What's so bad about being a stoner?

What's so bad about being a stoner?I don't get it, everyone judges people who smoke weed a lot saying they'll never go anywhere in life and how they are disgusting. What's the big deal if someone likes to smoke weed a lot why is everyone such straight edges, I feel like those people who judge stoners are the people who don't like to have fun and are uptight. So if you hate stoners so much give me some good reasons and not a bunch of myths and stereotypes

Most Helpful Girl

• It was probably just the way they were raised. I thought it was bad until I tried it, now I do it once im a while. I think the stereotypes come from the fact there are SOME stoners that go nowhere in life and just like getting high. And like most stereotypes you take a small group of individuals and blame it on the whole group of people. My best friend has a boyfriend, and all he does is smoke, he even sells her shit for weed money. Does that make him bad? yes! But does that make all stoners bad? no!
    I say don't knock it till you try it. Its not about the herb, but about the person that smokes it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it is very addictive, cancer causing, it give you terrible idea that sound good, it reaks to high heavens, you slowly act dumber, you can't stop, Huge waste of money, people that do it have no work ethic all they want to do is get home and get stoned. Stoners constantly and annoyingly are trying to recruit more stoners. They think that an addiction is the best thing in the world and want others to become addicted. Pretty much smokers who have 3 times the symptoms and are 10 times more annoying, stupid, and won't shut up about it.

What Girls Said 14

• Smoking weed recreationally: hobby.

Being a stoner: lifestyle.

One isn't so bad, but I've not met a single person who smokes weed all of the time who was successful or could have a conversation outside of how big of a stoner they are. Generally speaking the stoner lifestyle lacks any practical appeal.

That has more to do with the age range of stoners you personally interact with. I know a stoner who plays for the Denver Broncos. (More than one, actually.) I know a stoner who owns his own plumbing company. I know a stoner who owns a cleaning company, I know a nurse who's a stoner, a lawyer who's a stoner, and a professional powerlifter who's a stoner. They're all over 30, they all have their own lives, and they don't hang around with kids and tell everybody they're stoners. That's the problem. All the smart, successful stoners are smart enough to keep it a secret so nobody suspects a thing. This gives weed a bad reputation because only the bottom 10% of stoners really represent the drug in the public consciousness. That's why everybody's shocked when Michael Phelps gets busted smoking it, because he's not a degenerate loser like all the stoner kids at school.

@Bananaman177 I'm Canadian, so I was not aware of this.

Alex, Neil, and Geddy are huge stoners. Spot this:

thechillbud.com/.../

• Well... marijuana is a mind altering drug despite what people say about it. The "high" it gives you is messing with sensitive brain cells and neural pathways inside the brain in order to think and function clearly. Doing ANY drug is bad not only for your physical bodies health, but your mental health as well. Sure pot is a lower gateway drug, but it's still very dangerous. If you do smoke it, I would suggest being smart with it and don't get higher than a kite.

• Other than further dumbing yourself down - nothing...
    The problem is - I don't know many people who are okay with a half-wit for a friend or an SO...

• If you want to play video games all day instead of working, getting a career or staying otherwise active, the weed probably has a lot to do with it. I won't judge, but I won't really spend any time around you either.

Do I want to do that hell yeah I love video games but can I do that no I have to work, to pay bills then buy said games. But that doesn't mean I smoke weed

@19magic I'm getting the sense you were somehow offended by my comments about why I don't like stoners.

Na, just never thought that video games were what people think of when they hear stoners.

• I want a healthy person at my partner. I think people should be healthy. I do not hate or judge stoners (there are lot of good people around me smoking) but I still think they should not be like that (just for their own good).
    I also can stand smoke (any kind of smoke) :(

• Stoners always have to talk about the fact they're stoners lmfaoooo

• There's nothing wrong with being a stoner , I'm one and that doesn't stop me from being successful with anything. Snoop dogg is a huuuge stoner and he's very successful and most definitely not a loser. Most people that don't like stoners are uptight, close minded, and scared. They think it's sooo bad so they Think people who smoke are beneath them.

• Do you smoke weed a lot? 😉

Sorry, I didn't mean to judge, make fun, or be rude.
      But listen.
      Though i don't have anything against people who do drugs. I'll tell you why they shouldn't
      It's as simple as this: Drugs=Death!
      I've seen cases. Drugs, excessive alcohol, any of these harmful things are horrible for your health. And sometimes there's a worse punishment than bad health o death.
      That punishment is being alive, but regretting your past abuses with drugs and such.
      All the negative effects of drugs that they teach us at school about, aren't for fun, they're real.
      There are people who end up committing suicide them selves because of losing out on things such as friendships, family relationships, and just a plain good life, because of drugs.

So, if you're asking this question, because you do drugs... Please stop. For you're own sake. This coming from a completely stranger who cares, must mean something, I hope.

Hope I helped.
      And just for a happy heart, remember:
      Love Life and Life Loves you back.
      -Nikki♥

• Cos you'll smell like burnt peanuts every minute.

• Well the fact it's illegal over here, I would not say it's a good thing.

• Too much of a good thing is always bad.

• Smoking weed is not shameful, it's a hobby not an addiction. It smells great by the way, not bad.

• "I'm a stoner, I'm a stoner, I'm a stoner" 😂

• Their brains are fried.

What Guys Said 8

• i have yet to meet a "successful stoner". sure i can just google some examples but I have yet to meet one. so far all the ones I have met, including my friends who are stoners, are all bums going nowhere.

• i know stoners , dude look, smoking once or twice a month is fine not is gonna really care but at least 70 to 80% of weed smokers smoke few times a day and if not daily at least every other day, they spend lots of money, they are stoned often and lets not forget that weed is actually smoked most of the time and even if its not tobacco its gonna damage your lungs anyway , so these are few reasons, stoners are basically people who wanna run away from life, thats no life.

• no offense but they are not living a healthy lifestyle. and they are addicted to their smoking marijuana or whatever they smoke, and i dont like addictions like that

• Nothing is bad about smoking weed, but if you make your life revolved around weed then that CAN be a problem. I also hate the fact that stoners feel the need to remind everyone they smoke weed.

Personally I do it for recreational purposes.

• Weed is illegal brah

• Stoners are becoming the new vegans.

• Nothing. People need to chill lol

• nothing is wrong with being a stoner. it's just uncool people who are scared of everything that are all judgmental over it. they are uptight. they're not just uptight they're cowards.