Why do you find it annoying when people reply "k" ?

Why do people find it annoying? I know a lot of people hate it, I hate it Because it's so lazy and I feel like I've wasted my time reading it.

1|1
20|11

Most Helpful Girl

• It's rude. There's not a good way to respond to that, and the other person can surely put in more effort than "k."

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My friend uses "k" a lot even when he's not angry or anything and it pisses me off so much lol. And yeah it just feels like I wasted my time writing a proper message to them when they can't even bother replying properly so I wonder if they even bothered to read the whole message.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• To me it says:

"I'm pissed, I don't care, I'm done with this conversation."

I don't respond to "K."

1|1
    0|0
  • It takes 10 seconds to go "Okay, thanks" or "Okay, ttyl".

"K" (to me) shows that they don't care enough to take those extra few seconds to send a full text.

- - There are a FEW people who don't like texting and do that to everyone.

The rest of you are just punks! ;P

0|0
    0|0
  • ... because it's laziness , and boring 😝

It's annoying when you have taken time to type out a message and your only response is "k" lol. I just wouldn't bother texting someone who was that disinterested

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

K. 😜

• Show All
    • 1mo

Why do people reply back with the thumbs up? I get that reply quite a bit on Facebook messenger, I use it when I can't be bothered writing something lol

• 1mo

It could be an emoji they find fitting, not just a thumbs up. That was just an example. I always assume it's a sign of disinterest and they can't be bothered to chat

• I figure They are either in a Big hurry and Cannot say More in Store or Maybe it's Something that They may Like or not Like.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend says that to me when he's annoyed...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's so annoying because it's like they don't even care enough to answer you and write a quality response. It gives you nothing else to talk about also, so clearly they don't want to talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's either that they're really bored and want to end the convo or are just mad. They could also be in a hurry.

0|0
    0|0
  • They dont give a fack

0|0
    0|0
  • It gives a stop to the conversation.
    It's boring.
    Sometimes it feels like the person is trying to ignore me.
    Kind of rude.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm k

0|1
    0|0
  • I can be annoying because it seems like they didn't put any effort into it or like they don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually use it when I am annoyed with someone, or when I am just lazy. 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It is more like frustrating than annoying. It feels ur talking to a robot that has no thoughts or emotions for anything u type.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg yes! I fucking hate it! They're basically saying "I don't want to talk to you rn"

0|0
    0|0
  • K means I don't wanna talk to you & which I won't anymore 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's simply rude and a conversation stopper..

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it... thats why im an anon

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's just a letter, so you don't really know about they mean for sure..

The least they could do is wrote out, "Kay."

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

what*

write*

• It's rude, like they can't be bothered to reply properly

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Its just annoying. I sometimes do it on purpose to get a rise out of people haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Kthxdie

0|0
    0|0
  • y. .

0|0
    0|0
  • Says there's no effort and theyre done talking... basically means fuck off to me...

0|0
    0|0
  • "k" is not a work, it's a letter.

Is it really hard for people to type "ok" ?

It's just laziness.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are not putting effort into the conversation thats why i hate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who can't type an 'O' isn't worth your time...

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean at least they can say "okay"

0|0
    0|0
  • k thanks bye

0|0
    0|0
  • I bail on those kinda people anywayz. They are not the only people in the world last time i chk 🤔

0|0
    0|0