I love gaming but how can one balance a healthy lifestyle while not giving up on gaming?

As I get older I am finding it hard to workout and do my job and still have time for video games.

(I am still physical fit, just not as much as I was younger.) ̄へ ̄

Most Helpful Guy

• well you just have to prioritize.

i love slaying demons but first i gotta work, hit the gym, train, go to class, and then i can slay demons until i go sleepy time :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it a weekly affair
    Like go out to gaming zones with your gaming buddies on the weekends
    This way it will be an exclusive thing and won't interfere with your work

What Guys Said 18

• You need to get your priorities in order and realize what's truly important in life. Obviously, games must take precedence over work! Lol. If you are really falling behind in your gaming, once in a while call in sick and spend the day playing games. Actually schedule gaming time for yourself on some weekends, even just an hour or two, and don't let anything else interfere unless it's an emergency. If you need to work out more too, start cycling to work at least part of the way. Or play Wii games that require you to get off the couch and move around. Then that time spent commuting or gaming can be exercise time as well.

I remember there was a TED Talk about the value of gaming. They asked a bunch of terminally ill patients dying in hospice care what they regretted. None of them said they wished they had spent more time working. In fact many thought they had worked too much and should have spent more time playing and having fun with friends. They weren't talking about video games specifically, but their insights suggest that recreation is more important to life than we think. Though society tends to think that a day spent gaming is a wasted day, at the end of one's life we will be nostalgic for those days and wishing there'd been more of them.

• Life is too short to waste time on gaming
    Go outside and live, enjoy your life while you still can.

My favorite quote :
    “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching”
    ― Gerard Way

static2.fjcdn.com/.../...00b5c9ca1987d67117023.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c4b29c17d5.jpg
    naughtylittleboy.files.wordpress.com/.../...an.jpg

• just find some time to give yourself the opportunity to game. i'm married, work 40 hours a week, and have a kid. i give myself about 1-2 hours of gaming a night after my wife goes to bed (as she goes to bed early and i'm a night owl)

• As you grow up in life , your priorities need to change. Now since you are a grown up lady , you need to go to work to earn a living. You are trading the time available at your disposal and earning money in liu of it. So time available for other activities has been reduced drastically. Out of the free time available at your disposal , you should allocate it rationally accordance to the importance and urgency of the tasks at hand. Gaming is not an essential activity for you now. So when you get spare time at hand or when you are not in a good mood , at that time you can do a little bit of gaming. You should get wiser with age and learn to manage your life reasonably well. Stop worrying about some things that you wanted to do but are unable to do because of other important and urgent priorities. On a Week day or Sunday when you are free , you can do a lot of gaming.

• Am a gamer since 1988, still active. I have a career, a wife and some day kids. It's about planing, it will take time till you get it right but for exampel : Mafia 3 and gears of war are out, shift between them an hour for each (2 hours total a day)
    1-2 matches league of legends (not ranked) before or after. That'd day 1, i work and wake up 5 am and finish at 1 pm. get rest make some chords, the wife come home, talk then play a little. weekends an hour extra of every game am currently playing. don't forget if you are not alon that means some one gonna need help while you playing so communication is good with planing.
    Try to make a plan and see how far you can get, if there is games you can pause and those you can't, communicate and understand with the family/friends and so on

• I go for walks - like walking home from work. Or I go for a long bike ride. Go straight to the gym from work to save time.

You will still have plenty of time for gaming. Like I finished work at 4:30, at the gym on the machines by 5, home about 7-7:30, dinner done by 8, that's three hours of gaming time, and you don't go to the gym every day anyway.

• im a gamer since 90's and i have to tell you this that, you can't play games all your life for hours. i can understand your love for gaming, i love gaming too believe me, im a gaming freak. but as you grow old you have to realize that life never stays the same

• So game less. I game less also. It's not that big of a deal. Most of the games I used to sink my time into suck now anyways. WoW is completely dumbed down. EVE Online is now Svipuls online. LoL has always had a toxic community. I no longer enjoy FPS. Just game less.

• When I was younger, video games were more of a lifestyle than anything else. As I got older, I had to relegate that to a hobby more than anything. I play on the weekends and sometimes at night. Don't expect to compete with younger people that have all the time in the world to perfect their gameplay, though.

Also, there's this:
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

• Maybe set up an oculus rift with one of those balance things to keep you near the center of a room so you can game and work out at the same time.

• Reward yourself after working out/exercising by gaming. :-)

Also, it IS much harder to find time to game as you get older. I seldom game during the week just because I just don't have the time or energy. I get up for work by 5AM at the latest, and I'm not home from work until 5:30-6. If I work out, shower, eat... It's 7 before I have free time.

• Hey you have a Doritos in your hair.

• Honestly you need to do a timetable of sorts. Right down everything you must do like work and sleep. Put in anything you want to do that isn't gaming. Then see what time you have, you could be wasting a lot of time you didn't know you had.

• Agree. I has to stop playing just because of it

• I had the same problem. I just stuck to playing on the 3ds. Sure your not playing the latest cool game, but its good enough for me. My pouch that holds my 3ds holds 3 more games. So one in the system pluse 3 more in the pouch gets me a good verity.

• You ever been laying down playing video games while someone was running in you from. The back

• There comes a age when it's appropriate to put away video games

No there isn't. Why should anyone place limits on what they do for fun just because they get older? As long as what one is doing for fun is not having a negative impact on their life then it does not matter.

Ok, so? It's not relevant at all.

As long as a grown man is taking care of his life, his bills, family, is not addicted and is fit and healthy, it does not matter what he does for fun.

I know a guy that looks after a family, works full-time and recently had another kid but plays Xbox every now and then. If you want to limit doing something you enjoy because of your age then feel free, but don't expect everyone else to artificially limit what they do.

• Marry me and we will both be happy, play together, have sex together (not more then 4 times per day because I am playing Mafia 3 right nowwwwww)

What Girls Said 1

• Be like me, quit your job to play games and hang around on forums like these all day