Do you think it's a bad idea for a 16/17 year old to get a tattoo?

Do you think that's too young to get a tattoo? I've wanted tattoo's since I was little and I've wanted full leg tattoo's since I was 14. If I were to get a tattoo, my first one would be roses and thorns on my side/thigh. Is it a bad idea?

(I am aware I need parental consent to get a tattoo.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think tattoos detract from a girl's attractiveness, so I prefer they never get one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think as long as the tattoo has meaning and you've wanted it for at least a year then it is probably safe to get it. I got my first tattoo when I was 17.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Nah everybody needs tattoos so we can be tracked. It's just common sense.

• Yes. Yes it is.

• okay, why do you say that?

• Scars don't disgust me, as they could have happened from an accident of some sort. It's not their fault. Earrings are completely fine by me, as they are socially accepted. Piercings anywhere but your ears are not okay to me. They ruin your body the same way tattoos do and they are dirty very quickly. I used to be okay with dying hair and sort of still am now, but I just look at these kind of people now knowing that they're 'this type of people' again. Often thinking they are wanting to be a special snowflake with their blue hair.

• Well, everyone has their own opinion. What I am getting from what you're saying is you prefer more traditional, reserved girls (girls?). Which is a-okay, as everyone prefers their own type of people, but would you stop things like tattoos or piercings keep you from being friends with someone?

• No, there's nothing wrong with that. What does the rose and thorns symbolize out of curiosity?

• it's kind of a typical answer, but I've been through some bad shit in my life and it represents to me that with all things good, comes some bad, but it's the bad things in life that make you cherish the beauty.

• well thank you!

• You're welcome ^_^

• no i dont my sister got one

What Girls Said 3

• For me it would have been. Just speaking from personal experience, I like far different things now than I did when I was 16, or even from just a year ago. But there are things that I have liked consistently. My personal rule for things like this is to wait a while and then see if I still like that thing, and then do it if I still do. That said, roses and thorns are an aesthetic that's pretty common and pretty pervasive, so not something you're as likely to grow out of. I'd say consider it for a while, maybe ask other people's opinions of the design you want, stuff like that, just to make sure it's not just something you like in the moment. Also fyi I know there's places that make custom temporary tattoos, so if you want to get one of those and wear it for a while just to see if you like the look of it you could do that too.

• I got my 1st tattoo at 17, but it was a tribal tattoo, a tattoo every girl in the family gets when turns 17.

• I don't think it's bad, although I believe that you have to be over 18 to get a tattoo (where I'm from). I think you should just be aware that this is a permanent mark on you

• My sis got her first tattoo at sixteen, she just needed permission, so you CAN get one, it's just a matter of should you. and thank you!