Is it normal/healthy to fear failure?

Most Helpful Girl

• No one wants to fail and each of us is afraid of it, that's normal.
    But not a single person have achieved success without overcoming this fear.
    So.. It is doable.
    You will not afraid of failure if you look at it as one more step to the success. The more you fail, the more strong you get.
    And one day, you will get what you wanted, thanks to all of these failures you were afraid of.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if it inspires effort to succeed, not if its crippling.

And learn how to handle failure, its impossible to always succeed, making it a part of success. It's possible to always be mediocre, but you don't want that or you wouldn't be concerned about failure. It's like battles in a war, or being a batter in baseball. Accept and plan for handling it if it occurs at some point in you "Life Plan", as a Project Manager does.

No prob dude, good luck.

Tks, good luck.

What Girls Said 12

• I feel like that is a completely normal of a situation

• I would say it's normal. No one likes to make mistakes.
    But I don't think it's healthy. You might lose your confidence and become a overthinker.

• Normal? Of COURSE! :)

Healthy? Not really... :/

• In moderation, of coarse. Obsessing over it will distract you from achieving greatness at those moments.

• For me it is, I'm afraid of failure. But as long as you don't give up in life you're winning. You have to fall 200 times before getting back up.

• yes. but the fear should not overwhelm you.

• Yes but overcoming your fear is the greatest feeling, especially when it's failure. No one wants to fail but it's about how you pick ur self up afterwards that matters.

• Of course

• Yes, of course! Fear of failure is a human trait, especially to perfectionists and people with anxiety disorder. If you worry excessively you may want to seek a therapist, because this can cause complications with your everyday life.

i absolutely do fear it excessively.. its like out of contol

You may want to see a therapist to help. This fear can help in small doses but excessively it can ruin jobs and personal relationships.

i agree with you.. maybe ill look into a therapist around here. thanks for your input. i appreciate it

• Yes it is

• To an extent, yes.

• Depend on much you fear it. If yu think of it a lot and lack of sleep then it's not

What Guys Said 12

• Normal? Yes. Healthy? No.

• Yes off course. It is one of the main reasons why we excist as a human beings. If we didn't fear failure, we would do a lot of stupid things and wouldn't asses situations accordingly before making a decision.

• There's no shame in fear, only in letting it rule you. Harness your fear to your own advantage as a source of motivation.

• Yeah of course. Well unless you are rich and don't have to worry about these things. Anyone who said other wise I wouldn't believe them. Some people might be better at hiding it, or denying it.

• Failure is part of life and that's how most people learn from their mistakes/failures.

• Everyone fears failure.

• Failure benfits you more than success

• I sure think so, but at the same time, you can't have success without a chance of failure. If there was never a chance of failure, then trust me, you didn't win anything.

i hear you.. my fear of failure is excessive though.. its actually starting to affect my life

• No we all should love failing

• dont Fear Failure, Accept failure its something that you can learn from it

• no man up my boii

• no it is not.