Why is my mom mad at me for going to the library?

I went to the library today to get books and work on my article. The problem is, is that my mom came home for lunch today and saw I was gone. She wasn't too happy about that. I told her I went o work on schoolwork , I did no such thing. I got books and finished my article for the newspaper. There is only so much time that I can stay in this house with my parents and younger brother and not go insane. Plus if I stop going to the library, the people who work there call to see if I'm okay. Why can't they understand that I need space from them?

1mo Lately I have been mad at my parents because I thought they give my brother more freedom than me. While I was checking the bank statement today, I found unauthorized purchases by my brother and they FINALLY cancelled the credit card they gave him. Life is good.

Most Helpful Guy

• she's too controlling. Im sorrry to say that. But you are 19 you areold enough to do whatever you want and not have to answer to her for it. By the way that is awesome your library checks up on you to see if you're ok since you're a regular visitor there.

Yeah I'm a regular there. It's pretty awesome.

I used to go to mine often when I had a car because that is where wewould hold our Bernie Sanders campagin meetings. plus It was a great place to escape when you need time alone

looks like karma caught up with him

Most Helpful Girl

• Its too much control. You need your space. Its not like your out drinking, partying and not coming back home for days. Your doing something educated and productive. I wouldn't have no complaints about that. What your doing is important. Your going to need to have a real serious talk with your mom and sit her down, because that is too much. Or else your going to have to save up money to move out. It is getting out of control. This can effect your grades. I can't live like that either. At least you have your own room, I never had my own room and moved into one fully until last year.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as you live with your mother she'll seem weird to you - when you move out she'll become a lot more sane to you

• After following you and reading your questions for a pretty long time now..
    Your moms messed up
    I'm sorry
    I understand, I live with severely messed up people
    Best of luck to you always

• Meh, she'll get over it. There are much worse things you could have been up to. Keep learning! Knowledge is power!

• your mom is controlling

What Girls Said 1

• Fair enough, I understand where you're coming from, my mum dislikes me catching the bus into the city in broad daylight, she tries to talk me out of it.
    Controlling parents suck!

@ginny_weasley I remember reading about your brother and the credit card a while ago, he sounded completely irresponsible so glad things turned out I guess.