Women get uglier faster than men?

i saw my older sisters friend at the store today. she's 28 and man did she age really badly. i know just one example doesn't prove a rule. but people say that dont they? that men age more gracefully than women? men get hotter as they age and women get uglier... so unfair.

• yes women get uglier faster
  • no men get uglier faster
  • no theyre the same

Most Helpful Guy

• Women often take better care of themselves than men do so 'age' slower. Though that's very individual.

However the impact of signs of aging on women is much more significant. Or you could say that lookomg youthful is a much bigger boost for women than for men.

As an example, plenty of women don't like when men have a touch of grey on their hair. Plenty are indifferent. Some like it. I've literally never heard a man say he -likes- a little grey hair on a woman. (Many older men don't mind much).

Most Helpful Girl

• Unhealthy people get uglier than the helathy people. It's not about gender

What Guys Said 23

• I don't think men get vetter with age. After 25 or so men start to decline toom

However, I do think women tend to age worse. I remember seeing a study that womens skin ages more quickly. Also another aspect is that a lot of women's beauty is dependent on "soft features" like perky breasts, firm butt, and smooth skin with just the right ammount of fat.. That balance is really hard to maintain with age.

Mens attractiveness is more dependent on lean hard muscle which is a challenge to maintain but still more doable than women being able to maintain that smooth, firm perkiness of her youth.

Men also have more things to offset whatever they lose in physical attractiveness, like wealth/status.

The one thing that I think really fucks men over is baldness /receeding hairline. If that could be solved, men would have even more of an advantage when it comes to aging.

Yep a receding hairline is a big annoyance.
      Though id also say lean muscle is hard to mantine as you age especially if you work in front of a desk.

It can be cured already but it's just expensive and requires surgery other than that there are temporary fixes like hairpieces and hair fibers.
      My hairline has already starting to go back and thin i actually tried hair fibers which help make it look thicker sort of halfway between where it use to be and is now.
      There are various ideas being worked on to grow hair and make the small hairs you can't see larger.
      In an ideal world which i hope we live to see we would all get to keep out looks.

hair surgery can easily be 10k + sort of money currently

• I think it depends more on if the person takes care of their body and skin. Lots of sun will make skin look older, especially people with fair skin. A healthy diet makes a big difference. Also being thin and calorie restriction slows aging and prevents disease. I'll just post a link for that because I doubt many people will believe it
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/361.full
    Even fasting and low oxidizing diets help.

• I think women are more easily being victim to a bad lifestyle.

For example compare 30 years old smokers with each other and it usually has affected the woman more than the man.

I've never smoked in my life.

@Vesuvius87 lol what do you even mean?

I have noticed some females seem to be affected by smoking more than men. Like both having smoked for 10 years too.

• The old saying goes "men age like fine wine while women age like milk". And it's true!

• There are deluded men out there that don't want to admit their tour is over but yes it's known that men to age more gracefully than women.

• Yup, it gets worse at 29 and beyond, but specifically at 34+

• Whatever the age , women will always be more desired than men. The vast majority of men are NOT desired / considered desirable by women at all , we just suck it up & deal with it , therefore men have to put serious effort into making themselves potentially desirable. Ladies , don't beat yourselves up !! It depends on your lifestyle how rapidly you age.

• We can appear to age a bit better on average as we tend to have slightly thicker skin so don't get wrinkles quite as fast
    and because other guys do less to cover gray hair up so it's more accepted
    We do however bald a lot more easily and there are some women who have aged very well.
    Also health wise you generally age better and live a few years longer.
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...er-50_n_1154571.html
    www.google.co.uk/search
    The rest of your genetics as a whole play a much biger role in how well you age.

there's not actually that much in it and staying healthy and the rest of your genetics have much more of an effect.

• It is true that men get better with age while women usually decline

• We all change in looks it's the lifestyle we live
    cigarette smoking , drinking, drugs , hard life living
    yes it does happen.

• I don't think that's the case. It would be more accurate to say that a man's prime comes later than a woman's.

• Yea all that make up ruins the skin through time.

• It should not be so bad these days as it used to be, because there are less people smoking cigarettes, smoking causes premature skin aging, particularly in women.

