My Female Bunny Has A Red Swollen Genitalia?

I have a male rabbit constantly trying to mount her. He is not fixed. Her private parts seem to be red and swollen What could be the cause of this

Most Helpful Guy

• This, from Rabbit Reproduction: The rabbit does not show regular estrus cycles: that is, recurring periods of sexual desire. Ovulation in the female rabbit is induced by mating and occurs approximately 10 hours after the female is bred. When sexual activity begins, the follicles on the ovary remain active for 12 to 16 days if the doe is not fertilized.
    So it's not that she's in heat. Rabbits can get their own form of STD. Get her checked by a vet.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's in heat. Lmao someone's going to make a comment about me... I already know.

What Guys Said 7

• She's in heat

• Sounds like she is experiencing estrus aka "She's in heat." She's ready to get... it... on... with Mister Bunny.

• @Autumn-Bunny you have any ideas?

• she's in season and showing him she's ready to play hide the sausage with him

• Did u neuter/spay them?

no I think I'm gonna get the male neutered. I would like to breed them at least once. but rabbits have a lot of litters so I think getting one of them fixed would be the best bet. How much does neutering a bunny usually cost?

ok just wondering

K good luck

• She's in heat and they are mating,
    Hopefully she doesn't get preggers

• Stop raping him every night you sicko!!

What Girls Said 2

• She's in heat or, rather, ready to mate. It's normal.

• Probably as he's always mounting her?