super adorbs.

• Lots of haters on this question! I met my boyfriend of 3 years on Tinder and we're both incredibly happy 😊

• Online dating is something that I find dangerous. You never know who's behind the screen and if they're serious or just looking for sex.
    However, if they're real, it might work for some people.
    I don't know about Tinder, because I've never tried. But I heard that most people use it just to get laid.

• Hiding behind screens, showing people only what you want them to see, false advertisement, dangerous and desperate. find a real person in real life.

• I met my man on POF. We only talked online for a few days before we actually met and eventually fell in love. But let me say I met more jerk that lied about who they were then the few good ones I met. So you definitely have to deal with a lot of bs with online dating.

• Personally I'd never date a guy online. Most people are pursuing other people too, so theyll not be reliable. It's difficult to build your trust with someone online. I'd never reserve a place in my life for some online. It's extremely rare anything comes of it.

I'd rather be patient and wait for a guy in real life than settle for a " virtual " guy. That's just me though. Everyone's different

• I hate the idea. I want something spontaneous. I can't be attracted to a "profile".

• A good way to raise your odds of finding someone you're more compatible with.

• Trash.
    "Dating online vs dating for real" is just like "masturbating vs making love"

• A waste of time lol
    I better stay on gag

• tried it for a few months - not a fan
    i prefer the spontaneity and mystery of meeting and getting to know someone in real life

• haven't used it

• Used to do it.
    Got a lot of matches but after one date with someone on tinder, I deleted it.

• not a fan of it tbh

• I'm obsessed

• Well I've never tried tinder. But I have done online dating. It hasn't ended well for me most the time. But rn I am currently in a online relationship, my friend is also cx. Also atlesst this time I found someone in my country

• never used it

• Those apps can be useful, I'm open minded about online dating

• I think its weird I think you'll most likely never find someone normal but who knows?

• haven't you heart? online dating is the NEW dating. Guys don't really approach women anymore and like the ease of online dating.

^^ So then... if you want a guy who goes after what he wants, without wanting it to be "easy"... basically avoid online dating, then?

a decent # of women will want to fuck them based off that alone (yes, that totally happens)... but who would end up marginalized in social situations (parties, bars, etc) because they don't have as much of a "presence" in bigger groups.

I've never done online dating myself, but, I make some of my living working with younger fitness models... and a lot of the male models are guys who *first* got into the fitness thing BECAUSE they weren't that socially successful, and wanted that extra bump. I tend to become an "accidental life coach" to a lot of these guys -- I mean, I have the sort of personality that just makes people want to shit their deepest most personal secrets all over my face right away... always have -- so, I get a front-row seat to their dating successes and failures.
      Lots of the male fitness models who wouldn't do too well with women in a packed bar or party (because they're too quiet, or seem too unsure of themselves, or... whatever) absolutely *clean up* online.

@redeyemindtricks

Yes, I'm fully aware that's how it usually works in online dating, which is why I stay away from it (I don't think I'm ugly but I can't compete with the male models on tinder with their perfect six pack on the beach photos), but it also means that if a guy who's not a male model types lands you he has to be something special, that's what I meant.

• Mmmm not sure it for me, but I know a handful of people who met on Tinder and have been together for a while now, they're all in serious relationships. I'm not saying the fact that it's serious means it's better, to each their own, but some people questions if serious relationships could be found on there instead of one night stands and I'm here to tell you it has for those people I know. One even is getting married so soon:) it's a cool place, you just never know! Always be careful though and be smart. Heard much more good than bad.

• People on those apps are usually too socially awkward to function in the real world. I met some guys from one of those and none of them were completely sane, and I'm pretty sure one of them was married.

What Guys Said 17

• I've just started it up like a week ago. Have had lots of matches, only a few message back. I personally don't like texting, it feels so crappy, but some people are really good at it. I prefer to talk in real life so the quicker I can get a girls phone number or Skype, the better lol. It feels nice to get matches, even if not all of them are the most attractive women on earth, I'm not either so I can't cry. I don't even know if I really want to meet a girl tbh. I have my eyes set on a girl I know from class at the moment but it feels nice to have a backup plan or something. It's almost like a catalogue of women to choose from and you are both always in the same state of looking for some kind of relationship, so it's nice that you don't have to go through "hmm does she have a boyfriend or not?" lol.

• Don't do it if you're a guy, unless you're exceedingly good-looking and this shows in your pictures. It's even going to make you feel worse than not trying to date at all. If you do manage to scoop up something online the quality is almost always going to be worse than what you could have gotten offline.

• Kind of takes everything out of dating don't you think? just seems so horrible fake and manufactured.

I like things to happen naturally by chance, not because someone read my profile.

• Don't know about Tinder but online dating in general a complete waste of time. Most people don't take it seriously at all. At least a waste of time for men. Women I think can have more success if they want it.

• It's a good idea if you have a busy schedule and have anxiety or shy to get your foot in the door, but again it's hard to trust if the person online is playing you for a fool or honest at all. I haven't really had much success for any long term relationship on tinder, but if your looking for casual dating tinder might be for you.

• It's brutal as a guy, unless you're naturally just attractive. Go into it without expectations that you will succeed.

Not only do you have to be quite attractive, you also need awesome pictures and "success" is defined as scoring some chick you would be lukewarm about if you had met her offline.

• Basically some people like it and some don't - Personally I find it a bit uncomfortable

• Online dating is hard for guy's unfornately.

• Try to avoid it as much as possible.. I'd rather the experience of going up to someone and asking them on a date..

Despite my inability to do that..

• it's ok, cause we got internet and social media now. So why not use those for love

• I think that it's another avenue you could potentially meet "the one" with. And in my opinion, it's good to keep your avenues open. Just don't focus completely on online dating, the person you're looking for could be right under your nose.

• not a gud idea

• I prefer GAG dating. 💕👌😀

• Go for it

• just make sure the person is who they said they are

• I met my girlfriend online and we have been together for a little over 3 years

• What is online dating? Does it lead to real dating?