• It's called theWALL for a reason. Nature in it's infinite wisdom is the beholder of such blessed schadenfruede. It can be overcome to a degree with exceptional attention to nutrition and exercise but considering the discipline of the average twat, most will be simply invisible to men by the time their mid 20's and straight up hambeasts. #NofatCHICKS#brocode4life

• Thats why I won't marry D;

• Women wear make up and that has a long term effect on their health.

• Yup! That's a problem I'm having right now. Most of the women my age are now obese and have turned butt ugly while I'm still looking good at my high school weight. Go figure?

• Yeaaa that happens but it's not 100% true :-)

• Some women age very well; but then I'm older, so I figure my perspective changes as I age.

• I have seen women now from high school who are hotter now at 50, then they were at 17 :)

• This is why I laugh at women who are picky because they are on clocks

• All of the females in denial
    We never said getting older wasn't good geez

• I'm not gonna lie, yes. Women are fragile. Just gain few weight, or just take the make up off, or even just become older.. They lose a few points in general

What Girls Said 14

• Not really tbh, men lose all their hair and are just as prone to get wrinkles and become fat as women if they don't take care of themselves as they age.
    That's really all there is to it, take care of yourself, your skin, your diet, etc. and you'll age well. If you see people who aged badly it's mainly to do with bad habits/personal choices but certainly not with their gender and not with their genetics either. In my country men and women age really about equally well/bad depending on how you view it because people here tend to be very physically active.

• yea cause man don t have to go through a lot of body modifications like pregnancy and menopause

• Women in my family still look really good in their 40's. I don't know if it's the Mediterranean genes or something but I did notice that many women here in France look older than they're age (Face-wise, their body is still hot even 60+ because they're healthy).
    I think it depends a lot on ethnicity and lifestyle and genetics.
    My answer is: Not always. Many women who are the same ages as their husbands look better and younger. Many guys start losing their hair and start having beer bellys etc, the ones who age like wine are a minority.

• Nope.

It really just depends on the individual, not the gender.

Plenty of dudes end up fat, balding, etc. Whereas there are plenty of hot older women. I think it just depends on a combination of how much you take care of yourself and genetics.

• I wouldn't say they get "uglier" faster, but women do tend to age quicker. But aging doesn't automatically cause ugliness.

• They're the same, it really depends on the person. You can google many women who have aged so beautifully

• It depends on the diet, and lifestyle.

• No...

• It depends on your lifestyle , like your job, your diet, your habits.

• Many times a woman may change faster in looks because she give ups the ghost.
    Mental health, Menopause, Weight problems, whatever.
    Affects them differently than a man, who may be able to stand stronger, mentally and physically.

• No, men get ugly too. They just don't think they do. Their belly doesn't look good, some start getting moobs and receding hairline by 30 etc.
    Either way, a 50 year old woman who takes care of her body will get A LOT more interest than a 50 year old man who does the same. My mother is 60 something and doesn't really take care of her body and is still always getting hit on.

Nowadays is better for aging anyway. For men and women. Not so long ago, you'd expect all 30+ men to have bad hairlines, pot belly etc and all 30+ women to have bad skin and be out of shape. Nowadays, everybody looks good longer if they don't party way too hard in their teens and twenties. Lifestyle counts for a lot, obviously genetics too, but lifestyle is big.

• I wouldn't say uglier, but honestly I think that women's bodies suffers quite a lot just with hormones, menstruation, pregnancy... despite living longer, dunno if we live better. Also today's lifestyle it's good for equality and all but it will take its toll, with having to go to work despite your body not being up to it, birth control for the females who take that, etc. Also especially if you drink a lot.
    Imagine if women were to follow the exact same diet as of a regular guy.

• It varies by person. I look at some of the guys I crushed on in high school now and they look haggard, bald and fat. Same for women.

And vice versa.

Living a healthy lifestyle is the biggest difference. People I know who even experimented with meth look 10+ years older, for an extreme example.

Food, exercise, sun exposure, sleep, stress - all of these contribute.

rather than the vampier approach

I mean, if that works for you... by all means, try it :)

• Yea white women do why you think the aging creams aimed at them.