Why do people blame the victim?

Like if a girl complains a guy treated her badly.

She must not be pretty enough. She must not be that smart.

No one respects her.

Why do people think like this? I wonder if there's even some truth to their thinking. Maybe the guy treated her badly because well he's a big fat JERK?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think most people think like that. If they don't know either party, they generally don't have an opinion. If they do know one or both, their opinion is usually based on what they think of the person - if the girl is a drama queen in other areas of her life, they probably blame her. If she is nice and easy to like, or if the guy is known as a d-bag, they would blame him.

What makes you think the girl is always blamed?

Like when I was in school for example, this guy kept picking on me. This girl kept trying to get under my skin saying stuff like, "Yeah because guys are rude to you and stuff I'm sure you don't like it here."

I know she was just being a bitch, but it's actually crazy. Lots of women think like this. and men do too.

How many beautiful girls come home in tears because someone did or said something mean to them? Few. So people just assume there's something wrong with the girl if something does happen to them.

I don't think you can judge real life by what happens in HS. Anyway, I suspect a lot of beautiful girls come home in tears. Other people's lives aren't always like we imagine them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love, I am sure not everyone acts like this but I am sorry for the people that have said these things or acted like this. It is not always the case, but it does pop up. they may not be blaming the victim but maybe only blaming that confusion as to why it had happened in the first place, that tends to be something that I see a lot they may not be blaming the victim but maybe only blaming that confusion as to why it had happened in the first place, that tends to be something that I see a lot.

I am sorry if you have been treated badly by any guy, that isn't right. I believe that if a man treats a woman wrongly, he is not a man. And the same, if a woman mistreats a man, she is not a true woman. All people in general should have respect and care for one another. I have no respect for neither man nor woman that mistreats their significant other. But I do not feel that all men are like this. Maybe just the few that you've come in contact with. There are 8 billion people on this planet and around half of them are men. They are not all big fat jerks. I hope you find the right man, God has a plan. Don't worry Too much.

What Guys Said 15

• Because literally everyone wants to be a victim. So people get tired of everyone claiming they're a victim and finally say "Shut the fuck up, you probably deserve it."

• Because people are weak, stupid, lacking empathy, and incapable of thinking beyond the surface level of most things.

• because the girl always decides on and chooses who she ends up with. and yet they tend to pick whats wrong for them and not whats good. girls tend to fall for the players (bad) instead of the nice guys. (good)

I don't mean it in a romantic way. ANY guy who treats a girl badly, it would be the girl's fault

no, not at all.

• Because there are people who suffer from Stockholm syndrome and some are aware enough to know that it's bad and others aren't but, from an outside perspective its easy to make the assumption that they are the problem.

• It's not blaming the victim.

It's telling the victim to improve him or herself so they don't become a victim again.

• Why do women play the victim?

It's his fault she's in a relationship with him. It's his fault she's overly emotional. He's forcing her to stay in the relationship.

He never respects her.

Why do women think like this? I wonder if there's even some intelligence to their thinking. Maybe she just has mental and emotional issues.

• What you are talking about is called victim blaming and it's not ok nobody man or woman should be blamed for being a victim.

If there is a guy, ANY guy and he treats her badly, whether it be a man or a boy, the girl is assumed to be not good enough because people assume a pretty girl will be treated well by everyone.

So in conclusion there are assholes that will blame women for being mistreated but most people agree that it is wrong?

If a girl treats a guy badly she's a bitch.

If a guy treats a girl badly, she's not pretty enough and not worthy of respect.

THat is the way people look at the scenarios. True story. Sad world we live in

• People like to blame other people for no reason

• I can't say I've ever seen such a scenario.

• Because she is stupid enough to not leave an abusive relationship

Who said this is about a relationship between a man and a woman.

It is about ANY man treating a girl or woman badly

yes lol

Hahahhaha I don't know how did i guess it right but ok. Its to be expected. I heard indian guys has it hard than indian girls so I don't know what you be talking about.

• That's ridiculous. I don't believe your scenario is realistic, so the context of your question renders it pointless. I call BS that people will think tend to like that.

• Because it really is the woman's fault most the time

Or a weak insecure man.

@KiaTate Women over exaggerate, just look at the gossip they spew

• Because who in their right mind who actually admit to abuse?

• only women blame female victims... men NEVER do that... And the WHOLE WESTERN WORLD blames and ignores male victims. Men are victims of this phenomenon too. Men are the biggest victims BY FAR.

Also most rape cases are fake as fuck

• If a guy treats a girl badly what is she a victim off? Why do everyone what to be a victim?

She is a victim of obvious disrespect

Well a girl treated me badly once, am I a victim?

What Girls Said 3

• In certain cultures, women are already get blamed to be born. I know it's harsh but that's the truth.

• It's much easier than addressing the problem.

• Because they identify with the perpatrator.