Why do you find it annoying when people reply "k" ?

Why do people find it annoying? I know a lot of people hate it, I hate it Because it's so lazy and I feel like I've wasted my time reading it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's rude. There's not a good way to respond to that, and the other person can surely put in more effort than "k."

Most Helpful Guy

• My friend uses "k" a lot even when he's not angry or anything and it pisses me off so much lol. And yeah it just feels like I wasted my time writing a proper message to them when they can't even bother replying properly so I wonder if they even bothered to read the whole message.

What Girls Said 19

• To me it says:

"I'm pissed, I don't care, I'm done with this conversation."

I don't respond to "K."

• It takes 10 seconds to go "Okay, thanks" or "Okay, ttyl".

"K" (to me) shows that they don't care enough to take those extra few seconds to send a full text.

- - There are a FEW people who don't like texting and do that to everyone.

The rest of you are just punks! ;P

• ... because it's laziness , and boring 😝

It's annoying when you have taken time to type out a message and your only response is "k" lol. I just wouldn't bother texting someone who was that disinterested

K. 😜

Why do people reply back with the thumbs up? I get that reply quite a bit on Facebook messenger, I use it when I can't be bothered writing something lol

It could be an emoji they find fitting, not just a thumbs up. That was just an example. I always assume it's a sign of disinterest and they can't be bothered to chat

• I figure They are either in a Big hurry and Cannot say More in Store or Maybe it's Something that They may Like or not Like.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• My boyfriend says that to me when he's annoyed...

• Yes it's so annoying because it's like they don't even care enough to answer you and write a quality response. It gives you nothing else to talk about also, so clearly they don't want to talk.

• Yeah it's either that they're really bored and want to end the convo or are just mad. They could also be in a hurry.

• They dont give a fack

• It gives a stop to the conversation.
    It's boring.
    Sometimes it feels like the person is trying to ignore me.
    Kind of rude.

• Hmmmm k

• I can be annoying because it seems like they didn't put any effort into it or like they don't care

• I usually use it when I am annoyed with someone, or when I am just lazy. 😂

• It is more like frustrating than annoying. It feels ur talking to a robot that has no thoughts or emotions for anything u type.

• Omg yes! I fucking hate it! They're basically saying "I don't want to talk to you rn"

• K means I don't wanna talk to you & which I won't anymore 😂😂

• Because it's simply rude and a conversation stopper..

• I do it... thats why im an anon

• Because it's just a letter, so you don't really know about they mean for sure..

The least they could do is wrote out, "Kay."

what*

write*

• It's rude, like they can't be bothered to reply properly

What Guys Said 10

• Its just annoying. I sometimes do it on purpose to get a rise out of people haha

• Kthxdie

• y. .

• Says there's no effort and theyre done talking... basically means fuck off to me...

• "k" is not a work, it's a letter.

Is it really hard for people to type "ok" ?

It's just laziness.

• because they are not putting effort into the conversation thats why i hate it.

• Anyone who can't type an 'O' isn't worth your time...

• I mean at least they can say "okay"

• k thanks bye

• I bail on those kinda people anywayz. They are not the only people in the world last time i chk 🤔